[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

19 year old university student here The local Mercedes-Benz dealership

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mdrj5x9biP1rlyfnto1_1280.jpg (191KB, 610x471px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdrj5x9biP1rlyfnto1_1280.jpg
191KB, 610x471px
19 year old university student here
The local Mercedes-Benz dealership is hiring sales associates, would someone young like me have a hard time making sales? This is something I'd really like to do.
>>
>>15019967
How good are your people skills? If thats great then you can sells condoms to a eunuch.
>>
>you will looks richer and better than everyone around you
>people won't be able to see you through the expensive glass
>>
>>15019967
Sales ain't for everyone, kid

You get a ton of rejections, specially in the car business, lots of people who take you for a ride, lots of high pressure quotas, lots of morons who want you to pretty much give away merchandise. It's a few headaches.

I've been a salesman for 10 years, but the thrill you get when you close a good deal and when you get your commission paycheck that you earned makes it all worthwhile.
>>
>>15019967
They wouldn't hire you. You can't relate to rich middle aged people.
>>
>>15019996
That's my fear. Should I even bother submitting an application then?
>>
>>15020015
No.
>>
File: do it faggot.gif (2MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
do it faggot.gif
2MB, 540x300px
>>15020015
Don't let your dreams be dreams.
>>
From my experience working in a skilled labor/service job, boomers love you if you can opretend they're dominant in your interactions.

Its a hard thing to master. They hate being reminded they are clueless and outdated.

Its also pretty depressing. They will constantly test your knowledge with their incredibly limited experience on the topic. You may start out enthusiastic to answer their questions but you have to realize, if they're 40+ years older than you you can bet they aren't sincere when they ask you anything. They are fucking with you and they hate you because you will be the young, entitled, ungrateful millennial standing between their laundry list of bad credit decisions and a brand new Benz to impress the neighbors.
>>
>>15019988
>>15019967
>2015+1 applying to any dealership position other than "repair technician or mechanic"

Why not be a mechanic? They make bank and get bitches
>>
>>15020293
Because I have no mechanical work history
If I wanted to be a tech I'd have to go jiffy lube tier.
>>
>>15020320
Apply to be a carwasher then that's your foot into a mechanic position

My brother works at Mercedes Benz as a mechanic I work at Honda as a mechanic and we both came from Walmart as an oil changer. Car washers get atleast 10$
>>
turnover for sales at dealerships is 60%
>>
>>15019967
If you're just going to start memeing on people then no
Dont desperately try to push "drivers cars" onto everyone that walks in. Especially the couple with 4 kids.
>>
Im nineteen and sell cars. It's insanely stressful at times, but I love my job. I'm not in school, too many hours. I probably wouldn't recommend trying to sell Mercedes though. The demographic I think might just be a little odd for someone our age. I sell Toyotas myself, we get everyone.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.