[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most paranoid shit you can put on/in your car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

What's the most paranoid shit you can put on/in your car? Radar detector, dashcam, etc. I'm talking weird shit, too. Like things people would use if they bought into chemtrails and reptilians.
>>
>>14744496
know an ex special forces guy that has the best radio equipment money can buy on his humvee, he can listen to the guys on nasa on the space ships or the iss.

we are not alone
>>
>>14744496
Someone properly paranoid would never use a vehicle with electronic management. Pre '90s carbed engines most likely.

Besides maybe a shortwave radio, anything else would be james bond clichés or just pointless.
>>
>reflective tape over the plates
>full tint on all windows except front
>>
>>14744496

dark tint
>>
>>14744512
100% real story, brought to you by Cool Story Co.
>>
Geiger Counter
Seismometer
CB radio
Radar sweep
>>
>>14744512
i checked out at humvee
>>
File: AL_drivebywire_f.jpg (92KB, 660x471px) Image search: [Google]
AL_drivebywire_f.jpg
92KB, 660x471px
>>14744496

Driving a computer-free pre-drive by wire car to prepare for EMP strikes and protect against government remote-controlling your car's speed, steering, and brakes.
>>
File: 2s7cDqELa3k.jpg (74KB, 604x435px) Image search: [Google]
2s7cDqELa3k.jpg
74KB, 604x435px
>>14745686
psh psh check in!
>>
>>14745712

There are conspiracy theories that say political targets are eliminated by remote controlling the car (via its computers) and increasing the car's speed until the car crashes and there are no survivors. Make it look like they passed away from a car accident.

Spoopy
>>
>>14745712

Don't need to.

Already was tested and 2/3rds of cars only had things like blinking dash lights due to the emp pulses when turned on. The rest shut off, but just needed to be turned back on.
>>
I keep a starter solenoid for my foxbody mustang in lead lined safe with mechanical locks. The car is cut out and caged. Wth barely any electronics. It's also stick, so I can push it.
>>
>>14744496

> Old diesel Suburban
> Kept in good condition, no visible damage
> Offroad capable tires, not overly agressive looking tread
> Very mild lift just for extra articulation and clearance
> Painted flat fleet tan or primer red
> Small but functional auxiliary lighting
> Non chrome bull bar welded into place along with hidden reinforcements for front areas
> CB with full size whip antenna
> HAM radio and antenna
> Headliner, door cards, and interior trim all lined with copper mesh
> Go-Bag in trunk area
> Several days of supplies in tote containers in trunk area
> Factory looking tinted rear windows
>>
>>14745755

I don't like how American car makers are adding this smartphone feature where you can remotely unlock and start cars through a phone app.

Imagine what hackers can do, let alone the gobbymint (this is a tinfoil thread so why omit this possibility?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWHA1fsPSH4

Sometimes I wish we stopped after power steering...
>>
I sometimes see this guy cruising around really late night in a blacked out Charger with a "UFO S" vanity license plate. He's got a bar going across the sun visor area and it's covered in about 20 xm radio/radar/???receivers. What they're receiving, I have no idea. The whole interior of the car is packed with weird electronic devices.
>>
File: peter-brock.jpg (49KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
peter-brock.jpg
49KB, 650x488px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBdppylOFX4
>>
>>14745747

Look up Michael Hastings. He was a journalist that was about to leak some stuff related to the US government before he died in a fiery car crash. The car he was driving was a Mercedes with a bunch of computerized shit in it.
>>
>spare engine

This needs to be a thing
>>
>>14744496
To be fair, a dashcam can really save your ass from insurance fraud or crazy passenger antics. I don't even have one, but the advantages of having one are clear, especially if you live in a hostile place.
>>
>>14746626
>2016
>not riding a racing car with his molecules proprely aligned
>>
Why aren't infotainment systems completely isolated from the rest of the car? The worst a hacker could do then is play annoying music at full volume. Why would you want engine and transmission management, steering, braking, and door locks on an open system capable of connecting to the Internet? It would solve all security hazards.

Just goes to show that new technology isn't bad, it's just implemented in questionable ways
>>
>>14745805
>Imagine what hackers can do,
Don't have to imagine, just look at the new Jeep Cherokee from Chrysler.
>>
>>14747945
Because software security is not a visible feature and doesn't sell cars, and often security can mean sacrificing convenience so it can even impact sales.

Car companies wont do anything that cuts into their profits. If you want security in your cars you have implement laws that force car companies to get their software audited by a qualified third party (or even better, open source their software and firmware) and impose hefty fines for failing to meet safety standards.

Good luck getting any of that implemented with the TPP in play, though.
>>
>>14745712
could only work in auto cucks
manual masterrace
>>
>>14747971
I'm not even talking about software. I was wondering why the hardware managing mechanical systems isn't separate from the hardware managing the infotainment with absolutely no connections other than they run off the car's battery, so the former would be impossible to connect to the Internet.

Is there a reason why this is so difficult to do? How much more expensive would it be?
>>
>>14748001
>I'm not even talking about software
In a way you are. Its way easier to implement certain convenience features when everything is sitting on the same CAN bus. Nowadays, things like remote start, engine information, driving modes, travel computers, etc., all go through menus on your infotainment console, which is also often connected to your digital dashboard, so that has to sit on the same network as well.

You can't really have all those shiny new features without having some sort of connection, which needs to be secured. Don't forget remote updates, that's very convenient and important.

In the end "You can now start your car with your iPhone" will sell a lot more cars than "Our systems are physically isolated and secure."

Car companies aren't going to spend money on stuff that doesn't sell cars unless you force them.
>>
>>14748028
Well, shit. I guess my way would lead to a clunky user interface with all those features. I also remembered that many manufacturers like to adjust the volume as you drive faster.

Looks like I'll have to Faraday cage any post-2010 car I end up buying.
>>
>>14748001
its cost prohibitive - seperate comm lines for each system means more wiring and copper is expensive, more weight so less fuel economy and a more complicated wiring system. with one or very few communication systems, the entire car can share information on two wires, reducing weight and cost.
security was never a concern for the OEMs until very recently.....BMW got hacked during one of their cloud based updates. a BMW enthusiast group in europe intentionally hacked the signal and used it to show BMW how they could then unlock and start ANY BMW or Rolls Royce. A security update was added a few hours later. It just never crossed their minds that this could ever be an issue
>>
>>14745805
i'm pretty sure hackers have already proved they can hack self-driving cars

they've hacked lots of shit like self aiming guns, to shoot a target away from where it's aiming. anything that controls something can probably be hacked to be taken over.

but this is mainly because of wifi or wireless signals I think. you'd need a way to get into that system, and wireless makes them vulnerable to attacks because you don't need to be physically connected
I think even sound signals can be used to hack something when it doesn't have wireless.. like they can use the microphone of the victim and send certian signals to it.. i read something like that but can't remember. but i'm pretty sure it said that it needs clear sound for it
>>
>>14745712

Question

Wouldnt the EMP fry the coil on older carbed/ dizzy motors?
>>
I believe that the Jews are coming so I slapped 5%ers on there
>>
>>14744496
I have a dashcam, mainly because I believe that some dumbass will crash into me, and say: "YOUUURE A PEEEE PLAITA, SO YOURE AT FAAAWWLT!"
>>
>>14744496
>implying chemtrails and reptilians aren't real
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.