[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know anything about electric fans? I need to order a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (39KB, 326x243px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 326x243px
Anyone know anything about electric fans?
I need to order a wiring harness for it but not sure which to choose.
http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1982/toyota/corolla/cooling_system/auxiliary_fan_control_unit.html

I just want a switch to control the On/Off on it and not run off a sensor
>>
Come on guys, help me so i can order it today.
Or i can order from a diff source
>>
>>14853563
Why not just wire up a switch with a relay and fuse if you want to be able to control it yourself?
>>
if your incompetent with electronics buy a light bar harness off amazon.
>>
>>14853588
Sorry for the late reply, hellish rushhour commute.

Id try it for sure.
Ill see if i can find a diagram for it.

>>14853600
This works also.

I have minor experience wiring up lights and headunits. Cant be much harder i hope
>>
>>14852622
i just installed this one in my car. works great and the green wire can be used as a manual switch. just need to add the switch and have a live wire to it i believe.

http://www.amazon.com/Mishimoto-MMFAN-CNTL-UPROBE-Black-Adjustable-Controller/dp/B00OBEOT0S?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
>>
jesus fucking christ

cut the sensor out and use the 2 wires that were going to it to a fucking button or switch
>>
>>14855559
Sweet thanks anon ill look into this.
A little pricey but should be what im looking for

>>14855579
Hurrr
>>
What the fuck. I try not to be a dick on here but you just said that you want a manual switch for a 12v circuit and not a temperature switch, and you link us to a few different temperature switches and ask which one to get?

I don't even think you're qualified to read a book that could teach you about DC wiring, let alone just diving into it...
>>
File: timthumb.jpg (7KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
7KB, 300x230px
Get this

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/work-light-accessories/12vdc-3040a-5-pin-universal-relay/1667/3844/?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=base&utm_content=R5-SPDT-1240&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseChild&gclid=CIytufKIkswCFZQbgQodMmULhA

Get some spade connectors and wire and a switch from autozone/pep boys/advance, whatever. Hell, get the relay from them too.

All in all this will cost you like $12 max.

Here is your readout:
The spade connect named 30 gets battery power (with a fuse... you are putting a fuse in, right?)
The spade connect named 86 gets the switch. This can be from a switch in the cabin that you manually do, or a switch that is automated.
The spade connect named 85 is a ground. Ground this, obviously.
The spade connect named 87 is triggered when you turn the switch (spade connect 86) on.
Spade connect named 87a is triggered when you turn the switch (spade connect 86) off.

This is as simple as it gets OP.
>>
>>14852622
>I just want a switch to control the On/Off on it and not run off a sensor
Any particular reason? Mark VIII/Taurus 2-speed fan with Volvo relay and BMW temp switch is a good setup.
>>
>>14855668
Also going to post this OP. This is the wiring diagram for your car, specifically the one that states the wires for your cooling temp relay and associated wiring. Why not just run this, or run a relay from a relay if you are that super redundant?
>>
>>14855579
This is the simple answer.

two long thick wires to a switch will send the same signal as if the sensor closed the contact to trigger the fan. Get a switch that can handle the load, or wire a relay if you like.

Don't overthink it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.