[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Driving a manual >Some fuckface gets in an accident on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: 20160417_190205.png (324KB, 916x848px) Image search: [Google]
20160417_190205.png
324KB, 916x848px
>Driving a manual
>Some fuckface gets in an accident on the interstate and causes 4 of the 5 lanes to shut down
>Every retard and their grandma has to merge 5 miles before the accident
>Practically break my fucking left leg by stopping and going in <5mph traffic
>>
>Driving a manual
>Bitches about driving a manual

Its 2016 driving stick is a choice
>>
>>14872088
Sounds like you need a better daily
>>
>>14872104
>Implying that stopping and going in a manual for an hour is comfortable in any vehicle
>>
Unless you have some fuckheavy "stage 4" clutch then I don't see why you're complaining.

It isn't a big deal if you space yourself properly from the car in front of you.
>>
Stop being a poorfag and get an automatic
>>
File: 1459910561696.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1459910561696.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>14872088

>not putting weights on your pedals and getting sick quads
>>
>>14872088
Just put it in 1st and take your feet off the pedals.
The car will chug along just fine at a few MPH.
>>
>>14872113
I've owned a e39 540i-6 and ford fiesta, both manual and both pretty comfy to drive in stop and go traffic. I think it's all down to the shift feel, clutch biting point and personal preference.
>>
I gotta be honest with you famalam. I drive an STi, which arent known for their light and easy clutches and I dont really have a problem in stop and go traffic. Get good.
>>
File: smug skele.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
smug skele.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>>14872088
may b u just need to git gud famiglia
>>
Nigger my shitty 2.0 can still chug along at 400 rpm in 1st when braking you don't have to press the clutch the instant the RPM drops below idle
>>
u just a weak legs pussy bitch baby try cycling like a shit tonne of pro drivers
>>
>>14872088
>be me
>drive stick
>commute to work is 45 miles away both ways
>stop and go traffic atleast 25 miles both ways every day of the week except Saturday
>been driving this commute for 3 years

It's not comfortable, but it's certainly doesn't make me butch and complain about it or make me want to drive auto.
>>
>>14872088
Why is it that only Americans ever complain about how hard driving manual is?
>>
>>14872118
>It isn't a big deal if you space yourself properly from the car in front of you.

>implying Mrs. Shitcunt won't shove her filthy CUV cunt right in front of any space you fucking leave for no fucking reason
>>
Serious question, does anyone notice asymmetry in their quads or glutes due to constantly clutching in and out
>>
>>14872838

Been driving only manuals for my 7 year driving life. No, all you have to do is make sure you don't drive with a clutch on its last legs, and/or made out of solid stone.
>>
>>14872838
Yes I do. It's a thing
>>
>>14872835
Just honk and throw an Egg at their car
>>
>Live inna counrty with the worst traffic in thr world.
>mfw the thing that only happens to you once in a while happens to me everyday
>>
>>14872838
My right leg is still stronger than my left and the same size. I've only ever had really light clutches tho
>>
Weakling.
>>
>>14872088
>Practically break my fucking left leg by stopping and going in <5mph traffic
Grow a manleg, you pathetic manlet
>>
>>14872838
Two months of dailying this shitbox and a year later I'm still sure my left leg would be stronger than my right if it weren't for my shitty knee
>>
>>14873116
OP here.

I'm 6'2", my leg just hurts after using it for 2 hours straight. Driving an STi doesn't help either.
>>
>>14873164
Move your seat back noob
>>
i prefer a manua.l for being stuck in traffic.. just put it in first and it just putts along you don't have to touch anything

i was stuck in toronto morning 401 traffic in my auto the other day and it was too fast i had to keep braking the whole time... ANNOYING
>>
My truck has a heavy as shit and crooked clutch, so traffic is a straight up job that sucks hard dick.

I once got stuck in traffic on my bike (that also has a heavy clutch) for several hours, by the time I got home, I could barely close my left hand.
>>
>>14872827

Our roads and drivers are shit, causing all sorts of unnecessary issues. This makes us angry, so we look for and find something to blame and that thing is the clutch pedal, because without that we could just press the gas and brake like everyone else clogging up the highway.
>>
>>14872838
yeah, a decade of aftermarket clutches and high powered cars did that to me. stop and go traffic dont bother me one big. after a long time, like OPs story, my leg will shake tho
>>
>>14872088
Don't you have torks to crawl in traffic?
>>
>>14872088
Why do people complain about clutches in manual cars? I mean in any semi-modern car with a hydraulic clutch, it's super light and easy to use. Try an older muscle car with a cable clutch, then go back to yours and try complaining.
>>
>>14873815

This.

