[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dearest /o/, Trying to buy a used car for around 5k and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (873KB, 2055x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
873KB, 2055x3000px
Dearest /o/,

Trying to buy a used car for around 5k and the mileage issue is fucking me up. So I've read that over 110,000 miles is probably to much, but when I search for cars between 50 to 100k I'm getting results for 15 year old cars with only 70k miles. And from what I've read (I don't know shit) this is bad because it means the car hasn't been driven enough.

Do I have to something somewhere in the middle here or are these old / low mileage cars in good condition? Can a ten year old car with 150k be worth buying, on the flip side?

Is there ANY way to tell without being a mechanic? Will an appraisal of the car put all of these concerns to rest? How do you find someone to do an appraisal?

I get that there's a sticky but there's a lot more going into this shit than what's posted there
>>
>>14883293
>110,000 miles is probably to much
On a euro car, yes
On a American car, yes
On a Jap car, no
Great b8 BTW!
>>
>>14883311
>on any car

You're retarded
>>
>>14883311

Wait, how the fuck is this bait? Im just posting what Ive read, you're more than welcome to correct me.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on mileage?
>>
I bought my 9-5 at 154k miles. I'm hardly a mechanic, but I've learned along the way together with my Taurus and my cousins' adventures with shitboxes and barely functioning Mercedes. The best thing to do is do a fair amount of research into the car you want to buy, or whichever one you're looking at. Learn what breaks when, and what to watch out for.

OP, what's something you're looking at in particular?
>>
>>14885282

Im not looking at anything in particular. Im just trying to stay away from money pits.
>>
>>14885293
Well, what's something that you think that looks cool? I'm just looking to provide a more in-depth method.
>>
I have a first gen Lexus rx300. Bought it for $2,000 with 170,000 miles, at this point it has over 210,000. It still feels absolutely stunning and comfy. Drives perfectly, smooth shifts. However, I did recently have to replace the rack and pinion steering as it was getting a little shaky, and I've changed both oxygen sensors and both front control arms. Other than that though the car just kinda maintains itself, I just change the fluids that need to be changed on time, always.

I expect this car to easily pass 250,000 miles. 300,000+ certainly isn't unheard of on well maintained Japanese cars.
>>
>>14883293
You can't spend 5k and below and expect not to get a shitbox.
>>
>>14883293
cars with low miles are not necessarily bad. it's only bad if it's been sitting for longer periods.
I wouldn't cross out below-average mileage vehicles. in fact, a car that is driven infrequently but regularly will have obviously less wear.
>>
>>14885331
also this desu senpai
>>
>>14885331
>You can't spend 5k and below and expect not to get a shitbox.

This is wrong, right? Only people that think all older cars = shitboxes believe this, right?
>>
>>14885372
Pretty much.
Econobox maybe
But not shitbox
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.