[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here drive a wrong-hand drive car? RHD car in the US,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: RHD conversion.jpg (45KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
RHD conversion.jpg
45KB, 500x369px
Anyone here drive a wrong-hand drive car? RHD car in the US, LHD car in Australia, etc.

Do you like it? Worth the hassle? Any stories?
>>
>>14799831
Can't really answer your question, but I'm planning to bring my Cappuccino to the US with me when I go back.

It's a hilariously inappropriate car for American roads, but fuck it.
>>
Drove my friends RHD WRX in Sweden, makes overtaking a bit scary.
>>
>>14799831
I bought a RHD BMW E46 in the UK 2 years ago, did a LHD rebuild and sold the car for profit.
Driving a RHD car in a ''normal'' country can be tricky
>>
Had a LHD Porsche 944.

Was fucking shit. Overtaking on back roads is next to impossible and dangerous as fuck.

Just keep to rhd unless its purely for shows.
>>
I have driven a LHD mustang (I live in NZ)

it was terrible, I hate having to take my dominant hand off the wheel to shift.
though road positioning was not as bad as I thought it would be.
>>
>>14799831
I drove two pulsar GTI-R rhd in canada (lhd)
The car is amasing to drive but overtaking are dangerous, you have to stand very far from the vehicle in front of you and floor it.

>a friend died overtaking in a rhd
>inb4 people die by overtaking in lhd too
>>
>>14801751
This.

It's right HAND drive for a reason, anybody right handed (ie, most of you) should be driving a RHD car.
>>
>>14801751
shifting with your dominant hand is best imo
>>
>>14801914
You say that, but im most comfortable steering with my left and shifting with the right. It feels so natural

Coincidentally I masturbate with my left.
Im right handed. All my friends say this is weird
>>
>>14802433
Me too bro, i cant scroll with my left so i switched and it's been like 10years since i've polished muh sword with my dominant hand
For the topic, i can drive both LHD and RHD and if the car is fast enough i've got absolutely no problem overtaking or being an asshole in traffic.
>>
>>14802433
Same with me, dubsman. Was your mom left-handed?
>>
>>14802433
Same. Why would you use your mouse hand in the age of the internet? I never understood that.
>>
I have a RHD Soarer in Canada. I don't mind it at all. A lot of people make fun of me and think its stupid. But they aren't hard to drive at all. Just can't go through a drive thru alone. I'd never buy one just because its RHD. You buy one because that car was never sold in your country, or because it is a lot cheaper than the LHD version. For example, a RHD supra costs half of what a LHD costs, and would definitely be the way to go.
>>
UK here
My dad has a RHD Beetle that was made into a kit car and then converted to LHD with his dad. It's not a DD, it's a weekend car if the weather is nice.

I wasn't around when he built it, but he says that it's a fairly easy job to change what side the pedals and steering wheel are on.

He says it's a piece of piss to register any sort of vehicle so it being LHD wasn't a problem. As far as I know, because it's a kit car, and he's the only driver on it, it doesn't really change how much he pays for insurance.

As for driving, when we are on small country roads we are careful with overtaking because a) we don't want to crash the car and b) it doesn't have any seatbelts or a roof and the body is almost entirely fiberglass so we're always going to come out of an accident worse than anyone else.
>>
Drove a RHD Jeep for 6 years in the US, wasn't bad. Only annoying thing was drive-thrus.
>>
>>14802433
same here
>>
The thought of it alone is enough to keep me from it.
>>
From Hong Kong RHD to Philippines LHD. it was weird at first, because even the fucking roads are different (right side left)I got used to it i guess. Especially how fucking shit the drivers are here. Practiced with a toyota bB/scion xb when I converted.
>>
I have to drive a british client's car sometimes and it's fucking scary. I feel like i'm falling through the door on every corner
>>
>>14802753
>Philippines
nocars flipfag here, good luck on how awful drivers here are.
>>
i have a rhd in canada.. it's a big tall van so i don't have a lot of sight line issues with it.. city driving is actually nice and easy because you have a better view of cyclists and buses and such.. insurance is crazy though, but that's probably just a canada thing
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.