[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been carless ? >iv owned a car since i was 16

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: thousands-of-cars.jpg (133KB, 770x382px) Image search: [Google]
thousands-of-cars.jpg
133KB, 770x382px
Have you ever been carless ?
>iv owned a car since i was 16
>25 now

Theres apx 1 billion cars in the world today

>each car company releases a new model for each line per year on the average

Kids that are just turning 16-18 will want a their first car this year

how many cars will there be in 10 years? how many classics will be on the road compared to modern ones?

that means there will be a time that there will probably be a time where your the only person out there that drives your car

or there will be a time where a 92 civic won't exist anymore

>i heard the goverment would destroy cars that were older than 30 years when i was in my teens (this is what i just heard)
>Also i remember when the news use to say petrol will run out in approximately 10 years

this was back in 2005, the news use to push global warming pretty heavy

what happened to these memes? or are they just memes
>>
>prediction

western economies are starting to lag again, muh climate change, dieselgate and broken windows will spur another scrapage scheme when the headline figures go red again. all the cunts who bought diesels because it was incentiveised last decade will now by new leased petrol fucboxes. many decent old cars will suffer and the second hand market will get fucked again because make do and mend doesn't employ people.
>>
Personal transportation will never die outside of ridiculously condensed cities.

Internal combustion will remain the most produced until around 2030 where electric will take 51%, and self driving tech will have been good enough for long enough that a massive chunk of the cars on the road aren't controlled by humans anymore moving towards the majority around 2035-2040.

Only police state shitholes will ban personally driving cars on public roads around 2050-2060.
>>
>>14760483
>Only police state shitholes

So everywhere then.

>the trends you've seen towards more paternalistic nanny states won't continue
>>
>>14760495
I'm hoping for massive wars and new countries to appear in a few years, maybe get back to a society that isn't fucking pathetic.
>>
>>14760483
>Internal combustion will remain the most produced until around 2030 where electric will take 51%, and self driving tech will have been good enough for long enough that a massive chunk of the cars on the road aren't controlled by humans anymore moving towards the majority around 2035-2040.
This makes me fear the future.
>>
>>14760499
Amen m8. The 20th century may have been brutal but at least it was interesting. We came of age in the most boring time ever.

>>14760505
You should.
>>
I just turned 18, and I still don't own a car.

Once I get the OK from my doctor, I'm going to start working so I can save up to buy a cheap beater. My parents are fucking awful with their money, my mom spent $2700 today alone on shit from Sam's Club and putting a reservation down on a Tesla Model 3.
>>
Didn't own a car until 26 because I was an unemployed shit for a couple years and cars aren't a natural right where I live and carry some costs.
>>
I was carless for 3 years in my mid-20s, didn't really need one at the time though. I still don't need one but I have one now simply beacuse I like cars
>>
>>14760530
Where in the world are cars a natural right?
>>
>>14760451
I was born carless.
>>
Had a car before I could drive. Piece of shit pinto. Made it driveable myself with my own money and hands. Smashed it against a tree years ago. Bought another shitbox. now I've got 6 shit boxes. I drive which ever one is running that particular day. Only 2 are registered and insured. But I swap the reg back and forth between which ever one works at the time. I've never had more that 3 cars running at the same time. Mostly cause they are all completely fucked.
>>
>>14760541
Nowhere, but Americans like to act like they are.
>>
>>14760451
>23
>never been not-carless
>>
>>14760451
>Fist car at 17
>Only been carless 2 weeks between by BMW failing it's MOT and me buying a Saab to replace it
>>
>>14760451
I got my first car at 27. Public transport is decent here, I hate driving in the city, and I've got enough friends with their own cars, so I never felt a particular need to have one myself.
>>
>>14760451
I am 19 and don't even have a bike.
>>
Bought my first vehicle at 16. Since then, always had a vehicle besides one small period of about a month when I was 17 that I didn't have a vehicle after I sold it due to a guy offering me way more for it than I bought it for.
>>
>>14760451
>first car with 18
>carless for 4 days

i'm 26 now, the 4 days have been between my old car breaking down and getting the new car registered
>>
>>14761371
>Fist car at 17
These fetishes are getting real abstract
>>
>>14760451
I've been carless (ownership-wise) for close to 4 years. Moved to a big city 4 years ago to study. Traffic is a bitch so I just take public transit everywhere. Sold my car soon after moving in. If I need a car, I usually use carsharing services like Zipcar or Car2go, or even Uber.

So far it's working good.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.