[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2014 Fiesta ST for $15,787. 21k miles, drove it twice, its in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: 1435093682415586222.png (568KB, 800x465px) Image search: [Google]
1435093682415586222.png
568KB, 800x465px
2014 Fiesta ST for $15,787. 21k miles, drove it twice, its in excellent condition. Cash.

Do it?
>>
>>14772372
What options m8?

If it's a base model, don't bother. You can get a new one for like 19k OTD.
>>
>>14772381
Nav, Moon Roof, Audio package.

No recaro seats, but I don't want those anyway.
>>
>>14772400
Nav was a $700 factory option that you could probably find on the internet and enable yourself,, audio package was standard on all USDM Fiesta ST's I believe (at least it was on the 15s), moon roof is a very nice option but it does add weight and removes some headroom.

Overall I think if you could talk them down a bit it'd be a really good deal.

You could also finance a base one for $19k and have a new car though, so keep that in mind when you see the OTD price of $17k.
>>
>>14772434
Where are you getting 19/17k from? From what I can tell, average asking for 2014 right now is about 18k. New is about 20.6k for stock 2016.
>>
>>14772484
Like this one m8

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/659164740/overview/

Email them, get a price, take that price to local dealerships and ask them to match or walk. Or just travel there.
>>
>>14772484
Also I was getting the price of 17k from the title, taxes, and dealership fees that go along with a price. My fault if that was included in the original price you provided.
>>
>>14772400
fiesta cloth seats actually suck imo. the focus st cloth aren't too bad though.

>>14772484
when i went looking for STs I got a fully loaded one talked down to like 19.3k otd
>>
>>14772519
Oregon, no tax.

Anywhere else I should be looking? I thought this was quite the deal, apparently not?
>>
File: 201509_1605_cffic_sm[1].jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
201509_1605_cffic_sm[1].jpg
14KB, 300x300px
You can't really find any competition in that price range, that looks that good, gets good fuel economy and fun as fuck to drive...It's a great buy if you are looking for a newish fun reliable commuter car.

I would wait until you start seeing them for $10K and dropping mods on.
>>
>>14772548
Looking at used Fiesta ST's it seems like a good deal. You could try and leverage the price provided with the dealer you're already talking with, letting them know you found a new one for 17k and you think that's the better deal.

You can also try getting the price from that dealership over an email exchange, then email the dealers near you saying you have this price from an out of state dealer, but would prefer to give your business to someone more local to you and if they would provide their best competing price to you, you would be willing to buy there instead. That worked for me, ended up getting a hell of a discount.

Also Focus STs see much more mark down than the Fiesta ST which aren't really advertised below sticker many places.
>>
File: EctcM.gif (294KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
EctcM.gif
294KB, 500x250px
Every review about this car says it's a Literal 8/8 ect...

Is this the God Car m8?
Get it new or used?
>>
File: IMG_20160402_214721~2.jpg (860KB, 2377x2376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160402_214721~2.jpg
860KB, 2377x2376px
>>14772576
It's pretty good m8, I've had mine for about a year and a half and have no regrets.

I'm also this anon>
>>14772565
>>14772493
>>14772381

I'll try and answer what other questions you might have.
>>
>>14772600
Sure, since you seem to have your head about this car, do you think its a good buy? I honestly haven't seen anything near this price in my area, so I am still confused.

Their story is its been on the lot for 8+months, and so they slashed the price from 18 to 15.7 to get rid of it, or wholesale it.
>>
>>14772650
>Their story is its been on the lot for 8+months, and so they slashed the price from 18 to 15.7 to get rid of it, or wholesale it.
hmm seems a bit weird, where do you live? big city, or like further out?

if you lived in the country I could see it sitting for a while because every redneck is buying trucks.

I got my ST for dirt cheap because the dealer I bought it from sucked at advertising, and 2 people got denied financing before me lol
>>
the FiST starts at like 26k+tax in Canada

goddamn im jelly of americans
>>
>>14772650
For a used one, yeah it's a good buy, there's no harm in trying to get a better buy though.

You could get a new one for not a terrible amount more with some fancy negotiating, but if it feels right to you man, just buy it. It's your car in the end, there will always be someone who got a better deal than you did, value is subjective. It's an awesome car.
>>
>>14772677
City. So yeah, its odd.

Like, car drives great, feels like there is no mechanical issues, and it's under warranty for 60k/6years.

I get it should be a red flag, I just cant figure out what would be wrong.
>>
>>14772703
No one really knows about the Fiesta ST, except for people who seek them out. Which is why dealer inventory is usually limited to 1 or 2 at most, and they can be real price sticklers.
>>
>>14772372
BUY IT NAO!
>>
>>14772703
>>14772716
pretty much in america hot hatches aren't extremely popular. you see more 86s/mustangs driving around. could just be no one is interested in the Fiesta ST, and the dealer is trying to unload it before sending it to auction

I would ask for tsbs, carfax, and just go over it again for a long extended test drive
>>
i've been checking used prices on the fiesta st quite frequently. 15.7 is pretty good, though i've seen '14s with low miles and recaros for around 18. those seats seem to be a love it or hate it affair however. you should sit in them and figure that out yourself otherwise you'll regret not knowing.
>>
File: shite.png (299KB, 1089x518px) Image search: [Google]
shite.png
299KB, 1089x518px
>>14772691

pic related,
>>
>>14772768
>bi-weekly payment

lol what
>>
>>14772747
This is an excellent example:
http://erie.craigslist.org/cto/5520318979.html
>>
OP here; Recap

Price seems good, I don't think I can really negotiate much at this point.

