[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they fucked? >Ford: No interest in merger with Fiat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: fca-626x313.jpg (40KB, 626x313px) Image search: [Google]
fca-626x313.jpg
40KB, 626x313px
Are they fucked?

>Ford: No interest in merger with Fiat Chrysler

>http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2016/04/15/fca-consolidation/83082662/
>>
>Are they fucked?

...because?
>>
>>14869451
Fiat has been known to make pretty shitty cars in Europe.
Chrysler has been known to make pretty shitty cars in America
Then they merge.
They are literally 2 piles of shit merged into a massive pile of shit.
>>
>>14869616
Yeah but what are their accounts like?
>>
>>14869616
>Fiat has been known to make pretty shitty cars in Europe.

Their cars are good for the price but they only make boring as fuck family cars
>>
No, their trucks and SUVs will keep them from getting fucked.
They'll be in dire straights if they can't find a manufacturer to rebadge cars for them
>>
LX Platform, trucks, a decent crossover that isn't the Journey, and Jeep will keep the dream alive.
>>
>>14869166
No, because it's just Sergio trolling them. He did it with GM like six months ago.
>>
>>14869697
At this point I feel like FCA has been such a near consistent fuckup since the Daimler days til now I don't think I'd really miss them. Besides that, Sergio running his fucking mouth all the time talking about how their cars suck and they're discontinuing them... okay, that may be true, but why the fuck would you publicly say that? You keep that to yourself, you fucking bozo. It's like he's intentionally sabotaging the company.

At least Jeep will probably survive.
>>
>>14869166
Good I would have been pissed off if they merge because I like ford
The only good thing Chrysler makes is the hemi or Cummings but they trannies are still shitty that the put in the trucks or suvs with them
>>
>>14871728
Chrysler doesn't make the Cummins. You can get it in a Nissan now. Not a truck guy so I can't tell if if the new Titan is shit or not, but it has a Cummins.
>>
>>14869616

Well, if you weren't retarded, you'd look at their sales figures. Jeep and Ram are doing gangbusters right now. The Challenger and Charger have been stupid successful for almost a decade, now. The only brands in the entire company that are meh are Chrysler and Fiat proper.

Marchionne wants a merger because he wants to walk away with a fuck ton of money. He doesn't give a shit about cars. FCA is actually pretty profitable right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 315x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 315x450px
>>14871728
>Cummings
>>
>>14871728
>Cummings

come the fuck on. There isn't even a "g" in the logo
>>
>>14871738
The Titan XD isn't shit, but it's kind of a pointless truck. It's got almost the same performance capability of a half-ton, but for the price of a 3/4 ton
>>
>>14871868
Fuck I thought you were making one of those stupid smileys. Same problem the Scion xD had.
>>
>>14871728
Cummins is a Fortune 500 company that manufactures all kinds of motors and generators. They are not owned by Chrysler.
>>
Theyre not fucked but their business plan has been.

>No more Hemi unless in ram
>Twin-Turbo Chally/Charger
>Hundreds of vaporware products and promises
>Muh Dart SRT4
>Muh RWD Avenger/Cuda/Duster

Jeep is still jeep but they need to get their jeeptruck out already
>>
>>14869616
>Fiat has been known to make shitty cars in Europe
In the 70s lol
>>
File: 1459903412552.png (547KB, 899x975px) Image search: [Google]
1459903412552.png
547KB, 899x975px
Nothing can describe the amount of hate I have for FCA and Chrysler by extension. They've ruined multiple brands I love with their deathly touch, and made puppets out of their corpses.
>>
File: 1382907719817.jpg (62KB, 479x675px) Image search: [Google]
1382907719817.jpg
62KB, 479x675px
>>14869166

why do they need to have so many dying/niche brands?

they should just gather their best resources and create something new
>>
>>14872217

I'd have much more respect for them if everything was rebadged Fiat.
>>
>>14869166
to be fair what would that even look like? I mean I know what to expect from ford but what about Chrysler? what do they even have to offer besides trademarks?
>>14872166
I feel the same way about GM,also I'm glad that they at least let the Superbird/Daytonna thing go, they would have not have done it justice
>>
>>14869697
FCA is already looking into doing more re-badge work with Mazda following their success with the Fiat-Miata re-badge. There's already speculation that the next generation Dart and Chrysler 200 will be rebadges of the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 with body panel and interior restyling. I fully believe this is what's going to happen. FCA has already stated that the Dart and 200 will move production to Mexico for their next product cycle. Mazda is expanding their plant in Mexico which builds the 3 to also build the related 6. Makes me think that this is the move to Mexican production that Marchionne was speaking about. They'll probably share an assembly line like the Infiniti-Mercedes joint assembly facility which is also in Mexico.
>>
>>14872300
>FCA is already looking into doing more re-badge work with Mazda following their success with the Fiat-Miata re-badge.

has this car even gone on sale yet?
>>
>>14871865
Man, I used to work for Cummins and even my own family spelled it with a "g" all the time.

Pissed me right off. I have no idea why people do this.

>>14871632
I feel it's an Italian thing. They don't seem to hold back when it comes to washing their dirty linen in public, brand image be damned. The only thing it achieves it is establishes Sergio as the type of boss who doesn't tolerate any shit and isn't afraid to be hard on people to turn the company around. But it's not great for brand image.
>>
ITT: murricans think FCA is all about the ameribubbler market
>>
>>14873316
>I have no idea why people do this.
to humilate you, as if you have a daily job with semen
mystery solved
don't thank me creampie eater
>>
>>14869697
They'll be in even direr straits when gas prices increase dramatically. Their only strategy is to Hellcat everything until their new platforms arrive, which will take 3-4 years - and an increase in gas prices will fuck everything up.
The Saudis are literally able to kill FCA.

>>14872309
Fiat 124 Spyder will be arriving during the summer. I think it looks better than a Miata.
It's also a glorious combination: Italian design with Japanese technology.
>>
File: 1458334400142.png (901KB, 1037x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1458334400142.png
901KB, 1037x1056px
>>14873339
But it sounds super gay either way, anon.
>>
>>14872300
didn't they axe the dart and 200?
>>
>>14869166
Yeah, Chrysler pretty much is. Ford doesn't want their incompetence in their brand, so they'll have to crawl back to GM.
>>
>>14871728
The only transmission they have that's good is the one in the SRT and Hellcat Charger/Challenger....and it's not even made by them. It's a ZF 8-speed lmao
>>
File: SRT-Tomahawk-VisionGT.jpg (2MB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
SRT-Tomahawk-VisionGT.jpg
2MB, 3000x1688px
>>14869166
only this can save them now
>>
>>14873915
It'd be more accurate, and less amusing, to say that there's nothing FCA has that Ford would want. Jeep would be about it but Ford already has a truck/suv line with plenty of history of its own in the market segment so Jeep woukd be redundant. I also like to think the Fords learned their lesson after the buying spree of the 90's nearly cost them their control of the company in the 2000's.
>>
>>14872300
That's news to me. Might make me consider FCA car if I were ever dumb enough to finance one
>>
>>14869616
Fiat make serviceable small cars, but awful big cars.
>>
Fiat did make some pretty based shitboxes too
>>
File: 100_3326_cr.jpg (222KB, 800x497px) Image search: [Google]
100_3326_cr.jpg
222KB, 800x497px
So did Chrysler
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.