[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2004 Ford Focus LX Heres some issues I've had before.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1461201263922.jpg (136KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1461201263922.jpg
136KB, 765x1024px
2004 Ford Focus LX

Heres some issues I've had before.

Radio doesn't work. It seems like it works almost flawlessly during cold weather, and then nearly never during hot weather. Last year it was sporadic during Summer. This current Spring it hasn't worked at all, except once and even then, it shut itself off shortly after coming on.

A few months ago, I had a stalling issue. I thought it was either bad gas or a fuel pump mishap, but it turned out to just he exposed wire from the battery hook ups touching some other metal piece in the car, causing it to shut down. I sealed it up and fastened the battery in tightly so that it wouldn't move.

What I am dealing with now:

Again, I'm having a stalling issue. The battery is still tight and sealed so its not the same cause. In addition to the stalling, sometimes when I push down on the gas pedal, it seems like the car has problems running gas through the system. Like, the car will accidentally push more gas than I intended and cause the car the jerk forward. That happened a few times one day a couple of weeks ago. Then I pulled into a lot somewhere shortly afterward, and the car completely shut down on me.

It started up just fine and I was able to park properly. I drove back home and didn't have that issue again that day. I figured it was just bad gas. Since then, I've filled the tank up a few times, and again this last Tuesday, I had similar issue with the car jerking forward, accelerating on its own. On the drive up the dirt road back home, the car legitimately accelerated on its own. I know for sure because I had my foot on the brake instead of the gas when it did.

Now I'm afraid its the fuel pump. I'm waiting on my financial aid refund so I can drive the car down to a mechanic and have them check it out... I don't know jackshit about cars and my conclusions came from shit I read on google. What do you guy's think may be going on?
>>
>>14895713
a failing fuel pump or low fuel pressure will not cause surge.
i'd check the throttle body and linkage. manual or auto?
>jerks forwards then stalls
could also be dropping the clutch if say some part of the clutch system is fucked.
>>
>>14895723
Auto...
>>
>>14895713
Surging is the IAC and can also be the reason for stalling. It controls the air allowed into the engine while the throttle body is closed.

Radio is probably a shitty connection or the headunit dying.
>>
>>14895896
Easy fix or no?
>>
>>14895959
Extremely easy.
>>
>>14895879
Found your problem
>>
>>14895963
Recommendations?
>>
Also
>bad gas
Every person who doesn't know shit about cars says this I swear.

Gas only goes bad if it sits for more than a few years retard. Didn't you have a dad to teach you about cars?
>>
>>14895974
Not him but it could be iac or throttle body, linkage or the pedal if it's drive by wire. Check for leaks in the intake or a vacuum leak too.
>>
>>14895980
'04 LX (SPI) Focus are cable driven throttle bodies.

>>14895974
Buy a cheap socket set and an IAC w/ gasket. It's 2-3 bolts and easy to access.
>>
>>14895977
No I didn't you faggot.
>>
>>14896004
>>14895977

Well he has the fucking Internet.
>>
>>14896004
Neither did I bitch, now what?
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 185x174px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 185x174px
>>14896200
Why are you so mad?
>>
>>14896264
Don't like car tarded millenials
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.