[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking at a third generation Ford Explorer later. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 200x125px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 200x125px
I'm looking at a third generation Ford Explorer later. What are some common issues I need to look out for, and are they as bulletproof as the 2nd gens?
>>
if you make any dumb move driving, people WILL assume you're a 30 something mother of two who is distracted by dora and flying pieces of shit

otherwise, yeah go for it

what's the worst that can happen?

you'll get stuck offroading exploring a rutted road?

oh wait

you're gonna stick to the road

so you have nothing to worry about

i'm sure it can get through a bit of grass with no problem
>>
>>14801324
Transmissions are total garbage, get out before it's too late. Google this shit OP.
>>
>>14801408
What, really? We had a second gen when I was growing up, it was on its first transmission, and we ran that thing two 180,000 miles
>>
>>14801324
>third generation Ford Explorer
Those have the shit tier mod motor. Go with second gen.
>>
>>14801408
Fuck my tranny is giving out right now actually.
>>
>>14801324
Well if you ever plan on wrenching this car the spark plug replacements looks like it's going to be a pain in the fucking ass
>>
>>14802368

That's pretty lewd, anon.
>>
>>14802388
You're right i should have worded it different children browse this board
>>
OP here, would I be better off in a first gen Subaru Forester ?
>>
>>14801324
Why not just pick up a 00 or 01? You would get the bullet proof 5 0 and the better tranny than anything that was put in after. The 3rd gen and up use a 5r55 which is just a beefed up electronic A4ld, which are garbage. If yoy have to get a 3rd gen, stick with the v8, the 4.0 is ok but it has retarded timing chain setup.
>>
>>14801324

> sealed transmission, no dipstick or anything
> shitty interior
> rust

You could do better OP. The transmissions on these are shit and will be the first component to fail.
>>
>>14801324
yeah reall nice truck, shame about the transmission or else it would be a solid choice
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.