[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone aware me on window tinting? Does it matter what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: TINTSHADES_zpse2731796.jpg (33KB, 700x267px) Image search: [Google]
TINTSHADES_zpse2731796.jpg
33KB, 700x267px
Can someone aware me on window tinting?

Does it matter what film they use? I called some fags in my area and these guys wanted $350 for some carbon ceramic shit that they said blocks 90% of the heat. I park outside and live in Florida so I really want to block as much heat as possible but want only 25% tint.

Some other guys quoted me at $120 for my 05 Mustang GT
>>
You want 3M and you want a lifetime warranty. That 120 shit will be purple in no time. 350 is about what i spent a decade ago, fair price for large windowed cars from a reputable shop using top grade products. Dont get illegal tint either. If you state says 25% is the limit then putting 25% on your car will likely be illegal as there will be some factory tint so you will fail if the cop tests your tint with a light meter. Depending on where you live this may or may not be an issue. 25% is also dark as fuck. You wont be able to see shit at night, especially out of your rear or back windows that are already tinted and will be limo tibt when you throw that 25% on top of it. I had 32% and id never go darker. My current car has none, I just use a sunshade.
>>
I have some weird foil that's black from the outside but from the inside is perfectly normal, as if there isn't any foil.
>>
>>14738529
Paid $60 bucks online and watched YouTube videos and did my ram and ranger. Went 5% on my ranger and that was a mistake. Can't see anything at night. Went 20% all around on my ram. It works and looks alright. I wish I could've found some 15% or something similar. I live in Montana so I don't have the humidity that you have. I still have days 100+ degrees but it's a dry heat. I can't give you any input about carbon tint stuff. But it's really not hard to tint your own shit. Just take your time and be very detailed
>>
>>14738831
What videos did you watch?
>>
>>14738575
>25% is also dark as fuck. You wont be able to see shit at night, especially out of your rear or back windows that are already tinted and will be limo tibt when you throw that 25% on top of it. I had 32% and id never go darker. My current car has none, I just use a sunshade.
25% is literally nonexistent at night, try 5% on top of 20% if you want to not see anything. After driving around long enough, you get used to it.
>>
>>14739014
>purposely being retarded for muh nigger tint
>>
>>14739025
I have dark tint because I can, problem?
>>
>>14739223
I mean, safety problems yeah, but that's it
>>
>>14739243
The only reason dark tint is illegal is so police officers can see into your car to see if you're doing anything illegal. It's a law designed to protect cops. So it really causes no safety issues if you're not doing anything illegal.
>>
>>14739268
you literally cannot use your side or rear windows at night unless you are in a well lit area. try backing put of a parking space in a pitch black lot with no moon and tell me it isnt a safety concern. id sometimes have to roll my windows down and i didnt even have nigger tint. its illegal because nighttime kid, not muh cops.
>>
>>14739410
>you literally cannot use your side or rear windows at night unless you are in a well lit area
I can, and I do
>try backing put of a parking space in a pitch black lot with no moon and tell me it isnt a safety concern
you're a pleb if you don't back into parking spaces, but besides that I also don't have an issue because I have these things called reverse lights that turn on and show where I'm going, you should try them out.
>>
>>14739268
>>14739410

Between the two of you. I will say that I will never tint my vehicle.

But if you want to tint at least have it so that you can park st night with your side mirrors and the. You know you aren't a cuck.

I don't care if you totally black out the rear windows because you don't need that shit to merge, park, back up or anything. But when you apply 10% on your drivers side window you are literally cucking yourself.
>>
>>14739410
so why is it legal in some states to have up to 35% all around the car, or 20% in the back but you cannot tint the front? its because either way they can still see you.
>>
>>14738529

i got the 90$ job and it lasted a good 5 years. Prolly still going strong but I dont have the car anymore.
>>
>>14739499
do you wear sunglasses at night too? its a safety issue. the end.
>>
>>14739507
because one you dont wear sunglasses at night so you need to see through your windshield and to see your mirrors. u know, the ones youre require by law to have? rear windows arent necessary. ever seen a panel van?
>>
>>14739620
wearing sunglasses at night isn't optimal, but it's very doable. Is it illegal to wear sunglasses at night because it's a safety issue?
>>
>>14739665
Yes its called negligent driving.
>>
>>14739688
from an interview with a police spokesman - "I asked if someone wearing sunglasses while driving at night could be nailed for second-degree negligent driving.

