[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We're all familiar with the Breathalyzer, the brand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

File: Text.png (418KB, 720x824px) Image search: [Google]
Text.png
418KB, 720x824px
>We're all familiar with the Breathalyzer, the brand name for a roadside device that measures a suspected drunken driver's blood-alcohol level. It has been in use for decades. Now there's a so-called "textalyzer" device to help the authorities determine whether someone involved in a motor vehicle accident was unlawfully driving while distracted.
>The roadside technology is being developed by Cellebrite, the Israeli firm that many believe assisted the Federal Bureau of Investigation in cracking the iPhone at the center of a heated decryption battle with Apple.
>Under the first-of-its-kind legislation proposed in New York, drivers involved in accidents would have to submit their phone to roadside testing from a textalyzer to determine whether the driver was using a mobile phone ahead of a crash. In a bid to get around the Fourth Amendment right to privacy, the textalyzer allegedly would keep conversations, contacts, numbers, photos, and application data private. It will solely say whether the phone was in use prior to a motor-vehicle mishap. Further analysis, which might require a warrant, could be necessary to determine whether such usage was via hands-free dashboard technology and to confirm the original finding.
>The legislation was prompted by intense lobbying from the group Distracted Operators Risk Casualties (DORCs). The son of its co-founder, Ben Lieberman, was killed in 2011 by a distracted driver in New York. The proposed law has been dubbed "Evan's Law" in memory of 19-year-old Evan Lieberman.

About freaking time. I constantly see idiots on their cell phones while driving on the highway. Often times, they're in the passing lane going way below the speed limit and bouncing between the lane like a game of pong.
>>
>cops search phone
>you have an unapproved app (police recorder, clover, etc)
>go directly to jail

You know it will happen eventually
>>
>>14830916

> phone posters arrested

I'm okay with this
>>
Fuck off, stop taking my freedom away because of "muh chilluns" I don't fucking text and drive and I hate people that do but don't invade my fucking privacy you liberal cucks god damn
>>
>>14830934

It's not an invasion of privacy, doofus
>>
File: 1454658092425.jpg (43KB, 543x481px) Image search: [Google]
1454658092425.jpg
43KB, 543x481px
>Israeli firm
Every time
>>
>>14830906
Now let me tell you how this will work in the real world:
Smash phone against road
"It happened in the accident"
Cops eat a fat dick
You get new phone through some form of insurance
>>
>>14830957
Yeah it is you fucking cunt, they can lie all they want about how its keeping your data private but you know that it isn't impossible for them to get to it.
>>
>>14830964

> In a bid to get around the Fourth Amendment right to privacy, the textalyzer allegedly would keep conversations, contacts, numbers, photos, and application data private.

Learn to read, retard
>>
Cars just need to be built with scramblers so you cant use your phone while driving at all.
>>
>>14830970
And you're stupid enough to trust it?

>>14831039
>Hello police!
>There's a guy driving behind me shooting at my car, i need help
>Hello?
>Help!
>>
>>14831099

>try to use tainted evidence against you
>case dismissed
>guaranteed settlement from the police force

Wew
>>
>>14830964

you think they don't have your data backed up already?
>>
>Have second phone on you
>put mini safe in glovebox
>put real phone in safe or your ass
>collect insurance
>>
>>14831039

Says the beta who's never had a single person in his car
>>
>>14830906
>Israeli firm
Pure coincidence!
>>
>>14830916
>developed by Cellebrite, the Israeli firm
shut it down
>>
>>14830970
I smell bullshit
>>
>>14831115
You've clearly never dealt with the legal system in this country.

