[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always loved the way the Subaru Legacy looked, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14

File: 231453673.jpg (112KB, 1040x585px) Image search: [Google]
231453673.jpg
112KB, 1040x585px
I've always loved the way the Subaru Legacy looked, but they are kind of a rare sight here where i'm from.
I wanted to know whats your opinion on a 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.0 4wd with 150k miles. Its a 2.0, its a little slow, but i dont really care, since i can get it for really cheap and i just wanted it to be my daily beater, i just want to know what to expect from that 2.0 boxer engine with 150k miles.
Is it expensive to run? any known problems?
convince not to buy it, im tempted
>>
File: IMG_3066 (1).jpg (115KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3066 (1).jpg
115KB, 1000x667px
>>14819367
Here's a bump for you OP. I am trying to get one or an Outback Sport.
>>
>>14819367
why not get the 2.5? or even one with a turbo?
>>
>>14819367
Do the timing belt, watch the coolant, and it will drive til is wheels roll off
>>
Go ahead and get the head gaskets out of the way as well if you're gonna do the timing belt to get everything big out of the way at once
>>
>>14819367
I thought they only came in 2.5? I live in Canada tho so engine sizes may vary. Try to find an xt or gt model because those are really fast.
>>
>>14819581
Same engine, outback sits higher
>>
>>14819367
I have the USDM Legacy wagon with the 2.5 non-turbo and it's horrendously slow. I literally have trouble merging on the highway sometimes. I can't even image it with an n/a 2.0. And yes it's a 5mt.
>>
>>14819487
because im an yuropoor and fuel is expensive here

and im not saying that i wouldnt rather the 2.5 or even a 3.0, but this one in particular looks like a really good deal, clean af and its also very well equiped.

would u buy the 2.0 with that kind of miles if it looked like a good deal?
>>
>>14819928

same here, i have an 08 2.5i 5MT with only 38K original mileage and i fucking hate it. it's noisy, uncomfortable, slow and gutless beyond 80mph, and get shit mpg (22 mpg average).
>>
>>14821396
Legacy sedan? Sell it to me if you hate it that much
>>
File: image.jpg (757KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
757KB, 1024x768px
Here's my 05 OBXT. 5mt. 2.5 w/vf40 turbo (stock). I've got a few mods but even when I first got it stock, it pulled pretty hard. 123k on the clock and 0 major issues. Changed a valve cover gasket and rack and pinion as well as both front lower control arms, but again nothing major other than wear and tear stuff. I get thumbs up from enthusiasts all the time (people who actually know what's under the hood), and scoffs and pointing laughs from dumbasses that don't know shit about cars until I flex a little bit it sounds awesome, looks pretty good and you really can't beat 250hp stock as a starting point. Downfalls? Suspension sucks, general maintenance (tune up) is pain in the ass but do-able in your driveway if you've got the motivation and patience. Before this I owned a stage 3 Audi TT; still love this thing more. The 2.5i's aren't worth your time but I'm telling you, there are very few cars out there with the sleeper value this thing has to offer.
>>
File: OutbackKeyBridge.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
OutbackKeyBridge.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>14821927
>>14819367
Hi friend. Its the guy with that blue outback.

So my car has about 165k on it now. Bought it last summer with 140ish or something.

Basically havent had many issues. Bought it with a leaky oil cooler (an o-ring) gasket for 5k even. Fixed that and had no issues.

I reccently blew up my transmission doing break boosts. Mines an auto, I really like the 5eat, its a great auto trans when you are not being an idiot like me. I scored another one for $300. Really all I needed to do was get a new center diff but the trans was so cheap and I have a lift in my garage so I just did it myself. Car was out of service for probably 4 days. If I were to do it again it would probably take 2.

The engine is interesting. It seems to have no issues despite some sort of leak from somewhere near the power steering pump. It drips down and gets a lot of stuff wet. I cant tell if the engine is leaking oil somewhere or if its the power steering. Doesnt seem to be burning oil.

Car is plenty fast for what it is stock. I ended up with some mods tho. Upgraded intercooler, downpipe, intake, and some ghetto exhuast mods. I went for tuning it with a tactrix cable which is fun.

