[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Stupid shit you learned the hard way or before it was too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: stupid.jpg (23KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
stupid.jpg
23KB, 500x300px
ITT: Stupid shit you learned the hard way or before it was too late

>overtorqued oil pan and everything came out on me
>torqued a bolt on my exhaust manifold with a breaker bar, ended up destroying it
>use to put floor jack on metal rail next to rocker panels and bent them
>>
I bought a Honda once...
>>
>>15045983
>buying fwd
Damn...
>>
File: 1454055367971.jpg (105KB, 625x552px) Image search: [Google]
1454055367971.jpg
105KB, 625x552px
>>15045909

What's a rocker panel?
>>
>>15047868
American for side skirt i think
>>
>>15045909
Anticlockwise is the other way when you're taking the oil filter off, because it's FACING THE OTHER WAY.
I spent two hours and bent three screwdrivers turning it 1/4 turn the wrong way, and had to go buy new tools. Still couldn't unfuck it, and had to call my breakdown recovery to bail me out. Their guy showed up, 5 minutes with a tool attached to a socket wrench, and he had it loose.
Then I had to complete the oil change in failing light and rain.

I am a fucking idiot sometimes. I'm tempted to put a sticker on there with arrows for next time.
>>
Bought an 86 Pontiac Trans Am in 89 and turned out to be a pile of shit. Spent two straight months at the dealership trying to fix electronics related to emissions.
GM at the time didn't know how fucked up Tuned Port injection was hence Troublesome Trans Am moniker came about.
This experience sour me to anything American-made.
>>
on my dirt bike I took a blow torch to the rear axle because I thought the bolt was loose, turns out it was all one piece that I simply take out with my hands.

>I did this like 8 days ago
>>
Overtorqued fasteners installing a Holley carburetor on a 440 I was putting together.

Ratchet, ratchet, ratchet... SNAP.. "the fuck was that noise?"

GD I still cringe thinking about that day.
>>
>>15048241
I don't know if your issues were common but I had an 88 GTA and had zero problems with it for the 5 years I owned it. I fucked up and got the digital dash though. Hated it so bad after the novelty wore off.
>>
>>15048206
The fuck are you talking about? It's always lefty loosie, righty tighty. Unless it has left hand threads, it's always the same, not matter what you're unscrewing.
>>
>>15045909

over torqued an ignition coil bolt for one of those on coil boots, ended up snapping the bolt. Took me a few minutes to take it out and then learned not that the bolt actually grounds the coil so it can fire meanwhile i took it to my local hardware store to grab a bolt wondered why the whole time it ran funny
>>
>>15045909
My father was a diesel mechanic for the Military back in the 1980s. He became infamous with the nickname "One Turn Tom".
>ratchet
>ratchet
>ratchet
>"one more turn oughta do it"
>rache-SNAP!

He left the army in 1987. Almost 30 years later, still business as usual. HE STILL FUCKING DOES IT.
>>
>>15050701
Your father is a fucking retard. Likely means you are too. Sucks to be you, you glorious retarded faggot. And don't pretend you aren't, you were raised by a fucking idiot, you definitely are one too.
>>
>>15050727
I've taken a shower in ethylene glycol while doing a coolant flush (had the car up on a lift), but I've never broken a bolt while repairing a car or doing normal maintenance.

As to me taking after my father. Aside from a love of cars and general mechanical ability, I actually take more after my mother. And thank genetics I do. My father can't pronounce any word with more than 3 syllables correctly, let alone spell it.
>>
>>15050727
So much angst. We know puberty is rough. Hang in there, little guy. You'll get through it. BTW, you have to be 18 to be on 4chan, but don't worry, we won't tell your mom.
>>
>>15048206
If you are this dumb you shouldn't be touching your car. Let a real man handle it. Btw it's always right tighty left loosy. Direction doesn't change that.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.