Car is stupid fun, can imagine there is a mechanical issue, but I can bring it to a Ford Dealer and have them once over it.

Car has been on the lot forever, but it sounds like they are not as popular as I had originally thought, so that;s OK.

Do y'all think I am liable to run into a deal like this again any time soon? That's my breaking point. I hate the artificial urgency, they said its going to wholesale by Thursday and they drooped nearly 2k of the price to prove it.
>>
>>14772824
Seems like their just reduced price is just trying to pressure you into buying it, seeing as it's advertised online for the price they quoted you: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/646093124/overview/

I think they have some room to negotiate, and if you have the ability to wait and or try and get them to drop the price further (act unsure of the decision or expense, try and mention the new ones listed for close to the same price, etc), I'd do that.
>>
>>14772847
See what you are saying\, but the directionality is backwards.

Saw it on Saturday for 17.5, they cut the price online today around 2pm, went to see it again after that. Make any difference to you?
>>
>>14772877
Look m8, it's a pretty good deal and it seems like you really want it so you should probably just buy it before someone swoops it out from underneath you, it'll be worth it, it's a great car. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, just saying that you may be able to do a bit better eventually if you really wanted.
>>
Another ST owner here. I've had mine since Dec '13 and have over 30k on it. It's been dead reliable, and the only issues have been abnormally high brake pad/rotor wear and a period of a couple weeks where the voice command system stopped working once.

Sounds like a pretty good price to me. I recently saw a couple of STs on a dealer lot for $23k with similar mileage to the one you found. I laughed pretty hard because that was what I'd paid OTD for a brand new one.

I love the Recaro seats and wouldn't buy an ST without them, but if you're over a 36" waist I can see how they'd suck.
>>
>>14772773

Gotta get retards to make stupid financial decisions somehow.
>>
>>14772768
Holy fuck that's terrible, almost $400/mo for 84 months?

I had a $9500 trade-in and pay $270/mo on a 60 month contract with 1.9% and thought that was kind of shitty.
>>
>>14772600
how does the fiesta st handle in inclimate weather like snow/rain?
>>
>>14774645
Depends on your tires mostly, it comes with summer tires which aren't the best (especially in snow obviously), but people have had great success with Blizzaks on their Fiesta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM1nkR8pkX4
>>
>>14774645
Coming from a lower trim on all seasons, I can say it's probably the worst car I've had in the snow (maybe cause ive had heavier cars previously) but its not difficult to acclimate to. I would definitely recommend winter tires though.
>>
>>14774953
Yeah thats my biggest concern living in a ski town it snows alot would probably run 15" wheels and blizzaks if i pull the trigger on it. Right now im in a crown victoria so that handles...interesting in the snow
>>
>>14774645
I threw some all-seasons on mine last winter so that I could take it on ski trips, and it was alright. Snow tires would have been much better, but they're not an option because the 100mi from my house to the base of the mountains is done on dry freeways in 50-70 degree temps.

If so desired, the car is also capable of some of the most hilarious low-speed skidz I've ever seen when on light snow, and the cool part is that it'll only do it if you want it to.
>>
I live in great white north, put Nokians on 15 inch aluminum stock wheels from an old Focus and it handles probably 9/10 in the snow so long as there isn't a shitload of wind.

Also paid 15,8 for mine (2014, 6k miles) and it was the same situation (middle of nowhere lot with huge elderly population).

That said, do it. Unless you have to move more than one other person.
>>
>>14772400
you'll live without recaros

i got cloth seats, and i regretted it at first but i broke them in now and they pretty comfy

bought st new cuz 'lol new car'
owned only for 3 months so far, but other than having almost no space to store shet, no complaints
>>
File: IMG_3368.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3368.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Do it, bought mine for 22k brand new (2016) zero regrets so far.
>>
>>14779104
Before tax or after what was your sown payment?
>>
>>14772877

Tell them you want limo tint and new good tires for 15k
>>
>>14779104
22k out the door. 4k down
>>
>>14772372
for that money you could buy a porsche boxster with upper trim options or a carrera.

and that's just mentioning porsche.
>>
>>14772372
Are you stupid enough to follow the trend???

Personally drove the Fiest St and I will like to say it is just a piece of shit and it is not fast at all.

0-60 in fucking 7 seconds is not fun or fast
>>
>>14784037
>trend
FiST is pretty much non-existent outside of /o/
>>
>>14784037
t. busdriver
>>
>>14773256
That payment plan is with no trade in. Still pretty bad but not 400 a month
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.