[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to avoid having your car broken into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: grand theft auto.jpg (518KB, 2364x1224px) Image search: [Google]
grand theft auto.jpg
518KB, 2364x1224px
What's the best way to avoid having your car broken into and/or stolen? As far as I know the best steps you can take are

>roll up your windows
>don't leave valuables in plain sight, lock them in your trunk if you can't take them with you
>don't leave spare keys in your car
>have a manual transmission (in America)
>>
>>14929837
fuel pump kill switch
>>
>>14929837
Don't live in a shit neighborhood.
>>
>>14929837
Deterrence is key, because you can't stop anyone who's determined to steal *your* car. You just don't want your car to be an easy opportunity for a criminal passing by. I use a car club and dummy alarm light.
>>
>>14929837
Windows rolled up, no visible valuables and no spare keys in the car pretty much stops an opportunist from grabbing your ipod.
A manual transmission might stop a joyrider or give them some pause and trouble as they grind their way through it, but they're again taking the car because it's convenient or they want it (looks cool, is close by, etc).
None of that will stop a more professional thief, assuming they don't just grab your car and tow it away with a truck. Motorcycles? Forget starting them, someone who wants it is just going to push them into a box truck and drive off.
>>
>>14929863
You can stop it if you try. I read somewhere in south africa they hook up an airbag to go off if not deactivated to the headrest that will snap your neck if you try to start the car
>>
>>14929876
Yea and in brooklyn new york there was a russian gang with an old tow truck that would just tow cars away and strip them I guess
>>
Don't live near people with brown or black skin.
>>
>>14929837
Baseball bat,and please carry a baseball glove and a baseball.If any nigger breaks in,sodomize that shitskin with the bat and teach him "gibs me dat" ain't gonna work.
>>
File: 20160416_062410.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160416_062410.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>pic related

Best way is to not park in shitty ass places. My car was broken into and there was nothing worth taking in it or anything visible for that matter. They stole the Safeway Monopoly Tickets that I had in the center console...
>>
What you said OP
Alternatively you could could go full race car
>battery disconnect switch
>ignition coil switch
>fuel pump switch
>quick release wheel
>metallic clutch, so even if they know manual the clutch will be weird for them
>>
I just throw my stereo head, iPod, and radar detector in the glovebox since I can lock it. 06 Honda accord manual trans. If somebody super wants into there they obviously can but I pretty much only park in parkades and streets in not too shitty of neighbourhoods. If you wanna take the whole car I'll get insurance on it and if you want to test your luck and take the time to break in and break open the glove box, go ahead. Radar detector would sting but ipod could and should be replaced with my phone and the head is an incidental cost I can handle.
>>
>>14929916
That sucks. Where you at the dragon?
>>
>>14929916
Same car, same thing happened to me, but from the passenger side and I wasn't even in a shit neighborhood.

They stole that thing that you use for automatic highway toll payment that you glue to the windshield (forgot how you call them in English) and replaced it with an identical, already stolen one.

They were probably hoping I wouldn't have noticed until they could rack up some highway miles or something, I can't think of a better reason why you would steal that thing and replace it with another one.
>>
>>14930992
>forgot how you call them in English
In America we always call them by their brand, which varies from state to state. I call it an EZPass because it goes through the EZPass tolls.
>>
>>14931091
>>14930992
*also, for that situation you mentioned (stolen) is why I keep the EZPass in my console and take it out right before I enter a toll.
>>
>>14930142
Nah. I couldn't this year. I wanted to. :(
>>
>tfw the worst place I park weekly is at school

got insurance, and never leave anything of value in my car visible. alternatively leave your car full of useless shit like wrappers, and empty cups like my gf does.
>>
File: SATURN-BLACK-SL^2.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SATURN-BLACK-SL^2.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>14929837
This method has been working for me for years. I don't even lock the car.
>>
>>14931195
draining your battery?
>>
>>14931091
Yes we call it by brand where I live too (there is only one brand though) but I though there was a specific term in English.
I never even thought about hiding it because it's just so inconvenient to steal it (it's linked to the car plates, they always take pics of the car when passing a gate, it can be instantly blocked online if lost/stolen) and I didn't think someone would risk breaking into a car for something that can be bricked with ease.

