[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened to Roadkill, /o/? Why's it so boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: roadkill-promo.jpg (69KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
roadkill-promo.jpg
69KB, 660x495px
What the fuck happened to Roadkill, /o/?

Why's it so boring now? Tony and Lucky are getting more favorable comments and are more fun to watch now.
>>
>>14866658
They sold out, that's why
>>
>>14866658
Because Bika died. RIP BIKA
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1310x954px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1310x954px
rip doggo
>>
Because Tony and Lucky are new. Any new Roadkill episode would make a great first episode, but you can only do so many roadtrips in shitboxes before it becomes repetitive.
>>
Too many roadtrip episodes imo.
Drive point a to b is a little repetitive. The best episodes are when they built something or get something running
General Mayhem, Junkyard GMC, Junkyard Cuda, Corvette Kart= Best Episodes
>>
>>14866776
>you can only do so many roadtrips in shitboxes before it becomes repetitive.

Top Gear has demonstrated that this isn't true.
>>
>>14866858
Top Gear proved that its true, if youre a straight male who cant stand 3 journalists pretending to know about cars.
>>
>>14866858
Top Gear go to the North Pole, through Bolivia or through Vietnam and have a production value in the millions for each road trip. Also they're sarcastic Brits doing partially scripted stuff. Two relatively generic guys with a thing for burgerbarges going from Tucson to Bakersfield for three grand including the car isn't quite the same thing.
>>
>>14866858
lol no
they absolutely confirmed it, the show was going dooown and clarkson scandal was last chance for both, bbc and presenters trio
>>
>>14866658
It's because Hotrod Garage has a shit ton of more episodes coming out and is actually interesting with the builds and shit.

However I am looking forward to that junkyard Ford they'll be making road worthy again
>>
I personally don't like the show as much because they release episodes a month in advance on Motor Trend On Demand. I feel disconnected from the show when it comes out on YouTube. That whole move just felt like they were trying to get more money, which so far I have not seen actually get put towards more roadkill greatness. I mean you can't just take more money and then make less content. You will lose viewers that way.
>>
>>14866973
I agree. They are a victim of their own success.

------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS COMMENT POWERED BY DODGE
>>
>>14866658
I still like it.
>>
>HURR DURR THE SPONSORSHIP
>HURR DURR THE ON DEMAND PRERELEASES

Holy fuck you stupid faggots, you want everything to be free and want it to be how you like it forever. Fucking bernout cuck faggots. Guess what? That shit wasn't free to make, and monetizing is what makes content like that happen. If you don't like it just stop watching, nobody is forcing you to pay for it, the show is STILL FUCKING FREE for fuck's sake!
>>
>>14866658
Finnegan moved to alabama or some shit, so everything is super staged and contrived.
>>
>>14867519
This isn't youtube comments man, you don't have to dickride so hard.
>>
>>14867540
>tell the truth
>b-b-but ur dickriding!

Just stop watching it instead of bitching about it on a nigerian mushroom farming board.
>>
i wanna say the sponsorship killed it
and the new show roadkill garage seems more fun
however
>pay to watch
almost dropped it alll
>>
>>14867519
I can watch a ton of other automotive shows that are free. It is like trying to sell air when you can get it for free.

B is for build
Speed academy
Project Binky
Turbo miata
Aaron cake cosmo restoration
The dude in blue
Smoking tire
Petrolicious -one of the best
Carthrottle

You may as well pay for every single car show you watch. It seems like you also oppose net neutrality.
>>
>>14866658
>Why's it so boring now?
Because it's behind a paywall now. That alone destroys all of the novelty of ''OMG NEW ROADKILL TODAY'' - because back in your mind, if you just forked over some money, you could've watched that episode earlier.

>Tony and Lucky are getting more favorable comments and are more fun to watch now.
That's because Tony and Lucky are finally worked in, know what they have to do, and most importantly, they're getting chemistry together., almost on the level of F&F.

