[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about pocketbikes? I've never used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: pocket-bike-pictures-download.jpg (849KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
pocket-bike-pictures-download.jpg
849KB, 2560x1920px
What do you guys think about pocketbikes?
I've never used one but they seem like a lot of fun to fuck around with, and for shy of $500 it seems like something I'd like to get
Any brands you recommend or I should steer clear of?
>>
Used one at some friends house in Germany, we couldn't manage to ride it straight for more than ten seconds. Then again, none of us knew how to ride anything.
I think they are banned of any public road or space now.
That was ten years ago.
Fuck, I'm old
>>
>>14790040
One of my buddies slapped a lawnmower engine onto one of these frames and ran a chain to the rear wheel. No gears or anything.

Was fun as shit. Beat a Harley from a dead stop until the Harley hit 3rd gear.
>>
>>14790040
Stupid idea, and also illegal in the UK.

I'm all for you riding one, OP, maybe it'll remove you from the genepool.
>>
>>14790124
I definitely live in best America, there's no need to be jelly, eurocuck.
>>
>>14790040
Pocket bikes are fun.

The whole time you are on it you are thinking
>Holy shit, if I hit anything bigger than a pebble I am going face first into the ground. FUUUUUUUUUUU

Seriously though, I don't think there is anything gas powered that wants to hurt you more than a pocket bike.
>>
File: misuzu.jpg (10KB, 445x280px) Image search: [Google]
misuzu.jpg
10KB, 445x280px
>grown adults riding pocket bikes on the street
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>14790251
That sounds like fun.
>>14790300
But how come for why? I already have two motorcycle's and a car, the pocketbike would be would be a fun addition and my daughter just turned 7, she could fuck around on it. The one I'm looking at has an adjustable limiter as well.
>>
>>14790040
I HAVE ONE

I JUST BOUGHT IT TOO

its got a predator engine in it and needs a bunch of work

the dude i bought it from says it goes 50mph
>>
>>14790473
prepare to feel so unsafe.
>>
>>14790473
I can smell the Cheetos dust
>>
I have a classic 1993 Honda z50!!! Super strong!!! It holds me and my son, that's like 350lbs!!!
>>
>>14790489
the guy told me he was selling it because his mom was making him after he crashed it and almost killed himself

which i thought was funny because it doesnt have any brakes or a throttle

my plans are to strech it put air suspension on it do a fatty conversion and soup up that motor

i wanna road register it and drive it to car shows
>>
>>14790532
>it doesnt have any brakes or a throttle

wut
>>
>>14790532
>i wanna road register it and drive it to car shows
I don't think that is going to happen
>>
>>14790473
Hows the leased auto frs?
>>
>>14790575
Not exciting enough, obviously.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
mine was 200$

you really shouldnt pay over that, these things are total money pits
>>
>>14790251
4 wheelers
>>
>>14790682
name one person you know who has owned a 3 wheeler and hasnt gotten hurt on it
>>
>>14790251
>I don't think there is anything gas powered that wants to hurt you more than a pocket bike.
Quad bikes
>even worse protection than what you get on a bike
>leans forward, backward or sideway whenever you are on a hillside
>that crush risk
>>
>>14790753
>crush risk
Fuckin nightmare fuel
>>
>>14790803
Pretty much. If you want to die like a tard while goin g fast in some mud or on a dune, build yourself a buggy. Not only will it be cheaper, but you'll leave in a fireball instead of having every bit of your ribcage broken because your quad rolled on you.
>>
>>14790753
>>that crush risk
People flip gokarts all the time and walk away from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ_jCzbZSUE
>>
They look pretty fun, see heaps of the pitbikes here for offroad.. they never seem to be running properly though or have something broken.
>>
>>14790748
> Managed to run over my own foot with a 3 wheeler
> Tread marks when through my socks and onto my skin
>>
>>14790108
you mean the harley didnt roll from the stop in 3rd gear? rare.
>>
>>14790858
There are a couple ways in which a go kar is safer though
Go karts can pretty much only go on track and roll on their side when cornering poorly.
Riding a quad on a track isn't especially dangerous, the real problems start when you go off-road. You constantly have to compensate the poor weight distribution with your own body by leaning forward,backward or on the side when you are on a hill. meaning you have to stand. If you could remain in a sitting position at all time it wouldn't be so bad but if the back or front of your quad starts to flip while you are standing, you run the risk of falling under your vehicle. That alone is bad since quads are pretty heavy. Combine this with speed and you have fair chances of snapping parts of your spine and then still find yourself under a couple hundred kilograms of junk.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.