[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello it's guy who wants a Trabant, the most beautiful car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: love you baby.jpg (968KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
love you baby.jpg
968KB, 2048x1536px
Hello it's guy who wants a Trabant, the most beautiful car in the world. I'm hoping someone can help me acquire one.

Has anyone ever seen one (601) in Australia (other than the documentary)? I haven't been searching the last few months but I'm starting up again. I contacted a Canadian dealer last year but no response. I'm 99.9% sure I'll have to import one, which brings me to my next point.

Even more useful would be any Australian car enthusiasts able to tell me whether it would pass our environmental restrictions. I've taken a cursory look on the government site but that was some months ago.

Here's a nice example.
>>
>>14754362
http://www.kupujemprodajem.com/Trabant-601-31599515-oglas.htm?filter_id=261431#photoBig
http://www.kupujemprodajem.com/Trabant-601-31117911-oglas.htm?filter_id=261431
I suggest you need to overcome a language barrier
>>
>>14754378
ich konnen sprechen ein klein scheisse-Deutsche, aber Deutschland ist so weit! Vielleicht USA oder Canada?
>>
>>14754399
m8 that's Bosnian and Croatian
but I really think your best shot is to use eastern and central European contacts and web sights
anywhere in the west will jack prices up hard
>>
>>14754443
Oh I just assumed without opening

I'm just assuming that shipping costs and potential cultural problems regarding Europe will outweigh the price increase from the West
>>
>>14754456
eh thats cool
you might also be interested in an FSO
they imported similar cars into Australia
>>
>>14754362
Holy fuck that is pimp as reminds me of my exs viva vaxhual she had.
>>
>>14754498
Sorry what's an FSO?
>>
>>14754498
>>14754506
Oh right the car type, I thought you meant something to assist importation
>>
>whether it would pass our environmental restrictions

Well it has a 2stroke engine so...
>>
>>14754510
yes some of the 1970s and 80s types have the whole motorbike engine in a curvy shell thing going on
>>
>>14754514
Yes but it's made of Duroplast and I'm not sure if that's acceptable or not
>>
>>14754519
I can see what you mean but, I don't know, it's just not the same

I'm realistic/practical about everything else in life so I don't want to let this one dream fail
>>
>>14754362
>>14754378
>>14754443

It's Serbian, and yeah we have a decent amount of Trabants here

http://www.polovniautomobili.com/putnicka-vozila/pretraga?brand=2773&without_price=1&showOldNew=all

http://www.mojauto.rs/rezultat/status/automobili/vozilo_je/polovan/proizvodjac/Trabant/poredjaj-po/oglas_najnoviji/po_stranici/18/prikazi_kao/lista/
>>
You can't walk 5 minutes in Berlin without seeing a Trabbi, there must be one you can buy from there and ship over? I don't know what import laws are like in Aus

They also made a 4-stroke version FYI. Also if you hit a kangaroo/abbo you're going to be turned into a fine red mist.
>>
>>14754506

A Polish car manufacturer that made cars such as Polonez.
>>
Are you on a one-man crusade to stamp out mosquitos ?
>>
>>14756102
Why mosquitos in particular?
>>
File: east.jpg (37KB, 600x393px) Image search: [Google]
east.jpg
37KB, 600x393px
>>14756338

Their german nickname is "little stinker".
>>
>>14754362
>environmental restrictions

You can import and register any car over 30 years old with minimal modifications, the majority are safety related (seatbelts, lights up to ADR standards).
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 1333x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 1333x800px
>>14756560
I liked their nickname for the Wartburg Knight, "Farty Hans"
>>
>>14756596

My friend has one rotting in his backyard for 10+ years now, when we were kids we would every year gather a little bit of money buy a little of fuel, find an old battery somewhere, and try to start it, we managed to start it few times, but couldn't move it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.