[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /o/'s opinion on old X-Type / S-Type Jags?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: xtype.jpg (132KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
xtype.jpg
132KB, 1024x765px
What's /o/'s opinion on old X-Type / S-Type Jags?

They seem pretty good bang for buck

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201604203165845

>2.5l V6 AWD model
>50k miles
>manual
>nice looking cream interior
>£3000

I was planning on dropping between £6k - £7k on an E92 325i with around the same mileage but now I'm looking at other options

I don't wanna spend more than £7k though and would prefer a car under 50k miles
>>
Just a mondeo, but more expensive
>>
>>14965924
Pretty nice but I hear reliability is suspect
>>
>>14965941
Yeah I guess I'd have to look into common problems and work out how much I'd need to set aside for a maintenance pool
>>
>>14965924
the x-type is a mondeo underneath, the s-type is a lincoln ls. reliability is okay for the v8, common problems are the coilpacks going bad, the transmission service costs about 1000$ (it can be done for
300$ if you do it yourself), the valve cover and head gasket going leaky, and transmission problems. If people want to start talking about nikasyl liners, jaguar engines developed the same problems that bmw engines had. the cylinder liners would disintegrate if the engine was run on sulfur rich fuel. these engines got replaced by jaguar with steel lined engines and are easily identified by a little plaque on the side of the engine. you shouldnt be scared of by that because jaguar replaced thes engines, even way after warranty, sulfur high fuel doesnt exist anymore like it did back in the day and the nikasil liners were only used for 1 or 2 model years. another thing you should look out for is chain rattle, but as long as the engine doesnt rattle it isnt necessery to work on that. if the chain and chain guides do get replaced i recommend using a set with metal guides and a more heavy duty chain, they are easily available. the best car would be the supercharged s-type r, but the 4liter ones are fine to.
>>
>>14965924
X type is literally a top tier mondeo, with V6s, S type is ugly as sin and has either the shitty V6 or the decent V8

If you've got £7K lying around for a car, pick up a X308 XJ, with either the same V8 or the V6 diesel and have a MUCH better car for the same money
>>
File: jag-s-type-r-ubg.jpg (83KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
jag-s-type-r-ubg.jpg
83KB, 900x596px
>>14968667
>S type is ugly as sin and has either the shitty V6 or the decent V8

The S Type R is exceptional.
>>
>>14968680
All the type Rs are excellent though
>>
File: Replacment_engine_placard2.jpg (183KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Replacment_engine_placard2.jpg
183KB, 640x480px
>>14968652
this is the little green and silver plaque wich indicates the engine has been changed.
>>
>>14968680
Not usually a fan of silver but that looks good
>>
File: rover_1998_2.jpg (152KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
rover_1998_2.jpg
152KB, 800x571px
>>14965924
A 75 in top trim and a nice v6 is better than this,you can get them for 1k-2

Its reputation is unfair,they're quite good cars
>>
>>14968667
>S type is ugly as sin

I actually quite like them.

Sat in one at a dealers, they're nicer looking in person, look a bit shit in photos. Awesome to sit in.

Didn't drive it cos it wasn't what I was there to see.
>>
>>14972138
This

There seems to be a few common BMW parts on them too, the whole build feel is closer to a BMW than a rover.

Also available as a RWD V8 and as a slightly angrier looking MG.
>>
>>14972380

These are nice.

But unfortunately you will have to tell every single girl you date or coworker or friend as you walk back to your car "yeah it's a Rover".

That sentence alone is like all your cool points gone.
>>
>>14965924
Go for it. Cars like this keep me in business, I have a clien or two thatve spent probably 10k each over the past couple years, even at that mileage
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.