[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just got an 03 gsxr600 from Craigslist and put about 250

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 20160415_142930~3.jpg (2MB, 2988x3164px) Image search: [Google]
20160415_142930~3.jpg
2MB, 2988x3164px
So I just got an 03 gsxr600 from Craigslist and put about 250 miles on it, mechanically it seems great, but it has a few minor problems. I took it to get inspected and the mechanic said there's no way it'll pass. The turn signals are fucked up, it's missing the taillight lense and the kickstand holds the bike up way too low and that was just a lookover.

My question is, is it worth getting inspected? I heard people say they've never got inspected and never gotten written up for it, even when they were pulled over.
>>
File: image.jpg (488KB, 1313x2336px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
488KB, 1313x2336px
>>14998435
I wouldn't risk it. Idk the laws where you are but I'd be boned if I tried that.
Do you understand how cheap it is to fix motorcycles? My street fighter is held together with cut down street signs, zip ties, ceiling fan brackets etc. hell my headlight is off of a tractor.
Just spend the $100-$200 to fix everything and have the peace of mind
>>
>>14998435

>Buying a used bike
>Having to go to a mechanic before you realized your turn signals and tail lights were fucked up

Please kill yourself retard before you kill someone else.
>>
>>14998549
To be fair he probable thought he didn't need turn signals, the brake light works even with the lens missing, and no one cares about the lean of a parked bike(throw a brick under the kick stand and tell him to fuck off).
I'm running no front or rear signals, no mirrors and no exhaust past my headers and I pass inspection where I live
>>
>>14998534
Where could I get a taillight lense? I've been looking and it's just coming up with taillights. That's about the only thing I really need, the turn signals are functional now.
>>
>>14998596
>craigslist gixxer parts
>>
>>14998596
Have you tried looking up the part number
>>
>>14998591
This.

I took it to a big Triumph dealership, I guess that's why they look into so much. I'll look at local shops.
>>
>>14998591
>To be fair he probable thought he didn't need turn signals,

And that makes him retarded.

>I'm running no front or rear signals

So you're that faggot who out of nowhere hits his brakes in the flow of traffic without signalling frist?

Kill yourself too.
>>
>>14998608
Orrrrr I shift into neutral and throw my left hand upwards indicating a right hand turn which you should have learned in school dipshit. I hope you don't ride a bike.
>>
>>14998793
>Orrrrr I shift into neutral and throw my left hand upwards indicating a right hand turn

No you don't. Let's not lie now. You're just like those other faggots who modify their bikes by removing basic functional safety features because it "looks cool"

Kill yourself.
>>
>>14998850
Yeah you really know me buddy. Stay mad and ignore reason faggot.
>>
Update: I stopped by a more local shop and they said I needed new footpegs, a chain guard, and have to replace both of my tires. Plus labor it's 500 bucks. I guess I'm glad I went.
>>
>>14998888
checked
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.