[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>""""comfort"""" >sport

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

>""""comfort""""
>sport """"mode"""
>sport """plus"""
>""""""""race""""""" mode

>driving modes in general

>mfw

surely your car doesnt have any of this faggy shit, right anon?
>>
It doesn't.
Also I don't have a car.
>>
My Golf has a "sport" mode. I use it to get ahead of manual drivers at two lane red lights.
>>
>>14863985
FC RX7 GXL had a "normal" and "sport" mode.
It was very effective.
>>
My Tacoma has this weird "ECT POWER" button that basically makes the transmission shift later and it's easier to kick down a gear and all that
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 1137x684px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 1137x684px
>>14863985
>>
File: 1304663153094[1].jpg (208KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
1304663153094[1].jpg
208KB, 945x945px
>>14864007
>>14864006
>>
>>14864029
most trucks have a tow/haul mode that does the same thing
>>
File: 4501822[1].jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
4501822[1].jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>14864029
>>14864031
what the fuck /o/
>>
>>14863985
My S60R had Comfort, Sport, and "Advanced"
Advanced made the transmission shift at higher revs (Autotragic ;_;), made the turbo more "active" and the shocks stiffer through tightening and some other process in the assembly.
Sport made the shocks tighter only, and comfort made the car ride smoother through the suspension and transmission.

Here is a picture of it posted on the local sherrif website of my town!
>>
>>14863994
>I don't have a car
/o/ in a nutshell
>>
My car has park, day, and night modes. It doesn't move in night mode. Also race mode makes it go backwards. I don't like race mode.
>>
>>14864042
This isn't like an overdrive-disabling button or anything, it just changes what the transmission uses as a basis of when to shift. Instead of the revs it goes off the computer

This is early 2000s keep in mind
>>
My car just has traction control on and off.
>>
>MX-5
>Always sport mode
>>
>>14863985
Nope. It has 'traction control/driver assist', which has two settings. 'On' and 'Off'.
Otherwise, it has a clutch and a gearstick. 'Sport' mode is shifting at higher RPM, and 'comfort' mode is slowing down a bit and not giving a fuck because I've got plenty of time.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 562x421px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 562x421px
not only do i have comfort, sport and advanced modes for my suspension, but also a sport mode for the transmission so i can blow past all the slow fags with their manuals.
>>
>>14864098
you clearly never had an R because advanced only affects the suspension and throttle and has nothing to do with the transmission, faggot.
>>
>>14864457
The only mode a Miata has is Autism Mode.
>>
File: DSC03867.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03867.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>14866968
you're just mad you don't have a glorious m66 to gearbang
>>
>>14866982
i had an m66 till the engine blew, and it wasn't in a nice enough condition to save so i parted it out and got the glorious machine
>>
>>14866975
did you drive the auto or manual
>>
>>14866994
You don't miss it?
>>
>>14867001
both
>>
>>14867004
not even remotely, the 6 speed automatic is much more enjoyable, and when i really feel like going manual, tiptronic's right there. also, m66's blow in cold weather and it gets very cold where i am. i like focusing on the power i have instead.
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 278x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 278x236px
>>14864114
>driving your car at night in day mode

Stop driving before you hurt someone senpai
>>
Sport should be used only if the car comes with factory 350+ hp
>>
File: driftmode.png (364KB, 802x451px) Image search: [Google]
driftmode.png
364KB, 802x451px
>>14863985
>not having the best driving mode

why even live anon?
>>
My bike has carburetors and doesn't even have ABS. And it was made in 2001. Bikers are emormous faggots about electronics or computers in their machines.

I am too, kinda. I'd rather not have any of that when I get my car. Kinda looking at some late 70s/early 80s cars for more carb love in my life.
>>
>>14863985
My car has regular, sport and "dynamic" which for all intents and purposes is race mode for track days. Honestly the suspension is so firm in dynamic that I almost never use it. I'm in sport 24/7 unless there's bad weather in which case I have rain/snow mode.

All these options are pretty nice for me since I DD a very impractical two seat low sports car. I keep it in regular/comfort when driving with the girlfriend because she feels like she is going to die in sport or dynamic.
>>
File: DSC_0447.jpg (3MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0447.jpg
3MB, 2592x3872px
>>14868764
Damn man your car sounds Xtreme, be careful out there
>>
>>14863985
>I own a 1994 Corolla and have no understanding of anything modern
>>
> his transmission has one mode
> the mode is slushbox crap
>>
>>14867787
>track use only
Who's gonna know :^)
>>
>>14868853
The car company when they look when the code was thrown and see you were in track mode, so they can deny your warranty
>>
Mine has this faggotry but it's pretty nice doe.

Dynamic mode increases turbo pressure, preloads braking lines and shuts off most of driving assists, including part of the power steering. It has a pretty reactive throttle, snappy braking and heavy steering.

Natural mode is, well, normal. Drives like a regular car.

All Weather mode is for snow/heavy rain and increases traction control a decreases throttle response to avoid sliding.
>>
>>14864098
>>14866968
neck yourselves
>>
>>14863985
I'm a real man and a real American, so I don't need any of that trash
>>
>>14863985
Of course it does anon.
Eco
Normal
Sport
Sport + (which has a manual mode)
Just have to press that handy IDS button
>>
>>14864457
more like slow mode
>>
>Not having comfort mode
>Not having comfort mode plus
>Not having sport mode
>Not having sport mode plus
>Not having track mode
>Not having drift mode
>Not having eco mode
>Not having eco mode plus
>Not having towing mode
>Not having heavy towing mode

plebs
>>
Oddly my BMW has a "sport" button. Maybe on the base models where it adjusts the EPS it makes sense but with my hydraulic steering all it does is remap the throttle to be way too touchy. Only button I touch after starting the car is DCS off
>>
>>14871951

>letting your car cuck you out of its full performance if you pick the wrong mode

top kek
>>
>>14868967
He believe in this pr bullshit .
>>
>>14863985
My 2013 bike doesn't even have an electronic throttle.
It's just me and the bike
And the fuel injection and the ABS
>>
>his car cant go beyond super saiyan
>>
>>14863985
Why would you want one thottle/transmission/steering/suspension mapping for everything? If you have one setting, then you're stuck with it in every condition. e.g. you have your car set up for sporty driving, and now it's bumpy as fuck and uncomfortable in every day driving. e.g. you have your car set up for comfort and now you can't have fun in the canyons or the track.

With newer sports cars, they have different modes so you can tune it on the fly for what you want.

Just driving around town? Pop it in comfort/eco mode to get good mpgs, soft ride, and easy steering.

Driving spiritedly? Put it sport to improve throttle response, steering, tighten the suspension, and shift the transmission more aggressively (if automatic/DCT).

Makes way more sense tbqh ƒam.
>>
>>14868801
Yes it's pretty extreme fag
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.