[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All the time I wanted a car, I wanted a mx-5, but recently, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
All the time I wanted a car, I wanted a mx-5, but recently, I was offered an rx-8. I need help! what car would better as a first car for a youngfag?
>>
Get the rotary blapper, blow it up.in a week, sell it is a project, get shit box mx5.
>>
>>14887756
elaborate
>>
>>14887769
I'm assuming you live in England as you said mx5, so the insurance will be a nightmare on the RX8 and only slightly less so for the Mx5

Basically, if you've got the line on a cheap *running* RX buy that, give it a clean and sell the thing for as much profit as possible. Use the money to buy a decent but cheap mx5 to insure.
>>
>>14887769
He's incoherently memeing, the Miata is both a way better driver's car and also considerably more reliable. The RX-8 is a turd with a meme engine that tried to ro everything and accomplished nothing, not to mention most used ones are in abysmal condition
>>
>>14887784
To add to this, use whatever you have left over and whatever you saved towards suspension upgrades and a K24 engine, go to kmiata dot com and buy the kit, then get a clutch upgrade, install and enjoy your poor man's S2000
>>
>>14887752

The RX-8 would be a terrible first car, especially if you're the one buying your first car by yourself, because you need to really be on the look out and make sure you're not getting an RX-8 that has been raced to death's door.

The MX5 will be easier to maintain, easier to buy and just overall much fucking easier to deal with.
>>
>>14887791
Fuck you're a total moron. The RX8 is a fantastic driver's car, better than the 5 in some ways. Why do you even post?
>>
If you have a lot of friends and don't mind paying a bit more for fuel, the RX8 is the better choice. If you live a country with good weather and you don't really carry many people the MX5 is better (also more reliable if you don't really care about your car)
>>
>>14887752
>a first car for a youngfag
Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla with 120k miles but intact tranny and engine.
You will make many mistakes while maintianing and repairing that car. You will make stupid choices that you will want to fucking kick your own teeth in for later on. You will break things while trying to fix other things. You will put dumb things on the car that you will find very stupid later on.

With your first vehicle, the primary feeling you will have afterwards is REGRET. Not about the vehicle. About your own actions with it and around it.

For that reason, pic a car that is cheap to fix, comes already pre-ruined and will not be a gem of automotive engineering like those two (arguably) are. You must, as we say in Germany, first "ram the points off your horns". You must get the dumb shit out of your system with a device that will take the abuse and not make you have bad feelings in the aftermath.

There's a reason I got myself a crappy 50ccm moped early on. I already regret some of the "repairs" I did on the thing, but at least I'm not breaking a huge-ass car.
>try to change brake fluid
>splatter brake fluid over painted brakes and rims
>the cringe is infinite
BUT IT'S OKAY BECAUSE I JUST PAID 300 FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>14887841
>With your first vehicle, the primary feeling you will have afterwards is REGRET. Not about the vehicle. About your own actions with it and around it.
THIS absolutely 100%. NEVER buy what you want for your first car.
>>
>>14887841
this
>>
>>14887752
>Blow engine
>Buy RA rebuild kit
>JBWeld the side ports that kill the engine
>Use a holesaw to cut peripheral ports
>Delete oil injectors
>Fab new manifolds
>Premix 128:1
>>
>>14887752
Technically the rx8 is a 4 door, 4 seater with a 1.3L engine. Insurance would be lower than a miata of equivalent value, I believe.
>>
File: DSC_0306.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px)
DSC_0306.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>14887841
I bought pic related for my first car. It's been a year and the only thing I regret is it's lack of power.
>>
>>14889410
That's great for you then. I still wouldn't recommend it to a beginner, especially to a beginner to wrenching.
>>
File: 20150901_090942~01.jpg (906KB, 2148x1549px) Image search: [Google]
20150901_090942~01.jpg
906KB, 2148x1549px
>>14887752

My very first car was a 91 Integra alongside an 88 Supra. I made some very bad decisions and both cars ended up looking very shitty. I then bought a 98 Integra. Made some less shity decisions. I now have a stable job and have a very mint NB miata and porsche with very delicate mods the enhance the original intent of their designers instead of disgustingly ebaying silly canards and visors. RIP 91 integra, i'll buy another one in your place and do you right.
>>
>>14889410
omg, is that a Porsche anon?
>>
>>14892736
;^)
People are always asking how much I paid for it
>10k AUD. 2001 spyder with 65,000 on the clock huehuehue. From a dealer.
>>
File: 1456437837095.jpg (97KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456437837095.jpg
97KB, 800x600px
While in any other situation I would say the RX-8. For a first car I would say the MX5 though... its a normal engine that you can get accustomed to and learn to work on yourself much easier and I also believe the balance of the MX5 would be nice to learn on as well.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.