Prosecutors and cops are just as dirty as the people they're prosecuting
>>
>have phone as part of hands-free kit
>in a phone call when crash happens
>phone dislodged from cradle during said accident
>police check my phone
>phone flags as in-use during crash
>try to claim I was using a hands-free kit
>burden of proof lies with me to prove this
>unable to prove it without video evidence
>unfortunately my dashcam was pointed at the road, not at my hands-free kit and myself
>>
>>14830906
Does this include music? What if I get a text and I have something autoreply? What constitutes using my phone and what's it just automatically doing?
What if my passenger is replying to a text for me?
>>
>>14831329
What if you have those ICE systems that allow for hands-free use of your phone, and you use voice-input commands to reply to a text message that the car read out to you?
>>
>>14830906
What if you have your phone on speaker?
>>
>>14831329
All those things are easily distinguishable. Don't be obtuse.
>>
Police aren't allowed to just force a breathalyzer test unless they have probable cause.

Probable cause in this case would be the officer saying "he looked, smelled and/or was acting drunk".

The accused does not have to perform the breathalyzer test. A driver can be taken into custody until a warrant is produced, at which point the driver is obligated to submit to a test.

The same shit will apply to phones. But the worst part about this is that most people will readily submit to a phone-check even if there is no reason for the police to require one because it's a seems mundane request, which will further embolden police to abuse their powers.
>>
>>14831369
>Police aren't allowed to just force a breathalyzer test unless they have probable cause.

I'm not American, so my opinion is less relevant, and I'm interested in yours:

Don't you think that's nuts? Surely it contributes to the amount of people who chance driving home drunk
>>
>>14831383
No I don't. Police often force people to do shit because they experienced crappy childhoods or are impotent men with only their badge giving them any meaningful reason to exist. There should be laws that protect us from the police, who are just as fallibly human as the rest of us.
>>
It's time for a ban on high powered assault cell phones. Every day, 6 MILLION children die due to assault cell phone use. This is a real problem in our society. My friend Dr. Greenstein and I have developed an app that collects the user's data to let the authorities know whether they are a threat.
>>
>>14830906
Jews at it again
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>14831039
>What about passengers?
>What about legal hands free systems?
>>
>>14831294
>>14831301
>>14831443
>>14830958

Fuck off back to your containment board >>>/pol/
>>
>>14831458
Someone is in denial
>>
>>14830923
How else will I post while on the loo?
>>
>>14830906
>have iPhone
>not be NEET and have iPhone having friends
>messages are sent through apples encrypted iMessages using data and not text message
>win
Fucking NEET android users

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>14831467

And an Israeli firm and/or Jew made some of the software, cars, banking system, etc you use. Ooga-booga.
>>
File: 17329387.jpg (56KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
17329387.jpg
56KB, 500x375px
>New York
Every time
>>
>>14831383
I'm canadian and I've been told the field unit isn't always accurate and throws bad readings sometimes but the one at their shop is accurate. I think if you've only had a beer and don't want to risk it it would make sense to do it at their shop.
>>
>>14831475

> iPhone

Did you literally miss the part where the feds broke right through the iPhone's encryption?
>>
>>14831483
>break through one phone using valuable time and resource that makes headline news
>implying they even did it since they didn't prove it
>implying it will be used for a minor traffic ticket
>implying you aren't an ugly NEET
>>
>>14831475
>timestamps of messages aren't encrypted
>message sent one minute before you caused a wreck that kills 2 people while dangling your charm from your half-eaten fruit phone
>jury convicts you of vehicular manslaughter
>>
File: 1433863337707.jpg (149KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1433863337707.jpg
149KB, 530x600px
>your right to privacy isn't violated if only the police sniff through your life
>this is what Americans actually think
>>
>>14831369

The penalty for refusal is horrible though, so there's that. Try it sometime.
>>
>>14830906

See that fucking LAPTOP computer?

Cops are allowed to use those while driving.

There was a California case where one hit a cyclist while typing on his car PC. No charges, law had exemptions for official use.
>>
>>14830906
Good. Impound the phone, too.

