[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings /o/, I need some advice. I've got a 3.5L six in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: leftfronttpdn.jpg (265KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
leftfronttpdn.jpg
265KB, 720x540px
Greetings /o/, I need some advice.
I've got a 3.5L six in a Pontiac G6 and I want to make it faster.
After some googling, I found cold air intake, high flow exhaust, and a chip would give performance increases.
What else can I do to it to get extra speed?
Inb4 sell it. I have to keep it.
>>
>>14769690
thats all their is short of going FI. start with the cold air and shit. see how far your budget takes you.
but the truth you dont want to hear is that car is a slow car and you should not waste your money on it.
i have a malibu with the same engine and the same transmission as you. same platform too.
dont do it.
i recommend giving it a really good clean, a wax and keeping the maintenance up to date. they are comfy cars.
>>
>>14769722
What's FI?
Can I get even a mild increase with better plugs or something?
Until I can upgrade to a better car, I need all the HP I can get.
>>
>>14769722
I have no illusions about it, i agree its not fast at all. I'm just trying to make the best with what I have at the time.
Should I upgrade brakes or anything else?
>>
>>14769757
Forced Induction. Nos, turbo, whatever the kids are calling it today. And to answer your other question, see >>14769722

As a fun side note you'll also get better gas mileage off of the cold air intake and new exhaust. That's why I put them on my grand am.
>>
Get some decent tires. Don't waste money on engine modifications
>>
>>14769827
this
>>
>>14769690
Only shitskins and white trash mod an econobox
>>
>>14769777
Don't mod anything. Take all your mod money and save it for a faster car in the future.
>>
>chip
Why do fags say this. With what you fucking fag? No one can tell you if chipping it will help if you won't fucking elaborate. If I chipped your fucking pos with a big rigs ecu, you sure as fuck aren't going to be any faster. Elaborate. Brands, models etc
>>
>>14770118
Niqqa I don't know a fucking thing about chips. If you had any reading comprehension you'd see by my post that I don't know a damn thing about engine work.
If you'd contain your fucking autism and share your apparently extensive knowledge about chipping, maybe I could actually get something done to this pile of shit.
>>
>>14769722
I agree with this anon. I had 2006 g6 gt and at the time there was barely an aftermarket for it. I did lower it and put slotted/vented rotors and ceramic pads. Never got past that because I realized my mistake; this is a economy car and was never meant to be fast. Also it's heavy as shit.
>>
WAMS tune
full exhaust
Crab Intake

your not going to be making it fast but itll be more fun

beyond that maybe a small shot of nitrous
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.