I really like the interior of this car, its comfy and seems pretty nice. The outside of the car is okay, I really dont like the blue and gray pain tho. thinking of dipping it black or something.

The suspension kinda is sucks stock. Like for casual off road and driving around its okay. Its not necessarily sloppy but compared to my acura sedan is pretty lame. Lots of people upgrade the swaybars and are happy, ive heard the struts, swaybars, and LCA bushings make the thing really nice tho.

Id be happy to talk to you guys more if you want. Ill watch this thread but im also in the /o/ telegram chat here: https://telegram.me/watracing
>>
>>14822284
Lol forgot to mention I replaced my oil cooler gasket too. Also, I've got the same issue with leaking power steering fluid, crazy. Not that I need to refill it often or at all but I can def see wetness down there and it's def psf. I replaced my rack and pinion as I said but I'll be damned, it's probably just the psp in these things that goes bad. Found some inverted STI bilstein shocks on eBay, lightly used for 4-something. That'll probably be my next mod...
>>
>>14822399
Huh imagine that. I think it's the o ring for the feed. I occasionally fill the powersteering back up but it's seldom. Idk.

The other ghost I have is a weird clicking when cold ever since I replaced the Trans. It only does it under load at lower rpm. It eventually goes away. No other side effects it seems. Almost sounds rattle ish or like an exhaust leak.

Ive been thinking about replacing/upgrading my lca bushings.
>>
>>14822524
I've got a transmission rattle after it warms up but it's def the throwout bearing starting to go and only when I downshift into 3rd or 2nd and coast. I'll replace that and the cv axels when I drop the tranny for a clutch job.
>>
>>14819367
Get a 2.5GT or 3.0R Legacy/Liberty or a XT Outback
>>
>>14822524
Does yours eat oil at all? I literally have no leaks but for some reason loose like half a quart every thousand miles. I use Royal Purple and go to Express Lube where I get free top offs between changes and one of the techs there with an 07 STI said she had the same problem and had to switch to Mobil 1. Any theories?
>>
>>14819367
be prepared to get called a lesbian all the time
>>
File: DSC_0427smaller.jpg (370KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0427smaller.jpg
370KB, 1000x665px
I got a 3.0R last week, in that time i've found it to be just powerful enough (243HP stock?) for me so I dunno how the 2.0R goes.

My mate got a 2.0R wagon a couple months ago too and he hasn't had any complaints about it.

I obviously haven't had it long enough to give an opinion on running costs but going through its servicing history and other people in this thread it doesn't seem too outrageous. I've heard Liberty/Legacy's run forever if you treat them well enough though.

I reckon give it a test drive and if it makes you happy you should get it.
>>
>>14822784
Nice car man. Wew, that's super clean. Kinda jelly...I'm >>14821927
Btw
>>
File: DSC_0443smallerR.jpg (248KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0443smallerR.jpg
248KB, 1000x665px
>>14822833
Cheers, $10k 2007 3.0R Premium spec with only 100k km on the clock.

Wouldn't have minded an Outback but couldn't find any XT's here, and the only Liberty 2.5GT here had twice as many km's driven and costed $7k more than what I got mine for.
>>
File: image.jpg (532KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
532KB, 1536x2048px
>>14823020
Yeah that thing def looks classy. Def glad I got lucky with the Limited package black leather interior too, contrasts well with the white I think. Gotta love the cockpit of these things. Kinda stiff, still comfy though..
>>
File: DSC_0452.webm (862KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0452.webm
862KB, 960x540px
>>14823148
Yeah leather looks nice, thankfully summer is over here so I won't have to endure the hot leather.

Yeah the interior is really nice, my last car was 10+ years older so it had the bare essentials so coming to this is really fancy for me.