Oh well..I learned a lesson I guess
>>
>>14929837
dont repair dents or scratches. it works for crx owners i know.
>>
I want to rig up kill switches for battery and fuel pump. Can you get locking kill switches?
>>
>>14931254
The real reason they broke into your car is prep work for your abduction.
>>
>>14931273
Just hide them
>>
>>14931254
Yea, I don't think there's a term for it

Google calls it a "electronic toll-collection system pass". Which is probably the reason we call it by the brand.
>>
>>14929837
i just take the steering wheel with me
>>
>>14929888
>yaw mercury swx rigged to horn
>yaw rigged alarm from optima battery hidden
not much of an issue.
>>
File: IMG_20150630_185943_776.jpg (653KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150630_185943_776.jpg
653KB, 1306x980px
>>14931262
>>14931273
My CRX has a revelco. Google it. They're supposedly effective.
>>
>>14931624
>revelco
>vid on site show my car as second to top stolen
kek
>>
>>14931273
Well there are switches which operate with a key if that is what you mean
>>
File: 1452363239314.jpg (18KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
1452363239314.jpg
18KB, 438x438px
>>14931652
congrats on owning a civic
>>
>>14931240

hes referring to the car, no one wants to steal a saturn.
>>
>>14929837
sitting in it
>>
>>14929837
Honestly I break unto cars all the time at my job. It's stupid fucking easy. Anyone who wants into your car is just gonna smash the window even if you could open it with a slim Jim in 2 Seconds.
>>
>>14929837
>don't live around minorities
>own a modern car with an immobilizer key
>don't leave valuables out in the open
>have full coverage insurance
not that hard m8
>>
How do you hotwire a car? Is it even possible today?
>>
>>14929855

This and lock it up in a garage.. Don't Street park.
>>
File: stinga.jpg (31KB, 800x617px) Image search: [Google]
stinga.jpg
31KB, 800x617px
Well I live in an apartment complex but I made sure that my car is visible from my window. If I see someone even looking at my car my flash light is on and my shotty is loaded.
>>
>>14934287
How does it feel living in a third world shithole?
>>
Just get a decent security system.
>>
>>14929844
beat me too it.
have a fuel pump kill switch hidden in my car.
>>
Boot your own car and prevent the most expensive action a nig nog will do.
>>
>>14929883
Id forget to turn it off and snap my own neck.
>>
File: 1450942730877.gif (800KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1450942730877.gif
800KB, 220x220px
>>14929837
>driving a car nobody else wants.
>>
>>14934595
I don't know? I like arizona get to have guns and funs.
>>
>>14934287
>If I see someone even looking at my car
Good thing you sit at your window 24/7, right?
>>
>>14929837

If you've got no garage, park in view of the street, and don't live in a shitty place. I don't even lock my
doors.
>>
>>14929837
Don't leave stealables on show, don't fucking leave it unlocked, don't leave the windows open, and don't park it in a high-crime area.

I'm shocked that you WOULD leave spare keys in it. Truly, people are fucking stupid.

Nothing will stop someone stealing your car if they really want to. They'll break into your house and steal your keys at night, or mug you for them. Or for valuables, they'll just break a window and tear through the interior if they know it's in there.

>>14929900
> Walk away from car
> Baseball bat somehow magically defends the car
>>
I leave used syringes all around my interior
>>
Shoot on sight
>>
>>14934861
THIS!

My DD is a 1993 Infiniti G20 (Nissan Primera GT for the rest of the world)
Manual
Faded paint
Front seats black cloth, rear bench tan (ripped) leather
Front left fender is painted by me with a spray bought at Walmart
The black dashboard shows very nicely the years of dust/polen on top of it

Once I forgot to lock it, they only stole a phone charger

I love the car and I'll keep it forever (because no one else wants it).
>>
>>14929837
Teach thieves not to steal
>>
Just leave
>ham radio on top of the dash
>a police badge and a case file on the seat
ez
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.