[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hay Hay guys What if we reinvent the wheel? and make it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

Hay

Hay guys

What if we reinvent the wheel?

and make it

ROUNDER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHpxuwcNJfo
>>
>>14777298
It looks like a Honda CRZ that melted.
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 1484x829px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 1484x829px
How about we just ditch wheels and go straight to hovercars and bikes
>>
>all this shit that has nothing to do with tires
>all this shit that isn't actually going to be produced ever

If I paid the person who made this I would be angry.
>>
I do not want automotive technology to advance

Just make carbon fiber cheap or keep playing with bio fuels or something only 15 year old science olympiad fags want this shit
>>
>>14778828
Why? Look at all the Tesla fanboys. It doesn't matter if it makes sense as long as you can say it's the fuuuuuture people will hype it.
>>
>>14777298
>literally I, Robot.
>>
>>14777298
I had this idea but with a single ball in the centre of the car
>>
>>14777298
>Bigger contact patch lower efficiency
>No foot space
>massive electro magnets (good for frying electronics
>No power no brakes, the wheels would just slide on the frame.
>>
>>14777298
that's actually cool af
>>
File: adb4206895378_53575bddff_z.jpg (80KB, 620x425px) Image search: [Google]
adb4206895378_53575bddff_z.jpg
80KB, 620x425px
>>14780084
>>14780084

>Single ball in the middle

Ive provided concept art of your idea
>>
>>14780444

>nexgen Camaro
>>
>>14777298
Nice eclipse op
>>
>>14777361
Because giant fans are inefficient as shit compared to just rolling with wheels.

Think about it. In a car you aren't really fighting gravity. Your only form of propulsion is producing a force perpendicular to the force of gravity, aka sideways. On a hover bike you have to do both.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I mean just look at helicopters. It's not feasible from an economic standpoint though.
>>
>>14780053

Tesla cars are good though.
>>
File: Ball-mouse-insight5.jpg (57KB, 750x633px) Image search: [Google]
Ball-mouse-insight5.jpg
57KB, 750x633px
>>14780444
now think of the rollers as driven and you have axis control
it never occurred to me to go all mag lev as that requires allot of computing to keep stable
>>
How the fuck does power go from the engine to the tire?

It doesn't seem they answered that

Also, wouldn't these magnets cost a fuck ton?
>>
>>14780735

The first ones sold are falling apart, and even a brand new one is absolutely useless at any form of racing other than short drag races. Basically, you can impress passengers that aren't really car people with one pretty good as long as nobody asks to see what she's got on the top end, lol.
>>
>>14780769
Accords aren't good at racing either. They're still good cars.
>>
>>14780735
good battery-powered cars, maybe.
>>
File: even this one.jpg (335KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
even this one.jpg
335KB, 1920x1200px
>>14780735
>>
>>14780809
That's the best one.
>>
>>14780767
They are electromagnets. They are literally just wound conductive wire. Cheap as shit to make, expensive and inefficient to power with enough levitation to provide the necessary suspension.

Also, there is no way to produce omnidirectional power to the sphere tires. If you have maxlev wheels its easy, ala electric motor. But with omnidirectional spheres there is no way to orient and rotate them as described in the video without actually making contact with the wheels with some sort of roller.
>>
>>14780809
My neighbor has one it's awesome
>>
>>14777298
This is the stupidest shit I've ever seen.
>>
>>14784061
>someone hasnt seen I Robot
Shhhhh, only future now.
>>
>>14780799
But isnt that it?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.