[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody here like the Miata Italia kit? Seems like a pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (89KB, 635x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 635x267px
Does anybody here like the Miata Italia kit? Seems like a pretty cool way to get a special snowflakemobile, even if you're putting $15k of bodywork into a $5k car.
I've been saving up for an M3 but I think I might do this instead. I have experience turbocharging miatas on a poverty tier budget so I could get some speed behind the looks too.
Terrible idea or no?
>>
>>14970814
If that's really how much it costs it's totally not worth it.

But credit where credit is due, that front end looks nice. Something about the area around the front fenders where the door starts is irking me though. It looks tacky there.
>>
>>14970814
Why not buy something that has >200hp out of the starting gates for far under the same price? Why do people on /o/ have such retarded boners over Miatas? I get collecting, but as an only vehicle it seems retarded to trust putting 4x the true value of the vehicle into something that will inevitably be less trustworthy than say, a nice Toyota Camry. Fuck, for 20 grand I can go down and get a used v8 challenger and work on upgrading it with future money from there.
>>
>>14970814
I don't.

Does it even include the hardtop?
>>
>>14970814
Wheels look like shit and those fender outtakes look even worse.
>>
>>14970814
>$15,000 bodykit
Why the fuck would you do this?

By the time you've done this and made the miats any kind've fast, you could've just bought an FD.
>>
is it just a bodykit, or does it require welding and cutting?
>>
>>14970826
I already have a car that makes decent power and I want something cool. I've wanted an old Datsun for a long time just for style reasons but they're hard to find in decent condition and not overpriced. This seems like a cool way to get the looks without the difficulty of finding a well maintained older car.

>>14970837
It's less about the fast and more about the special snowflake factor.
>>
>>14970863
Being a special snowflake is retarded, and wasting $15,000 on a miats is the epitome of stupidity.

You could buy any number of older, rare cars for the same or less and not look like the kind've idiot who dropped $15k on a shitty looking bodykit for a common car.
You want to have something special?
Buy an original, bone stock, low mileage 1.6L miats. Keep the original wheels in storage, drive it only on nice weekends and keep it impeccable.

Rarer than any riced out shit and it will go up in value.
>>
>>14970857
No welding, but it does require a fair amount of custom fitting and cutting. If it were as easy as mounting body panels I'd do it myself. The $15k is including labor and paint for the entire car.

>>14970884
I'll keep this in mind.
>>
>15k
oh fuck i did not realize it cost that uch, for some reason i thought it was 7k or something.

and that's 15k before installation too
>>
File: heresy.png (264KB, 436x612px) Image search: [Google]
heresy.png
264KB, 436x612px
>>14970814
>removing pop-up headlights on purpose
>>
File: 240z.jpg (489KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
240z.jpg
489KB, 1600x1064px
>not just buying a pristine 240z for the same price

>or two shitty ones that you can soup up with change left over.
>>
>>14970826
But that challenger weighs almost twice as much.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.