“From a practical standpoint I think it would be very difficult to build a viable case, but never say never,” Grannis said."
>>
>>14739665
uhh. yeah. its dangerous as shit. just like it is dangerous to operate a car with side mirrors you can barely see. thats why there are tint laws on the front of a car. not cops.

i mean its night time lets just block out 80%+ of what little light there is nothing bad could ever happen.
>>
>>14739713
Oh good you copied and pasted the very first thing you found on Google. Funny you purposely left out the rest of the article:
Drivers can be ticketed for second-degree negligent driving when they are engaged in an activity that “operates a motor vehicle in a manner that is both negligent and endangers or is likely to endanger any person or property,” according to state law.

That offense carries a $250 fine.

“Negligent,” according to the statute, “means the failure to exercise ordinary care, and is the doing of some act that a reasonably careful person would not do under the same or similar circumstances or the failure to do something that a reasonably careful person would do under the same or similar circumstances.”
>>
>>14739720
then why do police officers often have tinted out cars even when it's a marked vehicle? Isn't that dangerous?
>>
>>14739728
I actually had that part highlighted too, but I felt like it would add unnecessary length. I put down what I put down because it showed the officer said sunglasses at night isn't necessarily negligent
>>
>>14739753
maybe because they are pigs and dont give a fuck about you or anyone else?

its safety bud, yours and the other drivers, not cops. otherwise they wouldnt let you tint at all. by the time a cop is to your side window you already have the advantage if youre going to shoot him. law says you need side mirrors to change lanes. you need to be able to see side mirrors at night. tint limit. driving at night with sunglasses is dangerous, hence no windshiled tint. side and rear windows nor rear view mirror are required by law, tint whatever you feel like or dont even have them
>>
>>14739633
ever seen a 35% tint? its the legal limit you can have, can still see through it fine.
>>
>>14739772
>one police spokesman
Spokesman =/= officer.
>>
>>14739805
From another news article "A Seattle man reported he was robbed of $7,000 in Bellevue during an encounter with a prostitute, Bellevue police reported.
The incident began when the man picked up the woman in Seattle and drove to Bellevue, said Officer Greg Grannis, Bellevue police spokesman"
>>
>>14739793
so cops don't need to use side mirrors? Isn't it unsafe for me to be on the road with them, then?
>>
>>14739818
Still doesn't change the fact that it's negligent driving and there is a law against it. Just like there's a law against your window tint only allowing 10% light transmission. But it's only illegal if you get caught, right?
>>
>>14739844
There isn't a law against driving with sunglasses at night, but one law could possibly be construed to read that, although it is very unlikely.And where'd you get the 10% number, my windows allow way less light in than that? imo it's illegal the same way jaywalking is, it's to protect ourselves but in reality some of us can handle to safely jaywalk and have dark window tint while others cannot safely jaywalk or have dark window tint.
>>
>>14739803
its almost like that is why it is the legal limit for front side windows most places. and no, it makes it much harder to drive at night. how much is a matter of opinion but the fact less light lets you see less is objective fact. hence why there are tint laws.

