[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 2002 Honda Accord that's shaking badly especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ML16_98-02_Accord_23L_4PCS_Man.gif (76KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
ML16_98-02_Accord_23L_4PCS_Man.gif
76KB, 720x600px
I have a 2002 Honda Accord that's shaking badly especially when it's in gear and the AC is on. What doesn't make sense is that all the motor mounts look good with no cracks, yet I can see it shaking bad, enough to make the steering wheel uncomfortable to hold onto. Could there be any other cause of this besides motor mounts?
>>
>>14758549
What happens to the rpm?
>>
>>14758549
The rubber in the mounts hardens over time. Could be the issue.
>>
>>14758574
THIS, also you could check the A/C pump ball-bearings
>>
>>14758559
Nothing, it stays the same. Engine seems fine it just shakes so bad the steering wheel is shaking too and I have to put it on neutral during traffic stops
>>
>>14758601
Does the vibration go away just off idle?
>>
>>14758610
Yes, it shakes less on park or neutral
>>
>>14758549
mil on? flashing mil?
>>
>>14762398
no, engine runs fine otherwise
>>
Oh Jesus....
>>
With the help of a friend, get in the car and keep your foot hard on the brake and while in drive give it some gas. Have your friend watch the engine to see if it jumps more that it should. After you do that in drive, try it in reverse. Depending on which way the engine jumps more can help you pinpoint the mount thats worn.

Be very careful and pay attention to your surroundings when doing this and make sure you shift vack to park before taking your foot off the brake.

This method is usually called brake torquing but I wasnt sure if you would understand that.

On a honda the front lower or rear lower mounts are the usual culprits.
>>
In my 4 cylinder accord (01) it also shakes slightly when the ac is on but I'm pretty sure that's just due to the engine being a pussy and not having any power. I don't really think it's due to the motor mounts, it drives fine, I just have to gas it more in lower gears until I get moving.
>>
>>14758549
V6 or 4 cyl?
>>
Mine did this and it was the transmission mount (auto v6).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.