>>14866973
>I feel disconnected from the show when it comes out on YouTube.
This.
>I mean you can't just take more money and then make less content.
They´re not getting any more money. What subscribers are paying right now, used to be paid by Youtube itself, and so you can reasonably expect content to be similar.
>>
>>14867560
Are you fucking retarded? Almost every fucking thing you listed is monetized, and roadkill is still free, faggot.
>>
>>14867339
>They are a victim of Youtube, which stopped funding
ftfy
>>
>>14867544
When did it become uncouth to have a critical discussion about something?
Are you a stancefag by any chance?
>>
>>14867572
Youtube stopped funding? When was this?
>>
>>14867578
Now you're strawmanning hard, you dumb fuck. It's not critical discussion, it's whining about there being commercials. That is THE FUCKING WORLD. NOTHING IS FREE, EVERYTHING COSTS SOMETHING, MONEY IS ALWAYS INVOLVED. If you want to watch something of half-decent quality that has no sponsorship, no commercials, no monetization, just kill yourself, because it doesn't exist!
>>
>>14867590
Please quote the whining about commercials.
>>
>>14867586
About two years ago, april fo 2014 iirc. /Drive for example went full payed content on Youtube itself, Roadkill kept going on Youtube, probably on TEN's buck, because it was hilariously succesfull. Then, about a year later, they got some sponsorship money from Dodge, but apparently, that's not enough to keep the Motortrend channel afloat (just Roadkill I guess), so they combined it into one pretty good subscription deal with MT ondemand. Keep in mind, TEN is originally a magazine company, so online videos has been pretty new for them, and formulating a monetisation plan is really hard. Ad revenue from Youtube is shit because of adblockers and Youtube being yews, so it's better to get your own website nowadays, if you're a big enough player (like MT is). Combining it with some motorsports goodies, and some exclusive series, and it's a pretty good business plan.
>>
>>14867519
So watching ads suddenly isnt a form of payment anymore?
>>
Roadkill isn't done on a shoestring budget, and is less awkward now. The quality has improved drastically, but with that they've lost a bit of the charm.

As for motortrend on demand, did they learn nothing from /Drive+ ?
>>
>>14867638
MT on demand has way more content than /Drive though - while they''e about as expensive.
>>
>>14867655
That's not the point though, the point is they took a few service and are charging money for it. You have some die hard fans, and they will go for it, but why would I want to the pay for the thing I love when I can and did get it for free.
>>
>>14867663
Partial subscription is still subscription - and it might be enough to get your into the black numbers.
>>
>>14866973
Of course they're trying to make more money. Even shitbox builds can't be funded solely by YouTube comments and Facebook likes.

Besides, they aren't making less content. YouTube content is just 1 episode behind the on demand thing.
>>
>>14867704
haggard garage is taking over the game
>>
>>14867630
I´d subscribe for that if they wouldnt content block me for living in the wrong country
>>
>>14866658
It was always boring
>>14866858
Nailed a black chick yet?
>>
>>14867772
They're only content blocking you because they don't have the motorsports rights outside of the US, and acquiring those is cost prohibitive.
>>
File: fXkW8mO.jpg (117KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
fXkW8mO.jpg
117KB, 960x960px
>>14866936

Yeah, about that.. They're not building it themselves. Lucky is. He posts the progress on his instagram account.
>>
>>14866853
I want them to get stubby going.
>>
File: 1443862095001.png (89KB, 353x332px) Image search: [Google]
1443862095001.png
89KB, 353x332px
>>14868077
>mid engine
>mounted backwards
What the hell are they trying to accomplish?
>>
>>14868110
that engine runs the front wheels and the front engine runs the rear
>>
>>14868110

I'd consider that almost rear engined

It's an american 911
>>
>>14868131
>>14868110
Not, there's a boat-style V drive right beneath the bench seat, and from that there's another driveshaft going to the rear differential. It's a homage to Finnegan's boat antics. And stupidity.

Mostly stupidity.
>>
>>14868146
>there's a boat-style V drive right beneath the bench seat
lol, sure dude. try harder next time
>>
>>14866906
are you kidding? series 22 was the best in a few years.
>>
>>14868169

How would a boat V drive even be able to hold up to the stress of hundreds of HP and a heavy truck
>>
File: Capture.jpg (123KB, 954x610px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
123KB, 954x610px
>>14868169
Okay, so maybe a few inches forward of the bench seat.

>>14868250
You do realise boat drivetrain parts are incredibly heavily stressed, right?
>>
>>14868265
lmao holy shit nice shoop bro
>>
>>14868278
It'd be wierd for Finnegan to post a shoop on his own Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCtygDuN27J/
>>
>>14868250
Drag boat drivetrains are tough as nails, think about the insane HP they are putting out
>>
>>14868292
lol nice try im not clicking that, even if i have a mac
>>
>>14866669
this
>>
The oval track race car body swap episode was only 3 months ago and it was one of my favorite episodes so IDK what you're talking about dude.
>>
That boat drive thing seems mad sketchy
>>
File: 1460246850120.jpg (70KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460246850120.jpg
70KB, 540x960px
>>14866669
this sadly seems to be why, they got the motor trend on demand shit now and dont really update youtube often and the content is alot less informative and we get alot less of them working on shit. The hot rod garage show is pretty good so far and i hope it keeps it up. and engine masters is great info for anyone playing with pushrods still.

im still a roadkill fan but i have been disappoint lately for sure.
>>
Literally none of you realize that Finnegan lives ACROSS THE FUCKING COUNTRY.

How fucking spontaneous can you be when one of your cohosts is no longer "that guy down the street you can get beer with," but is now "that web series host we fly in for hilarious commentary XD"
>>
This guy pwned them.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.