[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you're only trying to go in a straight line, why do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

if you're only trying to go in a straight line, why do you have a steering wheel and tires in a drag race?

Shouldn't you just race trains or put the car on rails somehow? I think it would remove a lot of needless complication, and people would stop considering it in the same area of actual car racing.
>>
that would make the straight line go straight even more boring

I agree about it not being racing tho
>>
File: Sage-Leaves.jpg (42KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Sage-Leaves.jpg
42KB, 500x334px
>>14777676
Why not take the reigns off racehorses while we're at it?
>>
That wouldn't be fun to do or watch
>>
>>14777696
how is that in any way the same thing?
>>
it's racing. Delete your FEELS thread.
>>
I consider amateur drag racing to be racing. Top fuel and funnycar dragsters are stupid but people with $10000 modded cars for the sole reason of seeing who has the more powerful car is pretty cool.
>>
>>14777713
yeah i mean, it is 'racing', but people try to compare it to road racing which is just pointless
>>
Why don't we put slicks on trains and drag race them
>>
>>14777723
>people try to compare it to road racing
No one does this.
>>
>>14777734
dumb people on /o/ do this

>>14777724
that would be pretty cool
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
>if you're only trying to go in a straight line, why do you have a steering wheel and tires in a drag race?

Because of torque. And most of these cars are still drivable on the roads or at least to the pits on their own.
>>
>>14777750
> because of torque
Well I mean, if you had a fixed diff, perfectly even tires and perfectly uniform tarmac to drive on, you could go perfectly straight regardless of the amount of torque.
>>
>>14777845
The torque of those engines still twists the whole car. At those speeds, no way it would still go straight because of lateral forces from the engine. The diff and rear axle is basically trying to twist itself away from the engine and chassis.

With low power and very heavy and overbuilt components, maybe.
>>
File: john-stapp when you chew....png (2MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
john-stapp when you chew....png
2MB, 1500x1000px
>not strapping yourself to a rocket sled for dem Gee's.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.