[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a little bit of a dilemma. I love cars, really much.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (411KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
411KB, 750x1334px
I have a little bit of a dilemma.

I love cars, really much. I had an Frs that I was planning to start tuning but was involved in an accident that sent it straight to write-off land.

I went to the bmw dealership afterward and my dad purchased a new x5 (without me realizing he was purchasing it for me). This x5 has everything you can dream of in terms of features, and the amount of comfort and tech vs my Frs is like night and day.

But.. I still feel something missing. I think I'd be much happier with a sports car as a daily driver. I currently make 70k a year and my dad basically handed me an 80k vehicle, I guess as a graduation gift. I'm still 23.

Should I just say fuck it to my urges and appreciate what I have? I really don't know what to do. I could give the car to him and get my own shitbox but my gut tells me the wise thing to do is to secure myself financially and buy a car when I'm 28-30.
>>
>>14892205
bro.

if you make 70 grand a year, and you just received a free BMW x5, then you have 8-10 years of having a comfortable, advanced daily driver.
Then with the amount of money you make, you could afford a true drivers car, like a second hand lotus or porsche.

DD the x5, i've been in a few and they are great big things.
Buy a weekend car, something too hardcore to drive everyday, but just enough to make you love driving.

spend the rest of your money mortgaging a house with a garage. But definitely don't sell an 80k gift. That's nuts. Especially considering you would never get 80k out of it. You're 23, if you decide you hate the x5 in five years, sell it. But right now just appreciate it. Getting a car that expensive is more than 95% of people (read americans) can expect from their parents.

Just put off getting married while you buy the porsche because believe me the second you get a woman pregnant or marry her your dreams get postponed till you are 55. Live the dream anon, buy a sportscar and garage that bitch. Keep the x5.
>>
File: slowmaro4.jpg (93KB, 630x575px) Image search: [Google]
slowmaro4.jpg
93KB, 630x575px
buy the m2

its faster than the camaro
>>
>>14892375
dumb answer. The m2 sure is fun to drive but its nowhere as comfortable as a loaded x5.
huur duurr its faster
>>
>>14892428
hello reddi.t
>>
>>14892353
Ignore the memes, this is the answer you want
>>
>>14892353
>8-10 years
More like months before it's broken.
>>
>>14892205
The new X5 is very nice, dont sell it man.
>>
m2 is the only good bmw that bmw makes right now
the rest of the lineup could be replaced with mercedes, the driving dynamics aren't that different and its unfortunate. the mercedes would ahve better interiors anyway
>>
>>14893011
actually i'll walk that back and say the 2 series in general is all good
why not get a used m235i for quite a bit less? get a dinan stage 4 package ($8500) and spank stock m2s all day
>>
>>14892353
pretty much this. The X5 is a kick as free vehicle. Thank your dad, drive your free 80k luxury SUV, and buy some shitbox for the weekends with your own money.

Are you actually retarded OP?
>>
Thanks everyone.

I'll buy a lotus or Porsche eventually as a weekend car, and keep the x5. Much appreciated.
>>
>>14892205
Kickyour dad for not getting a 5 series touring instead and going for the dumb ass SUV meme.
>>
>>14892205
Keep the x5. You have an ideal daily driver.
Considering the amount of money you make, you can buy a second-hand older car that you can customize to do whatever you want it to. If you only have one car, it must be able to be bearable during traffic jams, trips to maccas, able to ferry around friends etc in addition of cruising for shits and giggles which you'll only do a few times a week.
For example, I would never ever want to sit in my cousins R33 during a traffic jam. Sure it looks cool, you can do hektik skids in it but it is loud, it is uncomfortable.

Keep the x5
Get a second hand car you can tinker with.
>>
>>14894438
You've made the right choice OP.
>>
1. Sell X5
2. Buy Miata
3. Build up a nice start to a retirement account
>>
>>14894438
thank your old man, take em out dinner or a ballgame or something dont be an ungrateful shitter
>>
Keep the X5 and get a second hand Abarth 500 essesse.
>>
Drive the BMW as your comfortable daily. Buy a used C5 Vette for 13K and MAWD THE FUCK out of it.
>>
Get the X6
>>
File: image.jpg (855KB, 3308x2028px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
855KB, 3308x2028px
I'd take this one
>>
>>14894438
Literally this is perfect. I would honestly buy a cheapo lotus Elise as a track car and then buy a Miata or AW11 and spend up to 10k making my perfect weekend car.
>>
>>14892353
Stop here OP
>>
>>14895080
/n/ pls go
>>
File: image-54fea40e8a1b3.jpg (103KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
image-54fea40e8a1b3.jpg
103KB, 640x633px
slam it
>>
>>14895697
fuck off stancecuck
>>
Thank your dad ,keep the x5. Tell dad you are thinking about buying another fun weekend car. Ask him if he minds, would he wan the x5 for himself or anything like that. he is going to say no, but offering that is being grateful.

Since you have a nice daily, you can get funky with your 2nd car. You could get something Newish.. and still be putting money away for a house. You could get something older and fast, a project, and put lots of money away for a house.

You could save for a few years and get a ferrari or something.
>>
>>14895710
better watch out I'm gonna cut all your springs baby back bitch
>>
Keep the X5 as a daily and buy a weekend sports car with what's left. $10-15k gets you a nice E36 M3, okay shape S2000/C5 Corvette, or a ratty E46 M3/WRX STI. Or even another used FRS/BRZ.

You'd take a absolute fucking bath selling the X5, and if your dad is nice/rich enough to outright buy you a $80k car randomly it's better you stay in his good graces.
>>
>>14895736
shoo shoo
>>
>>14892205
Yeah, don't sell it. You'll be a cunt. The minimum grace period for selling a car received as a gift is 5 years.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.