[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I hopped in my car this morning and noticed this small crack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So I hopped in my car this morning and noticed this small crack on the front windshield. I don't know how it got their but I want to get it fixed before the problem gets worse.

I went to Safelite for a quote and they told me it'd be about $90-$118 to fix it out of pocket. Can I get it done cheaper somewhere else? I want to get it done by my insurance but I'm not sure.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Bump
>>
>>14757483
>$90-$118 to fix
That's too high if they are just repairing the spot and not replacing the windshield. Just go drive around tomorrow afternoon until you find a windshield repair EZ up in a parking lot. Some neckbeard looking dude repaired my shitbox's windshield last week for $40
>>
>>14757684
I called other places and the lowest was $65. I've never seen those windshield kiosks I've heard about.
Should I just do it myself with a $7 kit?
>>
>>14757714
>Should I just do it myself
I wouldn't attempt it, the neckbeard told me he had to drill it out(didn't watch, was inside store getting cash). Just go to the nearest mall, there should be one of those places open, especially on a Saturday afternoon
>>
>>14757714
Just fucking pay 65-118. Don't be a poorfag.
>>
>>14757740
I'll keep this in mind.

>>14757756
That's a lot of money.
>>
It's not cracked so I wouldn't worry about it. And unless you do rallycross, chances that it gets worse are very slim.
And Safelite AutoGlass is snake oil, they greatly exaggerate the risks to reel you in.
>>
>>14757793
Not really. In car repair that's nothing.
>>
>>14757834
Still. it's so small it doesn't warrant that price.
>>
>>14757866
Then don't fix it poorfag
>>
>>14757872
I don't like the blemish. And I don't want it to get worse.
>>
>>14757882
pay less now or pay more later
>>
65 seems reasonable. Just do it. Insurance might cover it so you can look into it, just check if it raises your payments.
>>
If you're real desperate, go to wreckers and get a second hand panel for the same price.
>>
>>14757714
>$7 kit

Where are these sold, do they actually work?

Those "professional" kits are expensive, but really they don`t contain that much. Just a UV lamp, applicator, some injector thingy with the hardening compound in it and a razor.
>>
>>14758770
You can get them at autozone and shit. They're for small chips
>>
Where do you live? In AZ most car washes have a guy there who will fix it for free and run it through your insurance since the insurance would rather pay for a chip repair instead of replacing the windshield.

Though that might only be if you have glass coverage, if not, you might be fucked.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.