Get a real car and you wont have this problem.
>>
>>14872835
This.

You should keep a CO2 paintball pistol in your car to take of any traffic shitters.

Just make sure you can maneuver.
>>
>>14873721
Nigga just turn the bike off and walk
>>
>>14872835
This. I read that people who leave fuckhuge spaces in front contribute to congestion just as much or more than the guy who tailgates and constantly has to stop. You're enabling shitty merging which is the main cause of traffic.
>>
>>14873843
>friend has Hellcat
>leaves the country for a month
>has me take his land barge around town once a day to keep the juices flowing
>clutch felt like it weighed 8 tons
>get back in my shitbox Focus to go home for the day
>go to put in the clutch
>THUNK
>practically send clutch foot through the floor

Probably best month ever, used to take it down to the local burrito joint every afternoon and cruise after.
>>
>>14874046
That's the difference between a 100hp car and a 700 HP car
>>
>>14873749
Don't respond to bait you bonehead.
>>
>>14873887
>somebody mildly annoyed me so I should cause hundreds to thousands of dollars of damage to their car
Vigilante justice is retarded, everybody makes stupid exceptions for themselves but would condemn anybody else performing the same actions. Every once in a while you have /k/ spillover on here admitting they look for reasons to legally murder people
>>
>>14874046
I know that feel

>Driving mates twin plate brutal clutched F6 back from sydney because he twisted his ankle
>Stop and go traffic, hills, etc
>Not too bad, dat torque helps
>Finally get to his (2.5hrs driving)
>Get in my normal clutched XR6T, feels exactly the same
>Whole drive home i'm trying to kill my poor pedal and riding the clutch because it has more than 1mm of grab zone
>>
>>14874060
What?
Water based paint comes off with...water.
Your numbers are made uo, and you don't know what you're talking about.

All you've caused, provided you don't dent their car, is a little effort for them to wash it off.

You do dent their car, they can ooo the dent out for a few bucks.

How about people don't drive like assholes, instead?

Cutting across at short range because they weren't paying attention.

Weaving in and out(dangerously) because "muh hurry".

The point of driving on public roads is to make sure you, your passengers, and the other cats get home safely. Doesn't mean throwing some paint isnt warranted.
>>
>>14872440
>chug along
>400rpm under idle

I think there's something wrong with you car fambruhghini.
>>
>>14874178
>Wrong
His 2L might be weird.

My 4L I6 was perfectly content at 400-500rpm, though.
>>
File: niramiinu.jpg (102KB, 944x1400px) Image search: [Google]
niramiinu.jpg
102KB, 944x1400px
>>
>>14874178
>>14874198
It idles at 800 and won't even start to stall til like 300 so its perfectly content at 400 albeit shakey as fuck
>>
>>14872835
1000x this. If you leave more than one car-length's space in front of you, somebody will take it, even if it's literal gridlock traffic.

>>14872118
Easy to say when you never experience traffic in flyover land. I've seen stop-and-go traffic at 3 in the morning. And this happened just two days ago
>Saturday afternoon
>car in the shop
>it's not done yet but I want to take it for a spin, decide to go on freeway
>fucking traffic
>not even fast enough to go past 4th gear
>give up after about 5 miles
>>
>>14872297
this
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 500x281px
>>14872088

This >>14873832 OP

Come do my job. Driving an old bastard like pic related. 10 hours a day. You'll beg to go back to your car
>>
File: IMG_20160411_133251~01.jpg (2MB, 3783x2127px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_133251~01.jpg
2MB, 3783x2127px
>>14872113
But it is in this one, it has a babby clutch that takes no effort at all. Subaru cloth seats are comfy as fugg too.

I let some of my friends drive it that are barely experienced in driving manuel (like, they know how to do it but they've never dailied one) and they said the car made it feel like they'd been driving manual forever.

It's not like traffic in my area is light either, Austin has some of the worst traffic in the country and I'd still never even consider trading it in for an auto.

>>14872297
This, in any somewhat modern car you can do that and the computer will keep it from stalling. Similar to engine braking, if you let off the gas completely the computer will cut fuel so the wheels are powering the engine to get dem empeegees.
>>
>All these shit tips for driving in traffic

It's like you people enjoy not moving forward.
>>
>>14872120
THIS
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.