[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of eco boost? Specifically on the Ford f

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What does /o/ think of eco boost? Specifically on the Ford focus RS. I'm thinking of getting one once it comes to America, but I don't want to fall for the Ford meme. I was thinking of getting the STI, but I've never had experience working on boxer engines.

https://youtu.be/HhnyQHRoeao
Hot hatch comparisons conducted by Auto Trader
tl;dr what does /o/ think of eco boost AND Ford Focus RS?
>>
ecoboost = turbo ford motor

what else is there to comprehend

do you like turbos

then you'd like ecoboost

do you like hektik skids

then you'd like the rs
>>
>>14953940
Good luck finding one that's not 5k over msrp minimum. 2.3l is unproven, wait a year or 2 till you know all the mustangs and RS are not shitting themselves.

Sti has ancient motor that takes 2 years to build boost.

Simple answer: want car now, get a WRX.

Has more torques than a sti, makes boost faster, cheaper, able to find one and at msrp if you look around.

I hate 4 door cars, but I've been looking around alot recently for the most fun for the money I can get. Considering WRX despite my hatred.
>>
>>14953940
>once it comes to America
But anon, it's here now
>>
>>14954969
apparently ford are considering axing it from the us after 1 year
>>
>>14954989
That's what they're intending to do with the North American market Fiesta ST, so it wouldn't surprise me that the same is true for their RS. I wonder if Ford is pissed about the retarded markup on these things, because it's putting the car in the low 40's which really opens the options to the buyer for bigger p, better, and more luxurious things.

It's a little sad, I was really excited for this car a while back. Now that hype has died down and people are actually getting them delivered, all I'm hearing about is how great the car is, but not for the cost.

Oh well, that just means that the North American version of the RS and FiST will be collectors items and 'cult classics' in 20 years. At least that's what tends to happen when you only run 1 - 3 model years of a car that hadn't been sold in a specific market previously, then suddenly stop.
>>
>>14954917
Im not a ford expert but the 2.3L ecoboost has been in the mustang for a few years now. I looked up some tuning info for it and people were getting 500hp on stock motor with some crazy supporting mods. The RS engine is the same engine with better pistons and oil squirts if im not mistaken. So from what I have heard the 2.3L ecoboost has a lot of potential.
>>
>>14957163
the mustang ecoboost is pretty sweet, but I wish the car weighed about half as much.

havent looked into the focus st's. are there any ecoboost rwd vehicles that are lighter than the stang?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhnyQHRoeao
>>
File: 1441164115711.jpg (64KB, 709x538px) Image search: [Google]
1441164115711.jpg
64KB, 709x538px
>FWD biased
>drift mode
>>
Im just praying for a 2.0L Cruze hatch.
>>
The RS is ok

but there are two problems

one- none will go for 35 grand they all are going to be 40 with mark up

two- the Golf MKVII R is 35 grand with all the discounts VW is offering. With a Revo Stage 2 kit, the DSG version is goin 0-60 in fucing 2.9 seconds or some crazy shit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.