>>14830934
MUH FREEDUM TO KILL PEOPLE THROUGH MUH INATTENTION NAD MUH STUPIDITY AND MUH BAD AIM
>>
File: 1428985012001.jpg (63KB, 443x473px) Image search: [Google]
1428985012001.jpg
63KB, 443x473px
>>14831644
>We want to search you. Either you agree voluntarily or your refusal is probable cause to do it anyway.
LAND OF THE FREE
>>
>>14830906
>Cellebrite, the Israeli firm
>the textalyzer allegedly would keep conversations, contacts, numbers, photos, and application data private
>allegedly
hmm
>>
>>14831657
You know what's awful is that not only are those Toughbooks a pain in the ass to use while driving, but their screens are harder to read than a cell phone in certain light.

luckily jew york is not the only state in the union, nor do any of the other states give a fuck.

brb buying cabin laptop mount
>>
>MUH FREEDUMBS
>>
>>14831363
I'm just saying. As it is right now, there isn't a way to really know what's the cutoffs. I'm just seeing things that happen all the time. My uncle uses voice commands to reply to texts. I've replied to people for my mom when she was driving. Its her phone and if she got into an accident, as it stands, her phone was in use during the crash, so she'd get in trouble

>>14831350
Yeah exactly, this is something that people do. My dad has his Bluetooth in and his hands are on the wheel pretty much 99% of the time. He has hand indents on where his hands rest. But if he got into an accident, he'd be fucked because he might be in a call.
>>
>>14830906
What about talking on speaker? I do this a lot when I'm getting close to pick someone up or meet up.

I also pull over and BS with people on the phone if I know it's going to be a longer conversation. What if I get in an accident shortly after this?

How do they pinpoint the exact time of the accident in relation to you phonecalls?
>>
>>14830934
Yep, any other answer is wrong answer.
>>
>>14831329
> Distracted by phone
> Hit someone
I'd say yes, since the phone is the distraction.
>>
File: f69.png (295KB, 479x376px) Image search: [Google]
f69.png
295KB, 479x376px
>>14831475
>hes too stupid to figure out how to operate an android so he gets the babby-tier iPhone
>>
>>14831824
>not jail breaking your iPhone
>implying rooting your shitty poor person device gets to the potential a JB iPhone does
>being poor
>>
>>14831845
Wat. Rooting gives you absolute and full fucking control of your OS, and only a retard would willingly buy a locked bootloader phone if that's what you're getting at.
>>
File: 1330665455559.jpg (63KB, 510x644px) Image search: [Google]
1330665455559.jpg
63KB, 510x644px
>>14831824
enjoy your stage fright, no updates and malware inside the google play store
>>
I text/surf web and drive ~80% of the time while driving but I have elite top tier driving skills
>>
>someone runs over kike
>kikes chimp out
/pol/ is always right
>>
About goddamn time. I have been a passenger with texting drivers, never fucking again.
>>
File: 1428965386120.gif (3MB, 250x308px) Image search: [Google]
1428965386120.gif
3MB, 250x308px
>>14831413
Honestly, would be fine if we banned cell phone use.

I remember living without cell phones and apart from being able to play Tetris everywhere (just carry a gameboy, I guess) and proving people wrong on the fly (wiki and IMDB access), being incommunicado is actually kinda nice and I miss it.

Of course it's nice for when you break down on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere or get lost, but it was always nice to be able to just not talk to people.
>>
File: car under bigrig.jpg (104KB, 966x722px) Image search: [Google]
car under bigrig.jpg
104KB, 966x722px
>>14830934
>MUH RAITS!
>>
File: ooNJHbO.png (92KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ooNJHbO.png
92KB, 300x300px
>>14831479
Exactly, that's why we are all getting fucked.
>>
>>14830906
>The legislation was prompted by intense lobbying from the group Distracted Operators Risk Casualties (DORCs).

he he he
>>
>>14831479
You don't have to remind me that filthy kikes are responsible for the banking system that jews food off of the honest hard working white mans table through usury and deception
>>
>>14831875
This

All my friends are retarded and they can't do both.
>>
>>14832039

Did he died?
>>
>>14832362
Judging by the blood on the trailer handle and tallights, probably.
>>
>>14830959
fucking kek
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.