[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eurofags of /o/, I'm looking to buy a project car soon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: SUBARUJusty5doors-2227_2.jpg (202KB, 900x591px) Image search: [Google]
SUBARUJusty5doors-2227_2.jpg
202KB, 900x591px
Eurofags of /o/,

I'm looking to buy a project car soon, basically a shitbox I wanna make somewhat fast on a budget. I want the car to be easily available in decent condition, easy to work on and as cheap as possible. So far I've come up with this list
>Suzuki Swift / Subaru Justy
Basically the same car except Justy is AWD and only comes with carburated 1.3 engine, while the Swift has fuel injection
>Civic
self explanatory
>Mazda 323 5th gen
I guess only the 1.5l engine version is worth getting, since its more modern than the 1.3l SOHC, the 1.8l versions are much more expensive
>Mazda MX-3
Again, the V6 version is too expensive so its either of the 1.6l engines

Any other cars to consider? Bear in mind that they have to be available in yurop.
>>
>>14781137

Astra GSI or an older OPC
>>
Your money is better spent on the tools and knowledge to make stuff faster. Go get a welder and learn how to weld. Once you know how to do that you can make a shit box go faster for a fraction of the cost of just buying aftermarket parts.
>>
>>14781191
Astra GSI costs around 15k PLN (3,5k euro), while the cars I mentioned in the OP cost around 2-4k PLN, which is like 1k euro + I don't want a fast car, I want a car I will make fast.
>>
>>14781210
Get a civic.
>>
Anything with the 1.8t vag Engine is easy to make somewhat fast
>>
>>14781205
please do elaborate on how welding will improve the ignition timing or air fuel ratio or compression?? Pointless post!
>>
>>14781258
if you can weld, you can fabricate engine mounts, thus allowing you to change the entire engine, not just timing or compression.

pointless poster
>>
>>14781137

Daewoo Tico.
There has to be something to make them fast.
>>
>>14781271
a tailwind or a steep hill

solid rocket boosters

murderous intent
>>
>>14781137
>reading this thread
>realizing how much I love America

Not bashing Europe in any way but man, it seems like our definition of "go fast for cheap" USUALLY IN A STRAIGHT LINE is so damn different from you guys.
>>
>>14781245
Any particular models you would suggest?
>>14781270
I don't really wanna swap engines since it's too difficult to do alone
>>14781271
>>14781277
>take out engine
>remove floor
>mount the rest to a bicycle
>start pedalling
>>14781280
You gotta make do with what you have man
>>
>>14781295
well the audi a3 and the golf IV gti are the lightest, but the golf is usually more expensive due to it being a gti. Cheapest otion should be either a passat or an a4, but those are somewhat heavy
>>
>>14781270
oh yeah...how silly of me. I can weld so now i will just change the engine in my car, regardless of not knowing how to figure out where the engine should be mounted because of suspension issues or subframe issues. And thankfully now that i have learned how to weld i can re-wire my new engine to work in my car perfectly!
As someone who is currently transplanting engines and also knows how to weld. I can tell you that my welding skills have helped me out maybe twice in the entirety of my project!
>>
What is it that you are trying to achieve Anon? Do you want something that will go round a track quickly, something that will smash a B- road in or something that accelerated in a straight line quickly?
>>
>>14781320
Nothing in particular, it's mostly that I want to actually build a car rather than just buy one, hence I want it to be easy to work on so I can work on it myself.
>>
>>14781137
Anybody suggested a Mk2 VW? A boosted ABA is a good time.
>>
OG Mini, Saxo/106, mk4 fiesta
>>
>>14781137
Why aren't you considering a Fiesta? You have pretty good rally heritage, it's a 1.6L turbo engine, they are common and cheap as fuck. Not to mention they have some decent Yuro-rally heritage.
>>
>>14781457
>>14781478
Didn't think of the Fiesta, thank you anons. And what about Puma? Is there any difference?
>>
>>14781494
Puma looks more sporty and have better engine

Saxo/106 are really good project cars and they are really cheap and lightweight
>>
How much does the Opel Calibra cost in Poland?
They are dirt cheap in germany, depending on where in Poland you live it might be worth th trip.

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/auto?isSearchRequest=true&vc=Car&dam=0&ms=19000%3B6
>>
>>14782076
I'm not sure how much salt there is on Polish roads, but over here in Lithuania Calibras went extinct like 3 years ago because of rust.
>>
Renault Clio with 2.0l engine? Older ones are quite cheap and fast?
>>
>>14782076
>>14782091
Calibras here are either beaten to shit or insanely overpriced if well kept, so they're kinda out of the question.
>>14782103
Too expensive

What about gen 5 and 6 Celicas? Anyone have any experience modding them?
>>
>>14781137
Form the ones you listed, Swift it's the most cheap and easyto work on, but I don't think that it's possible to make it faster. Justy it's for off-road fun only. Civic could be the best option, because there's more know-how and a big community working on them.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.