[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While it won't be for a couple years, the E46 and E92 are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 5226371869_b7648c8735_o[1].jpg (324KB, 1280x866px) Image search: [Google]
5226371869_b7648c8735_o[1].jpg
324KB, 1280x866px
While it won't be for a couple years, the E46 and E92 are on the list of cars I'd consider as my next. I've always been under the impression the E92 has been numb as fuck to drive compared to the E46, can anybody attest to this?

The E92 has a better interior, obviously is faster and it's possible to find them not beat to shit, my concern with it however is reliability and just being numb to drive considering fun is one of my top priorities (as is reliability and comfy-ness of the interior). The E92 is also douchebag as fuck even by BMW standards
>>
Also would buy manual for either FWIW.
>>
i have a 2011 335i and it's really nice doesn't have a lot of space though, but I hardly haul around more than 3 people. It's fast and great on the twisties, I take it road tripping all the time and the interior is pretty comfortable. However my e30 feels much more raw although being much slower.
>>
>>14833460
While the E30 isn't an E46, I have to ask; if you could only keep one which would it be?
>>
After doing a little research, reliability seems at least passable so I guess now it's down to anecdotes and subjectivity.
>>
>>14833477
My e30 just because I like the vintage styling and feel.
>>
>>14833435
Do you want the last good 3-series or do you want a 3-series that doesn't have a dipstick, is bigger and heavier but also more powerful?
>>
>>14833843
I don't necessarily mind bigger, I do mind paying a shitton to keep it running and feeling numb
>>
>>14833435
>>14833885
Why do you keep saying the E92 feels "numb" like it's a meme or something? Have you even test driven one yet? Go find one with the Comp. pack, put the EDC in full firmness and hit the power button too. Let me know if it feels numb to drive.
>>
>>14833843
What do you mean no dipstick? Like for oil? Even MB A-class has oil dipsticks ffs
>>
File: IMG_0144.jpg (949KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0144.jpg
949KB, 1200x800px
I dd a e92 6mt 335is. I've driven a friend's E30 and another friends e90 m3. I still don't understand where the numb meme comes from. I can see it when comparing to base f3x models due to the steering system change but at this point it's mostly just feeling like arbitrary butthurt from people who have never driven anything but some shitty econobox. My car puts a smile on my face literally every single time I drive it.

>The E92 is also douchebag as fuck even by BMW standards
Alright so why do you even want one? You sound like you've already made up your mind.
>>
>>14833435
2011 325i (e93)

It's like sex with a condom on. It's enjoyable but there's something missing.
>>
>>14834251
Just what I read, I may be confusing it with the F32 though. I remember it was either the E46 or E92 (and 90/91/93 obviously) that was the last not-shit BMW and after some research that points to the E92.
>Alright so why do you even want one? You sound like you've already made up your mind.
Was just mentioning in passing, I don't let stereotypes or driver-bases turn me off and despite my pessimism I'm really interested in the car but there's no use in me going OMG EVERYTHING IS GREAT QUALITY THREAD BYE. Also by "numb" I mean just not very engaging to drive, limited driver feel, computer-controlled and so on.

What am I looking at reliability/maintenance-wise anyway? I'm not expecting generic Japanese econobox reliability but still.
>>
>>14834581
Also after looking into it a bit more, it seems like I'd do best going for an N52 engine
>>
>>14834293
Literally no dipstick. You have to go through the OBC, on the tiny screen between the gauges, into a couple of sub menus, to find a shitty progress bar thingy.
>>
>>14834406
something missing? like missing power and an lsd? should've gotten a coupe not cabrio
>>
>>14835362
>being poor without idrive
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
158KB, 1920x1080px
>>14835412
forgot pic
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.