[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best hardtop convertible (you press a button

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: slk230_1.jpg (75KB, 736x492px) Image search: [Google]
slk230_1.jpg
75KB, 736x492px
What's the best hardtop convertible (you press a button to slide up and down the top) under 10000€?

Still can't find anything that beats the SLK230K.

The Miata: Looks too small and has this "GoKart" type of vibe. It's just too tiny for me to plus it's not powerful enough.

The rest of the options are too expensive.

Someone suggested other options like VW Eos but those look damn boring.

A good candidate was the Chrysler Crossfire but I don't like the aesthetics.

Overall the 230K seems like the best balance.

1) It looks serious when you have the top on, yet not too serious. With a simple rim change and AMG pack it can look agressive and not like a retired man's car.

2) Good size. Not too big, and not too small to the point it looks like a toy (Miata). The interior feels luxurious and spacious, on the Miata it feels more like a racing car.

3) You can use it pretty often and you will not go bankrupt with the fuel consumption. The motor on this car is famous for being solid.

4) The Kompressor delivers a good kick and it's fun to accelerate (I have driven both the SLK230 and the Miata and you just can't get this from the Miata:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb6FrkWu9Zg

So unless you can give me some better options for 10K€ or less, im buying one.
>>
>>14840884
Mazdaspeed miata plus an aftermarket hardtop.
>>
>>14840884
just buy the damn car and stop making these threads. weve already concluded you have a phobia of soft tops and are too poor to get any hardtop vert besides this.
>>
>>14841105
Who the fuck wants a soft top?
>>
>>14841231
probably people who have better taste than to buy an old and slow mercedes bud
>>
>>14840904
>Mazdaspeed miata
Tiny and slow.
>>
File: slk230amg2.jpg (290KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
slk230amg2.jpg
290KB, 1024x768px
>>14841240
Soft tops fucking suck. Stop coping.
An SLK230K smokes your gay hairdresser car.
>>
>>14841252
kek my car would rape your merc sideways.

and soft tops are fine retard. have you ever driven one that wasnt old as fuck pr a shitty marque? with a glass rear window with defrost and headliner they are just like a hardtop with slighly more cabin noise and interesting noise when it rains with the benefit of actually having a usuable trunk and a roof that goes up or down in seconds instead of fractions of a minute.

now go buy your womans mercedes and stop posting this shit every day you poverty striken yuropoor.
>>
>>14841302
I have driven a SLK230K and it felt solid, it felt big inside, very luxurious

The miata felt like a gokart-toy

The S2000 felt like plastic

The car looks better than its competitor with minor changes. Saying it looks like a woman's car on that pic above is just coping like the pope.

I don't fucking understand why anyone would hate on this thing.
>>
>>14841302
>yuropoor
i knew it

only murricans on that gay soft top time
>>
>>14841332
enjoy your hairdressers car buddy and please stop making this thread every god damed day
>>
you made this thread 3 times already

Now, i will counter your stupid list of pros for your dumb car

1. Subjective - It looks like shit, and driving an old mercedes IS a retired man's car

2. It's about the same size as Z3/Z4's and miatas. It has the smallest trunk out of the 3 because of the top.

3. It may be solid but parts are expensive, and are you seriously comparing Mercedes solid with MAZDA solid?

4. The compressor is very expensive to fix, and i'm sure its about as fast as all the other roadsters because of how pigfat heavy it is. I'm sure it also handles worse.

get pic related and fuck off already
>>
>>14840884
why do you keep asking about this goddamn car? do you still need validation from us to buy it?

fwiw I think it looks dated and equally gay as a Miata. For 10000€ you can buy a NC PRHT and tune it to more power than the SLK230K and it's lighter too. The SLK roof takes up half the trunk when it's folded down because it's shit. The Miata's roof doesn't.

the buy the SLK already and enjoy your shit car
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1280x580px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x580px
Daihatsu Copen mane
>>
>>14841468

Not OP but I knew 2 people with SLK 200Ks
>1. Subjective - It looks like shit, and driving an old mercedes IS a retired man's car
Subjective indeed
>2. It's about the same size as Z3/Z4's and miatas. It has the smallest trunk out of the 3 because of the top.
Miata isn't even in the same class. Also, the hardtop foldable roof is what makes the SLK unique.
The Z3 is a good option if you don't need a foldable hardtop.
>3. It may be solid but parts are expensive, and are you seriously comparing Mercedes solid with MAZDA solid?
Expensive parts? Not in EU. Not to mention the same engine of the SLK200 was used in the C-class in the C200 so they are quite abundant.

>4. The compressor is very expensive to fix, and i'm sure its about as fast as all the other roadsters because of how pigfat heavy it is. I'm sure it also handles worse.
The compressor can also be tuned with simple pulley mod and it will give the car 20hp from the pulley alone.
Also, if it breaks you can install a turbo in it's place.

On the miata vs SLK. The SLK will beat the miata on the straights. It has way more torque, more power and from stock wider tyres.

Also, no one mention the Porsche Boxter 2.5. They are in the same price range.
Also, if S2000 are in the price range as well. Take that over everything else. S2Ks beat the shit out of every car mention here. Not to mention the fact it's becoming a collector car.
>>
>>14841520
the z3 has no hardtop convertible and softops suck

the extra weight is no problem if you want a car that feels expensive inside and it's not a cardboard box that will go to shit in case of crash

still no competition to be seen ITT
>>
>>14841999
Nice trips. I feel like the people posting here have never actually sat inside a 2XXSLK.
These things feel very different to the "fun to drive" light cars, which feel like a mix of a race-car and toyish.
The SLK feels like you can't believe there is that much space inside, it feels great to sit on there.
The Miata felt pretty bad, not as bad as the Elise, but sort of the same vibe.
Sure, you miss the light feeling when driving, but it's a tradeoff to sit on a car that feels expensive inside, and you also get a car with a pretty agressive acceleration (the SLK230 actually beats the SLK320 in accel)
>>
>>14842133
>The Miata felt pretty bad, not as bad as the Elise, but sort of the same vibe.

Ok grandpa
>>
>>14842038
>a hardtop convertible will protect you in a crash
lol no. get a vert with rear hoops/rollbars. That roof that folds away and is held on by two latches isn't going to do jack shit.
>>
>>14842038
>it's not a cardboard box that will go to shit in case of crash
So you're never going to drive with the roof down?
>still no competition to be seen ITT
Please, just piss off.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.