[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now I appreciate that they're completely different cars,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

Now I appreciate that they're completely different cars, but I want you to work with me here.

I've got a £15k budget and I'm looking at two completely opposite cars.

The Jaguar XK/R and the Lotus Elise S2

I already have a day to day runner but I'm likely to try to daily drive whichever I get.

I'm already aware of the headgasket issue on the Lotus (Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious)

I'm also aware of Jaguar's track record with reliability.

I'm not interested in other cars. I'm just comparing these two. Please comment with your preference if you only had a choice of one of these two and why.

We are comparing a 2007/8 Jaguar XKR 420HP Supercharged
and a 2002/3 Lotus Elise 1.8 120HP naturally aspirated.
>>
>>14812550
Another angle of the jaguar
>>
>>14812550
Another angle of the Elise
>>
>>14812550
1 vote for the Jag. Get the Jag
>>
>>14812550
Lotus if you enjoy turning, jag if you enjoy going straight
>>
xkr
>>
With the lotus you'll have:
-A leaky roof
-If you hit or damage any of the panels, it's a writeoff.

+Loads of attention from onlookers and passersby.

>>14812578
He said he wanted to daily drive it too, so he'll probably have a mix of both straights and bends?
>>
>>14812550
The Lotus looks exotic. I vote the lotus.

The Jaguar XKR is too plain Jane.
>>
>>14812550
Go with the jag mate, the k series engine in the lotus is fun but at the end of the day it's a rover engine held together with long bolts, they used the same engine in the Rover 25 and MG ZR, you get your money's worth in the jag
>>
>>14812613
OP here, I'm leaning towards it at the moment. Good advice.

One thing that has got me thinking though is that the Lotus seems poised to appreciate in value as the years go on.
>>
>>14812550
Jaguar XKR.
>>
An Elise is not a DD.
>>
>>14812550
Elise, females think it's a ferrari or some exotica and are all over you when they see DAT ELISE.
>>
>>14812550
I'd take the Elise. Those jaguars are painfully generic looking and I find them downright ugly. Plus, I prefer attacking corners and doing track days to cruising in a plush GT car.
>>
the jag is boring, get the elise.
>>
>>14812550
Jaguar XKR
You can remap that car to over 500BHP
It has satnav, very plush comfortable seats.

The elise has a more striking and attractive exterior. However, inside is very uncomfortable and the drone from the engine will irritate you.
>>
>>14812550
OP it looks like it's a hung jury. It's quite hard to choose between them both. They both have their advantages.
>>
>>14812865
>You can remap that car to over 500BHP
Sorry, but no. Takes more than a remap to get that far.
>>
>>14813107
That's right. They change the pulley for £300 and then remap. The remap alone will only get you to about 470HP.
>>
File: 20160229_174652.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160229_174652.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>14812765
They definitely do not, it looks like a toy and people are only surprised how small it is. Don't be fooled from pictures, it's not an impressive looking car in person.
>>
>>14813274
Bullshit. I've rode and sat in a few (but never driven them), and they're every bit as exotic in person. No other modern interior or exterior look anything like it.
>>
>>14813274
Also, there's plenty of room inside - if you can get your body over the wide door sill.
>>
File: phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpg (202KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpg
202KB, 1200x801px
No one, using their head, will choose the Lotus. But not everyone choosing with their heart will opt for the Lotus.
>>
Elise gets my vote
>>
>wanted an elise forever
>favourite dream car even over shit that costs millions
>look at usa listings
>$25k lowest $35k average
>look up UK dealers just for fun and convert currencies
>$8k lowest $15k average
Jelly as fuck
>>
>>14813669
Cool, I've driven one quite a bit (and a Tesla roadster), they don't turn heads like a Ferrari, just because it looks different than everything else don't mean people think it's expensive or exciting, it just looks like a little toy, which it is.
>>
>>14813793

Sure it's no Ferrari, but

> don't be fooled from pictures, it's not an impressive looking car in person.

Is pure bullshit.
>>
Jaguar, because it looks infinitely better than the grasshopper-eating-a-lemon, and because unlike the hilariously poorly riding Lotus, it should probably be comfy

The Lotus is a mid engined corolla with a body kit, the Jag is a babby Aston
>>
File: lotus-elise-15.jpg (30KB, 400x232px) Image search: [Google]
lotus-elise-15.jpg
30KB, 400x232px
>>14813910
> mid-engined corolla with a body kit

Jesus this board is stupid.
>>
>>14814076
I admit, it's a hard choice op
>>
Jaguar
unless you wanna look like you're going through a midlife crisis
the elise looks terrible
>>
I like the Lotus, but if I was going to drive it more than once a week or in traffic I'd for the Jag every time.
>>
The Jag is just a more expensive daily driver.
The Lotus reeks of motorsport.

Also, if youre driving the Lotus regularly, it wont be worth shit.
Pick the jag if you have a girlfreind. Lotus if you dont give a fuck about women.
>>
Jag by a landslide for DD purposes.
>>
The Elise can't even compete with the Jag at the same price.
The Elise is supposed to be a budget MR sportscar.
The Jaguar is supposed to compete with Maseraty Granturismo and Aston Martin DB9.

And in those configurations the Lotus looks magnificent and the lotus looks like Ferrari wannabe

>>14813669
>>14813854
I live in Europe and Lotus are seen by everyone including women as very small sportscars.
And everyone that is into cars in general(commuter car people) can tell it's a cheap car by looking at the exterior. Even if they don't know what it is.

Just reminded of one more thing. The Lotus is hard to drive fast. It has a balanced chassis that will rotate itself on the corners. If you aren't a skilled driver you will not enjoy half of the car.
>>
Jaguar OP. Seriously, now I want one. I just checked out the prices. The non-supercharged XK's are around £10k now. SHIEEEEE

Now I'm looking at it. Thanks for the idea OP. It's missing the supercharger and the quad exhaust, but still a good looking car for £10k.
>>
File: c319218092012230823_1.jpg (217KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
c319218092012230823_1.jpg
217KB, 1024x682px
OP Jaguar. Just look at it man.
>>
File: jaguar-xkr-10.jpg (1MB, 1600x878px) Image search: [Google]
jaguar-xkr-10.jpg
1MB, 1600x878px
Jaguar!
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.