[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello friends, I recently bought a 2016 civic lx. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: fuck you.jpg (43KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
43KB, 400x266px
Hello friends,
I recently bought a 2016 civic lx. It's a 2.0L 6 speed manual.
This is my first real car to work on, so I was wondering what /o/ thought would be some good starter upgrades.
So far I'm thinking about;
New springs (coilovers)
New Wheels
Stickier Tires
CAI/Short Ram
High Flow Exhaust
High Flow Cat

Thats about it guys, what else do you guys think I should try and find that wouldn't void the warranty?
>>
>>14978917
>new car
>"working on it"

fuck off
>>
>>14978917
>what else do you guys think I should try and find that wouldn't void the warranty?
A faster car.
>>
Civics ftw man. I own an hatch VTEC 1.4 MK7 with a short short short gearbox and its like a rocketship lel.
If you want to rice it, just get a black/white respray. Put black wire alloys on it, slam it, put a lip spoiler on the back, tint the windows and put a nice loud exhaust on it. Skirts and bumpers would like nice too but be careful if you're slamming it.. Especially if you're in the countryside. If you're going performance and its not VTEC than just put a turbo in there, shorten the gearbox and some new valves. No need to go buying little performance chips or upgrades, its a civic. All it needs is a turbo and it will fly. If you do turbo I recommend getting a short shifter gearbox and long shifter stick for ultimate sweg points lel. Good luck :P
>>
>>14978917
Kill yourself. The new Civic is shit. Your needs would've been met just as well by a <5k civic.
>>
>>14978931
heard new cars all need special tools. If you wanna work on car get something from the 60s. all you need is a wrench and a screwdriver. Did the master cylinder on a 70s caddie in twenty minutes.
>>
>>14979022
New cars might need specific tools but anything under 2010 is all standard. Get a car from the 60's and it will probably last you about a month if you don't know to maintain and service it properly regularly.
>>
Put a spoiler on that bitch, just a rear lip spoiler, improves your handling and will make it look better.

the 2016 civic is the first Honda I've actually liked to look at, honestly, Honda did a good job with it and it looks good
>>
>>14979109
Said no one ever.
>>
>>14979114
Said a lot of people a lot :/
>>14979109
Front grille and lights suck dick but yea its ok. The EP1 is the nicest hatch honda or the model before the EP1
>>
>>14978917
That car is fucking hideous. But yeah, those mods are a good start. Might also be worthwhile to get a tune as well to actually take advantage of the improved air flow.

Also, consider adding a front lip onto it to help with downforce.
>>
You are better off going to a civic forum than asking /o/. It will have the same egotistical people but with some actual knowledge.
>>
You can make literally any car look good if you respray it black, black out the windows and put black alloys on it. Matte black respray is the nicest.

>>14979179
I hope you mean *back lip KEK
>>
File: IMG_0595.jpg (54KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0595.jpg
54KB, 650x488px
Why do I even try with you people
>>
File: 1461766586717.jpg (62KB, 638x633px) Image search: [Google]
1461766586717.jpg
62KB, 638x633px
>>14979216
>>
>>14978917
Have you tried sticking your woozle in the intake
>>
>>14978917
>New springs (coilovers)
pointless by itself
>New Wheels
if lighter.. sure go ahead
>Stickier Tires
besides driver improvement, tires are the most cost effective and noticeable improvement
>CAI/Short Ram
completely pointless and you should consider a different hobby if you think this is at all a good idea
>High Flow Exhaust
oh your car is turbo charged.. wait it isn't.. see above
>High Flow Cat
oh your car is turbo charged, wait it isn't.. see above above
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.