[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /o/ Having some trouble with my Infiniti and was trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Sup /o/

Having some trouble with my Infiniti and was trying to see if you guys could give me an idea of what's going on.

Last week, I had a problem where the car started jerking on me really hard around 3-4 rpms. Would idle at 0 and when accelerating to 1 it would putter a lot. My VDC off, RAS, and slip lights came on. It also really struggled to start. Let it rest, came back in the morning and it drove fine the next day and for a few days and no lights were on.

Today, as I was positioning myself to pull into my garage, the car just shut down. VDC and slip came back on, as well as my battery and oil light.

I was driving pretty hard on it, so this might have triggered it the second time.

I have a check engine as well, my bottom o2 sensors are out. Which could also mean my cats are bad. Could this be an exhaust issue?

It's a 2007 Infiniti m45s
>>
Also, when it shut down today, I turned it back on (it struggled) and the VDC off, ras and slip lights were back on
>>
>>14799068
Take it to the dealer.
>>
>>14799163
I own a small used car dealership. I have a mechanic I use for my vehicles but he's out of town due to a family member passing. I'm trying to see if anyone has a ball park idea of the issue.
It's confusing how if I let it sit for night it performs okay the next day.
>>
>>14799191
Check the brake fluid and pads. If the pads are low the pistons move out more, lowering the fluid level in the master cylinder. Any other codes? Could be two separate issues.
>>
>>14799249
No other codes. My pads are low. I'll get them changed tomorrow and check the fluids.

Could that cause all of these lights and performance issues?
>>
>>14799314
Lights, yes. performance, no.
>>
>>14799413
When the lights come on is when I have the problem though.
>>
Don't use any cheap ass Autozone OBD scanners. You need one that works with your ECU. You can find the exact problem doing so. Generic OBD scanners for all cars is only gonna give you a range of what could be wrong.
>>
>>14799878
I had my mechanic use an expensive one on it. He showed me a bunch of numbers and how the o2s on the bottom weren't responding.
He told me I could leave it be, I'm driving in a dealer tag to emissions isn't an issue for me. But he told me it could mean the cats are bad as well. Which is why I'm thinking they are bad and it's causing some sort of problem with my exhaust.
>>
>>14799894

I dealt with idle issues on my M3 and it turned out to be my throttle position sensor. My Peake reader never found it until my EML light came on and the car finally threw a new code. When I scanned from the beginning it threw fuel adaptation codes and that was it.

I looked at injectors, O2 sensors, ICV, fuel pump, pressure regulator and filter, and even tried hunting a vacuum leak. Did a fuel pressure test and all.

Finally threw the right code and pointed to the TPS 1. Fixed my issues and now my SES light has stayed off and I no longer have lessened lower end power when I blip the throttle.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.