[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /o/. Occasional lurker here with a dumb question that probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 445014-slowpoke.jpg (42KB, 480x415px) Image search: [Google]
445014-slowpoke.jpg
42KB, 480x415px
Hi, /o/. Occasional lurker here with a dumb question that probably doesn't deserve its own thread.

I recently bought my first car, a newer model Escape from an aunt at a good price. I need to register it now in my name, the thing is though.. I'm broke as shit.

How can I dodge the DMV tax and pay as little as possible?
>>
say you bought it for $5
>>
>>14769278
Will I get found out?
>>
>>14769273
On the paperwork, write that it was a Gift instead of a number.

You'll avoid state tax that way..
It'll come off as suspicious until they hear it was from a family member.

You'll still have tag fees and shit though
>>
>>14769278
That will change nothing, since registration value is based on the depreciated original value in every first-world state.

>>14769283
If your car isn't registered, you'll get a fine that is many times the registration cost. If you try to fake the registration, you'll go to jail. Check the archives, and you'll find the sad saga of a retarded poorfag anon who thought he could save some bucks by printing out his own registration sticker--and ended up paying thousands in fines and spending a month in jail.

Hearty keks were felt all around.

If you can't afford registration, sell the car.
>>
>>14769286
You don't pay sales tax on a private sale, you dumb fucks.
>>
>>14769296
You serious? It's based on blue book?

I'm gonna get fucked hard then. Thing is worth 14k at least.
>>
File: 20160403_171228.jpg (955KB, 4208x1176px) Image search: [Google]
20160403_171228.jpg
955KB, 4208x1176px
>>14769303
Guess again, fuckwit.
>>
>>14769310
just save up some money and pay your taxes you cuck
>>
>>14769286
No.
Then you have to pay bb value in tax.
At least that's how it is in California
>>
>>14769331
that's bullshit right there.

Certainly don't work that way here in FL
>>
>>14769278
I always go $100.
Never had any problems
>>
>>14769310
NO, it's based on a depreciation of the original sale price. That's why the original sale price is on your title, not whatever you paid from the XXth owner.

I'm just here to shitpost, not to teach you a course in economics. Go search wikipedia for "depreciation" and learn something on your own time.

>>14769319
Is that Florida? Because we're not talking about third-world shitholes here. In most first-world states private party sales are exempt.
>>
>>14769342
Welcome to California, pay up or don't drive bitch.

Just got done paying $1192 to bring a vehicle that wasn't paid since 2010 up to current. They wanted $1650 but they waived some fees.
>>
>>14769369
Alright anon.

Can u give me a rough estimate of how much I'll pay? I'm in CA. 2012 Ford Escape, original sale price 29k. 20k odometer. Registration up and smog up to date. I have the signed pinkslip, but never got the aunt to say it was a gift..
>>
File: beach-scenery-wallpaper-1.jpg (316KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
beach-scenery-wallpaper-1.jpg
316KB, 1920x1080px
>>14769368
I've Never Been To Florida: The Post
>>
>>14769389
you're fucked m8o

going to be at least 3-10k
>>
>>14769404
FUCK THAT.

I'm going to fake my own like that one anon.
>>
Hey guys, I have another dumb question for you.

I've been driving around without an insurance policy of my own for the last couple of weeks. It's generally a good idea to get insurance right? Or is it all a big jewish ponzi scheme?
>>
>>14769400
>Generic beach picture means the state isn't full of methhead hillbillies and infrastructure on par with Nigeria's. Unless you were describing your own post, then carry on
>>
>>14769545
>Unless you were describing your own post, then carry on
Was not supposed to be greentext. Either way, Florida is the US' asshole
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.