[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /o/ think of the new 4runner personally i think it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: 4runner2016.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4runner2016.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
what does /o/ think of the new 4runner

personally i think it looks badass but dont know how is preforms offroad
>>
Who at Toyota thought they should ever offer that color as a paint option?
>>
>>14860365

>We want the mall ninja crowd
>>
fucken sweet looking honestly

i work at a toyota dealership and we just got a bunch of these new bad boys. probably wont get a chance to drive one but at least they're pretty
>>
there's a kid in my town that drives one, dark gray with all black wheels and accents

it looks mean as fuck and i'm jealous
>>
>>14860371
The paint looks great IMO
>>
The white ones look like gene summons.

Also they're pavement princesses
>>
>>14860391
same
>>
crosstrek seems bretty cool, comes with a manual too
>>
>>14860365
inb4 le angry ute 2.0
>>
>>14860365
Pigfat, inefficient, mall crawler. Bought mainly by men for their wives to ferry kids to school
>>
>>14860365
it's the color of a hearing aid. and it looks like it's crying.
>>
>>14860664
That can be said for all suvs made after 2000.
>>
>>14860365
mall crawler as fuck
>>
File: WP_20140321_017_zpsc2635b8d.jpg (55KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20140321_017_zpsc2635b8d.jpg
55KB, 800x450px
>>14860365
its a manlet mobile

>be office wageslave for the gubment
>agency is forced to hire a safety engineer for "muh feel gud" libtard policies
>managers hire some 5-foot nothing pencil pusher looking fag
>not long after notice new lifted 4runner on lot
>stealership edition lift kit, wheels/tires, and fully loaded package in order to ensure max monthly payments
>shrug, think it must be some dude-bro student's money pit his rich parents bought him
>one day notice manlet safety engineer 'climb' up into it
>mfw the compensation meme is real

pic related, his set up looks almost exactly like this
>>
File: r79lStQ.jpg (23KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
r79lStQ.jpg
23KB, 400x300px
>>14860778
The manlet pullup/climb into bro trucks is hilarious. In my old Hick town, all the folks with money grew up malnourished and under developed being hill folks and only made their money later in life selling their ranches when property values rocketed. Now they all own tanks they have to get a running start to leap into
>>
>>14860365
Tacoma is slightly cheaper and more practical.
>>
>>14860365
I hate it, tbqh fampai. I hate most autobot-styled cars, though.

>rip in pieces, frontier
>>
No V8 option, so I think it sucks. Oh, and fucking terrible towing capacity.
>>
File: jeep+toyota.jpg (776KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
jeep+toyota.jpg
776KB, 2592x1728px
The 4runner is great off-road. Probably one of the best off-road SUVs for sale in north america. If you are looking to get it for off-roading get the trail package. It has all the fancy controls like the Landcrusier and at around 1/2 the price.
Pic related, wives 2014 Trail Edition.
>>
>>14860373
this
>>
>>14860705
3rd gen 4runners were made from 1996-2002 so ur actually wrong sry m8
>>
>>14860382
>"Toyota" on grille
>TACOMA stamped into tailgate metal
>No fucking yota emblem
Fuck yes.
>>
>>14860365
My dad has one

Its a nice solid car., One of the few SUVs that still drive like a truck. While the V6 is good enough for what it is, It could of used a V8
>>
>>14860382
What job do you have where you don't drive the cars? Even detailers drove the cars around when I worked at Toyota

I like everything about the new Tacos and 4Runners except the grille and the physical dimensions, if 4 doors with the longer bed drop to $15k in 5 years I'll buy one, I wish they made the first gen Taco in quad cab with a real bed but it's one or the other
>>
I off road a nissan pathfinder so my opinion is blurred by that lens

but i think the new 4runner makes a fantastic overland vehicle and an alright wheeler. The problem is the fucking length, its really fucking long, and pretty fucking heavy.
A shorter wheel base is really desirable for moderate to hard wheelin. You will high center the yota a lot sooner than a Rubicon. However if you want a big vehicle for hauling gear and people on backroads or across long distances to get to some cool places these are great. If you expect to keep up with a rubi on some single track you better be a damn good driver.
They are capable just not especially adept at the technical stuff.

Most people will never even nudge the limit of its offroad capability in normal daily use. I think they are a sweet daily for limited offroad use.
Get an xtera or something or older 4runner if you want daily but better offroad ability stock.
If you build it the 4runner can eat jeeos tho.
>>
>>14863008
If you want a real bed AND enough space to take the wife's kids to soccer practice you gotta get the tundra.
>>
File: taco.jpg (1MB, 2563x1968px) Image search: [Google]
taco.jpg
1MB, 2563x1968px
>>14863030
I just need the 6 foot bed and a quad cab so I can put my Flippac on it, my gen only had 5 foot beds on the 4 doors and I don't like the last gen enough to upgrade
>>
Thank you for buying one that does not have 20" rims. Thank you.
>>
FYI, the 4runner is ridiculously overpriced. The commission for selling one is 1k and the margin is 10k.
>>
>>14863003
Get a Sequoia
>>
>>14860365
It looks like a

"rather cheeky fellow"
>>
>>14860365
I like everything about it other than the front end.
>>
>>14860371
It looks like wet mud, so that you can pretend you were mudding in a vehicle that will never have it's 4wd engaged unless there's a inch of snow and you live in the South.
>>
>>14860371

You're a fuckin doofus, that's an awesome colour. The black trim and wheels give it a military look.

>>14860399

lel, that is a commuter car for traversing the occasional gravel road, please don't compare it to a body-on-frame offroad vehicle like the 4Runner you insufferable cuck
>>
>>14863165

Sequoia is expensive as fuq bruh, and it's not nearly as capable off road. Lower clearances, softer suspension, no TRD option, basically meant to compete with the Suburban.
>>
>>14863269

Based Japanese efficiency. North American cucks are still forced to take handfuls of mud and smear them on their American trucks to make it look like they are capable of more than crawling malls and hauling burgers.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.