[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings, viewers. Eric the Car Guy here, back again with another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Eric the Car Guy.jpg (201KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
Eric the Car Guy.jpg
201KB, 750x709px
Greetings, viewers. Eric the Car Guy here, back again with another episode of Fixing it Forward with the 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R. This hopefully will be the last episode with this Nissan as you're reading this in my voice.
>>
>>14821760
>stay dirty
What did he mean by this?
>>
I've learned a couple things from this guy
>>
>>14821793

Sadly he turned more and more into Eric the Hack Guy as he got more into the sponsored shit.

His channel has gonne to shit. Can't take any criticism and goes full autistic on the people that comment even when and especially when hes called for doing something wrong.

I used to like the guy, but apparently he has turned into a massive douchebag these last years. Or, he was a douchebag from the start (I gotta confess he had some vibes) but being on a lower hand/position made him more humble. Now that things are going food for him, he starts to show his true colours.
>>
>>14821817
He gets weirdly arrogant at times.
>>
>>14821817
He replaced the control arm with the welded ball joint due to the internet's complaints.
>>
>>14821817
I hear ya'
honestly I haven't watched any of his videos in a long time
one that stuck out to me though was things to look for when buying a used car
it was a pretty honest and thorough video (couple of videos?)
also some of the mechanical videos a while ago like brake jobs and things that I didn't know about when I didn't work on my own car
>>
>>14821817
How is he a hack when he still puts out 40 min vids every week on how to fix shit. It's anoying that he has to say carpartkings everytime he names a part but wtf are you backyard mechanics expecting?
>>
>>14821779
When you wrench, you get dirty. Get dirty = work
>>
>>14821817

He's fine. What is it about people that make them so hypercritical?
>>
>>14821779
He wishes for our shitboxes to continue being money pits that cause us poor hygiene and suffering, while simultaneously calling us stupid/slow by saying we can't fix anything otherwise it wouldn't be breaking down so much/still be broken.
>>
He lost me after he posted that video telling people its better to put tires with better traction in the front.

Huge flame war started, people kept telling him that;s wrong. He never amended that video, or said anything else.

his advice is gonna get someone hurt.
>>
>>14821817
Shut up dude ETC is based
>>
EtCG is just a normal dude that a ton of people scrutinize. I'm sure it gets annoying when you tape wrap a cracked air intake (who hasn't done that??) and the thousand nations of youtube descend upon you for your blasphemy.
>>
>>14821817
Eer, no, he's not the very best mechanic out there and sometimes he goes into "hack mode", but he have been doing that since forever, he's not like Scotty but he admits he have his moments (for example everytime he tries to weld, or the infamous "if your timing belt breaks, just change it and see if still have compression or your cylinders are fucked".

If you want an example look for a series of videos about an engine swap on a dodge ram, I think. He manages to get hold on a brand new junkyard engine, the engien was spotless, with all the cable, connectors and even an ECU. Then he notices he's missing some gasket on the transmission, anyone would just go and order the gasket but no, he goes "fuck it" and seals it with atf and hopes for the seal to hold.

I don't think he's very douche, he's a deadbeat who landed on the trade by last chance after losing his job managing a renting unit(there's a podcast where he tells his story), he knows his shit because he have been working on it for years, and he's very good filming these videos.
>>
>>14821817
He's head and shoulders above Scotty.
>>
>>14826055
>atf and hopes for the seal to hold

I mean RTV, my brain farted
>>
>>14826026

Did that really bug people that much? I can kinda understand why people got asshurt over the weld job on the lower ball joint (which he replaced the entire control arm anyway), but 5 layers of electrical tape over a small gash in a piece of rubber that carries low pressure air?
>>
Guys, he's ASE re-certified
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du1KUSxV57Y
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.