[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the s2k the best car in terms of adjustability and raw performance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: HondaS2000-004.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
HondaS2000-004.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
is the s2k the best car in terms of adjustability and raw performance?

it has a 2l 4cylinder making 240hp that uses an aluminum block and carbon fiber lining, double wishbone suspension on the front and rear, two seats, manual gear box with carbon fiber synchros, limited slip differential, lightweight flywheel, 50:50 weight distribution with the engine pushed back, and it's rear wheel drive.

I think the main flaw is that it isn't lighter. at around 2900lbs it's a fairly heavy car when you consider its power output. had it been perhaps stiffened with steel but left with an aluminum chassis, i think this car would be the ultimate ride. convertibles might not be for everyone, but i don't think there are many cars i could name off hand with similar specs to this. if there is i will gladly look into them as well. i'm in no way trying to shill i just go for specs.

now before someone points out that wishbone is not an inherent plus for performance, bear in mind that one of its primary benefits is the increase of negative chamber as a result of the vertical suspension movement of the upper and lower arms. This translates to better stability properties for the car as the tires on the outside maintain more contact with the road surface. Handling performance also increases. The double suspension system is much more rigid and stable than other suspension systems, thus you would realize that your steering and wheel alignments are constant even when undergoing high amounts of stress.
>>
>is the s2k the best car in terms of adjustability and raw performance?

seeing as how its a slow faggot mobile, not really

>2900 lbs

jesus
>>
File: fe5.png (74KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
fe5.png
74KB, 625x626px
>>14718061
I'm just baffled that someone thinks a tiny honda 4banger is the last word in "raw performance"

Let alone any relevance to any piece of media that uses the phrase "raw performance"
>>
>>14718149
it's pretty good in my eyes. it can even be turbo'd reliably without modifying the internals as they're forged out of the factory. most motors can't even be turbo'd without a full bottom end workout.
>>
>>14718157
>>14718157
>11.0:1 static comp for US models f20c

yeah great turbo potential.

More like a fucking grenade without meth and race gas
>>
Gutless 4 banger with amazing chassis

Better yet, a c5c6 owns it in virtually everything
>>
>>14718173
>c5 is god

but the s2k owns that shitbox you call a car
>>
>>14718164
like i said, forged internal 4 cylinder. the crank and rods aren't nearly as low in threshold as you're thinking.
>>
>>14718061
Miata. Dirt cheap, can have as much horsepower as you want it to, can be stripped to be ultra light, can have insane suspension mods.

The ultimate sports car.
>>
>>14718184
i like hondas and i don't even want an S2k anymore

>2900 lbs

that's muscle car weight with a gutless torqueless 4 banger

>that feel when your car is faster than an S2k
>>
>>14718185
it pretty much needs to when you're turning 8900 RPM stock

the F20C has some potential in stock form as a turbo engine. it's not exactly a GM 5.3l however

>inb4 s2k from hell

it blew up
>>
>>14718184
Yeah on go kart tracks only kek
>>
I got to drive my friends S2K when I visited him a couple days ago in California

I loved it.

getting into 2nd gear is weird tho, not sure if its just his car or all S2K's
>>
>>14718061

>all these edgelords trashing the s2k who haven't ever driven one

never change l/o/sers
>>
>>14718061
it uses frm sleeved piston liners not carbon fiber, the ap1 weighs 2750lbs, ap2 was 2800lbs, don't know where 2900 came from, ap1 had brass syncros, not carbon, ap1 had a lightweight flywheel not ap2 (my issue with this is that you've mixed facts about it from different years and the car you're describing never existed)
>>
Good condition s2k
>15-20k

Good condition NSX
>20k-25k

If you are going to buy an over hyped Honda at least get the fast one that looks like a made in China f40
>>
File: 1447965880235.jpg (195KB, 1087x600px) Image search: [Google]
1447965880235.jpg
195KB, 1087x600px
>>14718390
where on Earth do you find a clean NSX for 20k????
>>
>>14718251
Its just wear and tear.
The transmissions were just perfect when new.
>>
>>14718390
i fucking dare you to show me a 20k NSX. i'll take out a bank loan if you do.
>>
>>14718622
he's full of shit..

we all know they're about double that
>>
>>14718438

>that high belt line

absolute fucking disgust
>>
>>14718217
>it blew up
He wrecked it, it didn't blow up. He posted about it on s2ki back when I still owned my ap1.

Why do people on here fucking lie all the time, lol?
>>
>>14718438
WINDSHIELD DELETE JDM TITE YO
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.