[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a driver more or less likely to yield? People in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (47KB, 295x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 295x443px
What makes a driver more or less likely to yield?
People in my country never give way and everyone drives like assholes.
So what influences aggressiveness/selfishness in drivers?
>>
Intimidation.

Get something big enough moving fast enough, make sure everyone knows you're coming, and it's an open road.
>>
>>14949411
>that one car still going the opposite direction.
I guess he wants the city to himself
>>
>>14949411
It's culture.
>>
>>14949411
Your best bet is to learn to force yourself into small gaps.
>>
>>14949411

If you had the right of way, I will yield to you unless you have stopped like a confused fool.

If I have the right of way, I am not yielding to you.
>>
>>14949411
Higher concentrations of people the more people try and fit in smaller spaces the more aggressive they have to be to get outlook at the northeast of America compared to the south
>>
>highway merging
>those faggots in rush hour who refuse to give a merging car a spot
>causes a buildup of merging cars that are running out of road
>entire highway grinds to 5mph as merging cars try to find a spot in standstill traffic
>>
>>14949821
>Give cars that want to merge spots after merging sign, usually let two or three in
>Some faggot thinks he'll blow by the slower traffic and merge at the last second
>See him sitting at a standstill at where the lane runs out
>Let in the guy in who's in front of him
>He tries to force his way in
>Don't give him an inch and just shake my head at him as I go by

Feels good.
>>
>>14949411
In the city, using your turn signal is not enough. You have to learn to shove your nose in the lane to get where you need to be.
>>
>>14949794
People like you are a lot of the reasons traffic jams start. If I'm in a crowded merge and I have the right of way, I still make sure to let in one or two people.
>>
>>14950227
>>14949821
>Implying you have to let them in.

See these people are the problem, I always shut you out if youre being a fucking asshole trying to just get ahead of everyone.

Example.

Rich lady in brand new yukon tries flooring it past a semi but is quickly running out of road and I am behind the semi. See exactly whats happening, squeeze tighter to the semi.
>Ibetyouthoughtyoudgetin.jpeg
Calmy keep behind the semi and stare right into her eyes the entire time shes honking and throwing her hands up in the air like I just ruined her entire day. Gets off on same off ramp as me. Just me and her so I go about 20 down the entire ramp just to make her more mad.

Feels good to be an asshole to an asshole.
>>
>>14949411
I usually yield to people that want to join a lane as long as they are polite about it and have their turn signal on.

But if they try to bully me into yielding I'm usually ready to get into an accident than yield.

Having a dash cam also saves you from the cops if they cause an accident.
>>
A lot of it has to do with innate biological ability to comprehend the idea of helping others, and the way this also helps you. Basically, an area with a high Negro population (fiercely individualistic and with no real empathy in all but the highest functioning examples) will have a higher rate of these selfish traffic incidents, as the Negro is unable to comprehend that slowing traffic down on a road in general will also slow himself.
>>
>>14950246
Actually, you're the reason traffic jams start.

The proper way to drive in highway traffic is for people on the main road to leave a good distance between them and the next car, and to maintain speed near merges. The merging cars are to slot into the gaps left in traffic, and then everybody gradually readjusts to make slots again.

Doing this results in a net slowdown of traffic (generally about 20%, so 80kph instead of 100kph), but no gridlock. Gridlock happens by people like you stopping to let someone in, and people merging coming to a fucking stop instead of, oh, maybe merging?

If someone wants to slot in front of me when going my speed, they can. I don't speed up like a dick. But if you slow down then expect me to stop and let you in? You're a bad driver and you should stay there. Just the same as I never slow down if I can avoid it to merge. Speed of traffic or slightly more is how fast you should be merging.
>>
>What makes a driver more or less likely to yield?

Personally.
More likely to yield
>If the person is indicating
>isn't trying to force themselves in and is being patient
>is trying to pull out of an awful turning and I could make their lives a lot easier
>I like their car

Less likely
>the cunt is not indicating
>the cunt is trying to force themselves in

Basically don't be a cunt.
>>
I'm more inclined to let someone in as long as they signal properly and aren't trying to do something like cut into an exit at the last second during rush hour. And if they go over the stop line at an intersection, I leave them room to atone for their sins and back up behind the line. (They never do)

Though I'm also a complete asshole and I could write paragraphs on the shit I do.
>>
>>14949411
I always yield to italian cars, especially Alfas :)
>>
>>14949411
Lmao that pic I remember driving down the 405 towards Westwood and there was an accident involving ~5 cars, my 88 acura shitbox being the only car that got away (like that single car in your pic)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.