[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>drive a golf GTI Clubspot DSG >want to try launch control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1333735967989.jpg (20KB, 243x229px) Image search: [Google]
1333735967989.jpg
20KB, 243x229px
>drive a golf GTI Clubspot DSG
>want to try launch control
>set car into sports mode, set ESC to "ESC off"
>car stands and steering wheel is straight, transmission is in S mode
>hit the brake pedal
>then hit the gas pedal
>The engine is revving up to about 3500 or so without problems so it seems to work (I've tried this with a 1.2 TSI golf before and it did not seem to work, the engine was struggling and only went up to like 1400rpm as if it was grinding the clutch)
>release the brake pedal
>engine RPM goes to the rev limitter
>car accelerates
>engine is hitting the rev limitter all the time
>oddly I hear no tires, I mean I'd expect them to be screaming at this point
>car doesn't even accelerate that fast
>at about 50kph I smell clutch, a lot of clutch
>also, when it shifts up it doesn't do that "plop" noise, not even a bit. normally it is pretty loud when you accelerate fast
i-is this normal? is this because it only has 3000kilometers on the clock?

Also Volkswagen Golf general i guess
>>
>>14883170
>drive a golf GTI Clubspot DSG
>>
>>14883170
You're not supposed to redline a car until the motor is broken in.

You've potentially permanently damaged your motor.
>>
>>14883170
>3000 k's
>already needs a new clutch

top kek
>>
>>14883200
The manual says that the motor needs 1500km to "break in" and then it is good to go. I did do that. I did everything correctly as according to the manual. The watertemp AND oiltemp were at operating temperature when i did the launch control.
>>
>>14883205
it's not like I was racing it all the time or something. i remember that occassionally when I accelerated by flooring it, it was as if the clutch was slipping, or maybe this has to do with the hydraulic locking differential? I know people who treat new GTIs like garbage (flooring when engine is cold, generally flooring them much, much more than I do) and they don't have this.
>>
>>14883233

> buying a VW
> buying an auto

get rekt
>>
>>14883368
I didn't buy it
I never bought a car

get rekt
>>
>>14883375
>leasing a car

get rekt poorfag
>>
>>14883375

well then this thread is useless.

> the VW I drove has problems
> needs a new clutch

whats new?
>>
>>14883384
why the fuck would I BUY a car LIKE THAT and risk never getting rid of it again, plus needing to take care of it and all?
Stay jelly poorfag

>>14883387
maybe you should read the OP
>needs a new clutch
lol it's still driving
>>
Did you feel the car fighting the brakes when you had both pedals down?
>>
>>14883396

> new vw
> 3k km
> needs new clutch

whats new?
>>
>>14883396
Im not the idiot who's gonna have to buy a new DCT for somebody elses car
>>
>>14883396
your clutch is slipping dumb fuck. it can still drive with a bad clutch. You probably glazed the fucking disks.
>>
>>14883414
Somebody who isn't me has wrecked the manual transmission of a leasing car before by not using the clutch properly and he got it covered too.

it is literally explained step by step in the car's manual how to use launch control and I used it accordingly. It is a feature of the car. If I close the door and it falls off, I won't have to buy a new door either. Pretty simple eh?

>>14883429
maybe it's doing this intentionally, the fuck do I know? Maybe the software wants the clutch to slip when you use launch control. Hence I asked in the OP if this is normal. Jesus christ i'm not a car mechanic.
>>
>>14883444
>
then why is he asking us instead of going to the dealer?
>>
Was the car warmed up when you launched it? Also it sounds like the dsg fluid was low and the clutches are probably shot now.
>>
>>14884081
yes, as I've posted before, water and oil was on temp since a long time. i did NOT treat this car rough, i even drove the first 1500km properly like you should EVEN THOUGH IT'S ONLY A LEASING CAR which i will give back t volkswagen anyways. Most GTIfags who lease dont care and floor them since 0km. i did care and still this shit.

i am going to drive to work soon and then i will see if it's worse. what will be interesting to see is if the typical DSG shift noises will still be present. apperently they happen due to torque reduction because the DSG shifts really hard. so if the clutch is kill now, it should not be able to shift hard enough to make those noises.

i would seriously be surprised if it was kill now. i have never launched this car before, neither with launch control, nor flooring it from a stop. did drive it faster before (i mean jesus it's a GTI) but not too often.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.