Wish the centre console had standard AUX support straight out the box. There's the button but you gotta get the plug installed by either Subaru or some third party place. Also wish it had USB or bluetooth compatibility as well. They're probably my only gripes about the car so far.
>>
>>14822735
Id loose about a quart every 5-6k (Which is when I change it anyway) Ive been using rotella t6 which is 5w-40. Id recommend it desu. Ive noticed less consumption since then.... we will see with the coming change in weather.
>>
File: SubaruRadio.jpg (135KB, 798x1280px) Image search: [Google]
SubaruRadio.jpg
135KB, 798x1280px
>>14823207
Fear not friend. If you have a 2005 like me you didnt have aux or anything like that. You can get the radio out of a 2008 and swap it in. Looks great and is basically plug in play, you just need to modify 3 wires for the small black plug on the back. I connected a bluetooth receiver directly to my aux input so I can connect the in dash tablet or my phone to it. Which works very well.

If your felling even more fancy you can get this to go along with it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/141506758852?ul_noapp=true

this adds essentially native bluetooth functionality to the radio, you can use the arrow keys to skip thru songs and to play and pause. It also show information on the screen. Ill probably get this at some point.

I am >>14822284
>>
>>14824993
They also sell a gizmo that feeds into the CD audio with an rca to aux. You have to open the cd player up, but it works.

I did this. Easy to fuck up, but fairly seamless.
>>
File: IMG_20160313_193117.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160313_193117.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>14819928
>>14821396
Either something is wrong with yours or you're shit drivers, I have none of those problems with mine. Just a piddly little 5mt 165hp 2.5 here too. Has enough top end power to pass dawdling idiots on the highway all day long. Stock as a rock minus very slightly higher compression from having the heads milled when I did the headgaskets.

>>14819367
Do it OP, I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything. You can always swap it later which isn't too hard since Subarus are like legos. You'll get cheaper insurance on a swapped one anyway than one that was turbo'd from the factory.
>>
File: Grammostola actaeon.jpg (1MB, 1632x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Grammostola actaeon.jpg
1MB, 1632x1059px
>>14819367
Greetings OP, this is my manual 2009 2.5i. I cannot imagine this car being any slower than it is. If you're going to get a 2.0 I'll give you my condolences now as you're probably going to kill yourself. The suspension is floppy and the chassis is only slightly stiffer than gelatin. Get a rear sway bar at the very least.
>>
File: legacy.png (1MB, 931x693px) Image search: [Google]
legacy.png
1MB, 931x693px
OP here, i got the price down to 3.5k EUR wich is just under 4k USD
should i do it?

>pic related now
>>
>>14825513
If you're after something cheap that will be useful and hold a lot of stuff that won't all that powerful but at least it looks fantastic and is pretty reliable if you look after it

go for it

WAGON
A
G
O
N
>>
>>14822284
that blue and gray is so cute pls dont change it
>>
>>14825432
this times a million. 2.5i manual here, any slower and it would be dangerous. Have driven a 2.0, avoid.
>>
>>14821927
Fucking Christ anon, that cannon in the back.

Still, nice car though. Looking to pick one up in the near future.
>>
File: 1455863525953.jpg (303KB, 960x711px) Image search: [Google]
1455863525953.jpg
303KB, 960x711px
>>14831631
but m8 140 hp here in yurope isn't that bad, my car has 140hp too.. Is it slower than any normal diesel car?
>>
>>14828098
y-y-you really think so anon? <3
>>
>>14832228
It's still a big car. I couldn't imagine having even less power than I already do, I have to floor it just to keep up with normal traffic sometimes. At least a diesel would have some torque. It's still fun in the corners regardless of it's boat status though, but with a 2.0 you'd be left so far behind on the straights that anyone would be gone anyway.
>>
>>14819487
>>14820588
Check the radiator cap when checking the car out, if there's goo, avoid. If not, get it serviced the day you buy it, and change oil every 5k km and it will live forever
>>
>>14822784

Running costs on the 3.0 should be fairly minimal. I've got an 04 Outback Sedan H6-3.0 (previous body style to yours) and have had 0 issues with the power train. Only minor issues such as a burnt out headlight bulb and general maintenance have been necessary through 100k miles. Iirc the only difference in the engine is that yours is tri-exhaust-port and mine is single-port, and power output increases proportionally. Enjoy it, they're great cars!
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.