[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I plan on embarking on a long journey and I need suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: van.jpg (208KB, 2100x1575px) Image search: [Google]
van.jpg
208KB, 2100x1575px
So I plan on embarking on a long journey and I need suggestions on vans that could keep me warm/cozy for under $5000.

What are some vans I should keep my eye out for? Doesn't have to be aesthetically pleasing or fast, just capable of going for and keeping me warm.

Was thinking of something like pic related, but I don't know much about vehicles, help me out.
>>
>>14720473
rent an rv or spend the night in hotels and drive a fun car.
>>
you can pick up an early 2000s conversion van for under 5k and they are pretty much designed for long journeys and alot more cozy than an express van
>>
>>14720510
this guy's got it.
>>
File: 69991338.jpg (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
69991338.jpg
132KB, 1024x768px
>>14720510
>>
File: camping setup.jpg (92KB, 960x562px) Image search: [Google]
camping setup.jpg
92KB, 960x562px
>>14720473

S U B A R U
>>
>>14720480
Thing is though I plan on living in this possibly longer than the trip. I want something cozy. I don't have much going for my life so I'm going on this journey and roughing it.

>>14720510
I'm going to keep my eye out man, thanks. I remember my grandpa having one and he'd camp in it all the time, super cozy.
>>
You can get a Chevy express 1500 or Ford e-150 panel van for cheap, and still have a few thousand left over to insulate and modify the interior. It's way cheaper than buying a prebuilt and you can build it exactly as you want. If you have any kind of carpentry/electrical skills you should definitely go that route.
>>
>>14720510
>>14720517
What do you think of this? Good deal? Could I maybe talk him down or is this fair

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/hamilton/1990-gmc-vandura-conversion-van/1147315577?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
>>
>>14720554
I have moderate carpentry skills but my electrical skills field is lacking. You think there'd be any way I could still insulated a truck with minor disassembly?
>>
>>14720556
no idea, in the united states they arent that expensive
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ctd/5497478819.html
>>
>>14720587
I live in Canada so everything is usually more expensive.
>>
>>14720556
No pics sucks dicks.
>>
>>14720675
There's pics lol, body looks kind of rusted at the bottom but nothing I really care about. Other than that it doesn't look half bad.
>>
>>14720693
that generation was renowned for rotting underneath
>>
>not wanting a 4wd van with high ground clearance
How are you supposed to go on an adventure if you're limited to pavement?
>>
Suburbans are pretty cheap too.
>>
File: kreepycaptcha.jpg (395KB, 1686x999px) Image search: [Google]
kreepycaptcha.jpg
395KB, 1686x999px
>>14720556
ripoff

Assuming you're Ontariofag, there were vans were assembled here and then another company converted them to camper vans in the 80's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram_Van
So if you wait, you can find them around.

You won't easily stay warm in a van.

Living in a vehicle sucks in Ontario, because where it lives is shit for a third of the year. and the salt on the roads will eat your home.
>>
>>14720910
I'd say he could just drive to Florida for the winter but I deal with enough homeless cunts here winter so stay away.
>>
>>14720910
I still have a large time frame to look for a vehicle. Thanks for the input and suggestion.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.