[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like to own/drive around in a convertible, /o/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: convertiSAAB.png (272KB, 627x468px) Image search: [Google]
convertiSAAB.png
272KB, 627x468px
What's it like to own/drive around in a convertible, /o/?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on an '08 $8k Saab just for the hell of it, while i'm still 26 and without a wife to put my balls in a vice, however i'm not the attention-y show-off-type kinda guy, i just want to cruise around and enjoy my youth, will i regret this purchase?
>>
it's pretty comfy.

don't get a 4 seater convertible, that's lame.
>>
File: 1458695585687.jpg (72KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1458695585687.jpg
72KB, 960x960px
>>14745169
It's incredible. You will never want to go back after.
>>
>>14745169
Saabs are a good vert if you don't want attention.

But get a warranty on it. Those late gm Saabs were not cheap when they broke. And they broke.
>>
>>14745169
Mine is cold in the winter, hot in the summer, noisy, smelly, and leaky.

It's the best car I've had up to the point.
>>
>>14745435
This is the most accurate post.
>>
>>14745169

It's fun to have the option of putting the top down. If you're not racing the car, structural rigidity and other race shit doesn't matter.

Carry sunscreen and sunglasses at all times - you'll regret not having them.

The best part is the sound the rain makes on the top when it's up - super comfy.
>>
Convertible yes. Saab no. But anyways a vert isn't really a car It's a fun go cart. I got my hands on an s2000 and i joy ride daily. I love it. Enjoy your youth anon
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 960x640px
>>14745190
Mines a 4 seater but there's minimal in the back, it's not that bad, good to have the option of picking my drunken friends or parents up.
Otherwise theyd drink drive/have to bus or taxi it home.
Or those inseparable Bffl grills with a friend that need dropping home so you can get yo mack on afterwards.
>>14746015
This is definitely a thing.
I got a do-luck floor strut brace in the back which counteracts this, can also mount harnesses to it without having to drill holes and shit which is handy.
>>
>>14746105
This.
>>14745169
Love my roadster. Fuck what people say, shit is fun and I know I'm faster than 99% of the other cars out there anyways.

Convertibles kind of suck because hella wind. Two seater much more tolerable.
>>
>>14745169

Had Miata. Did not enjoy convertible aspect at all. Preferred to have top up.

>ib4 fat/ugly

I just don't see the point, other than the fact that the shit top blocks your visibility in the miata.
>>
File: IMG_1206.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1206.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
The best 2 cars I've ever owned were an 04 Saab 9-3 Linear SS which I traded for an 05 Saab 9-3 Arc Covertible. Both were 5 speed manuals and fast as fuck and cornered like they were on rails. I'd buy another Saab in a heartbeat.
>>
>>14745169
>driving the safest car on the road
>as a convertible

bruh....
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.