[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I need some help. I have a '99 cavalier that has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1458374286731.png (2MB, 1600x1573px) Image search: [Google]
1458374286731.png
2MB, 1600x1573px
Hey /o/ I need some help. I have a '99 cavalier that has a problem with the cooling fan not turning on.
I changed the thermostat, burped it, changed out the temp sensor and then today I replaced the cooling fan relay and fuse. The only way I can get the fan to kick on is if I have the AC turned on.
From what I can see, I don't see any issues with the wiring. Anybody have their car experience the same problems? Any help would be appreciated.
Pic obviously not related.
>>
>>14841932
pic sauce pls
>>
>>14841932
>cavalier
>>
>>14842144
>>14842305
Thanks, I'll just wait and replace the head gasket.
That'll be way more fun than being proactive.
>>
is it overheating at red lights?

hold the revs at 2.5k for like 10 minutes and see if the fan cycles on.
>>
>>14842349
If I'm parked and hold steady the fans won't come on. I tried this today after replacing the relay, but I got nothing.
>>
>>14842356
*fan
>>
>>14842356
only 1 temp sensor or are there like 3?

a lot of times theres at least 2, one for the temp gauge and a dedicated fan switch somewhere in the coolant system.
>>
>>14842373
I changed the coolant temp sensor last month thinking that was the problem.
Let me check real quick.
>>
>>14841932
>step 1.
>mount fan to cam shaft.
>step 2
chill.
>>
>>14841932
>not hardwiring fan to 12v ignition so it's on when the key is "on"
>>
>>14842456
>mate fan to camshaft
>transverse 4banger
Because that would do so much
>>
Do you have any active codes ?
>>
If you have a big dick scanner available:

1. With the scanner on the vehicle, watch the coolant temperature sensor reading again see if the fan comes on between 223-230 degrees

2. Verify that the scanner CTS reading matches what actual engine temperature is

3. If temperature is correct but the fan does not come on by 230 degrees, then there is an internal problem in the PCM
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.