imo driving with 32% for a decade it sometimes was a pita, and certainly detrimental to night time driving safety. if u want to do it power to you but it is a safety issue.
>>14739821
absolutely. cops dont care. thats why they drive like assholes and break every traffic law out there
>>
>>14739871
35% doesn't make it harder at all to drive at night. Once you get to 20% and below, you start to noticeably lose visibility. This might be subjective depending on your eyes, I have light sensitive eyes and just about need dark tint to drive safely in bright daytime. Without my sunglasses, it nearly hurts me to drive even legally tinted cars because my windshield is as dark as their back windows. This is why I have 5% all around over factory and a tint strip that covers more than the flip out visors can.
>>
>>14739933
youre so used to tint you dont know what its like to drive at night without the tunnel vision. as i said how much is a matter of opinion but even with 32% sometimes on dark nights in dark areas id need to roll my window down. less light will always make it harder to drive safely at night (pedestrian crossing the street on your side for instance at a four way stop, much harder to see, esp in your peripherals) be it 5% or 95% tint. seeing less is factually less safe and that is why there are tint laws for front windows. you need to see your mirrors and to your sides in the city.
>>
>>14739933
also i too have photophobia but i just wear dark dark glasses. tint is wholly unnecessary unless you are an albino or have a skin disease. sunglasses will do the job wholly.
>>
>>14740105
The only place I have ever gone where pedestrians have crossed have had city lights, which make it super easy to see with tint. Obviously it's always going to be easier to see with less tint, but to what degree is it safe is the real question. I belief this differs from driver to driver. I get what you're saying and I've never had severe visibility issues caused by tint.
>>14740128
The tint aids my sunglasses. They don't do the job wholly for me. The one part that sucks is that I can't see anything inside of my car with sunglasses on unless my windows are rolled down such as the gauges, which are kinda important.
>>
>>14738575
I've never understood this meme. Living in AZ I can get limo on the back, I do on all my vehicles and I've never once had an issue being able to see
>>
>>14740169
>I do on all my vehicles and I've never once had an issue being able to see
because you're used to it. I used to think 20% was dark, but your perspective can change over time
>>
>>14740153
i recommend darker glasses and a dash that lights up in the day. you dont need the tint, but if you want it whatever, just explaining why the laws exist. not every intersection is lit and that's one reason your limo tint is illegal nearly everywhere. i assume you operate fine walking to and from your car, if not get darker glasses. well worth it
>>
>>14740169
because only your windshield and side windows are necessary. ever driven a truck or van?
>>
>>14740220
it feels nice to know that I'm not driving a several ton hunk of steel into another car because the morning sunrise doesn't even daze me.
>>
>>14740241
and in return you compromise your night sight. power to you but this is simple physics. just explaining why these laws exist. certainly not muh police safety.
>>
>tfw tint can't be darker than 70%

Fuck PA
>>
File: IMG_20151201_1353323091.jpg (776KB, 3920x2028px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151201_1353323091.jpg
776KB, 3920x2028px
35% in the front and 15% on the rear. at night you can see fine but in the rearview i can only see headlights of other cars and other bright lights, after a while you get used to it. wish i went 15% all around but whatever
>>
File: IMG_5074.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5074.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14740467
mismatched tint looks stupid as fuck

I have 18% sides and rear and 25% over the entire windshield and can see just fine. even in the middle of nowhere in the woods late at night. don't know why people make such a big deal about this shit.
>>
>>14738575
>tfw 10%

I fee like i allowed me to develop night vision when backing
>>
File: 20160321_142647.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160321_142647.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Anon with 15% tint on all windows on his camry here in Florida.

Cops don't give a fuck about tint in our state. There are vehicles with 5% tint and no fucks given. However 15% is as dark as anyone of you should go. Yes it's hard to see at night but not impossible. You can at least clearly see other drivers lights and make out a good amount of the environment but sometimes I wish I got lighter tint. But yeah, 15% is the lowest you should go. I got the precut stuff from Lexington on Amazon and it turned out good minus the rear window that was a nightmare to install and couldn't get it on right. Fingers everywhere man even though i tried shrink-wrapping it. I have an 03 Camry so people seeing my tint like this probably don't care because they expect it. I'd say try installing the tint yourself if your car isn't that fancy.
>>
>>14738529
>Does it matter what film they use?
The really cheap ones will start bubbling and turning purple in a few years
>>
>>14738605
>rom the inside is perfectly normal, as if there isn't any foil.
that's what you think until you roll down the window
>>
>>14738575
I had my done for around $100 at a reputable place, no problems after 5 years
>>
>>14740169
Shit I live here too and have paid extra to tint windshields with a light tint. Cops rarely give a fuck here
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.