[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I had a thought. In the early 00's, we had that retro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: emerdoods.png (37KB, 118x210px) Image search: [Google]
emerdoods.png
37KB, 118x210px
So I had a thought. In the early 00's, we had that retro trend where we got cars styled after 30's/40's cars. Not too long ago, we were experiencing that Boomer nostalgia trend. with stuff like modern musclecars looking like the 60's/70's models and all of that.

When does the 80's Gen X nostalgia trend in cars start?
>>
>When does the 80's Gen X nostalgia trend in cars start?
About 20 yeats from now
>>
It's already started. The Toyobaru was supposed to be a successor to whatever driftu turd. The nsx is coming back out, the Fiat 124 coming back out
>>
File: image.jpg (180KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 1000x666px
Haven't you noticed that cars are already starting to get boxy again?
>>
>>14717532
>In the early 00's, we had that retro trend where we got cars styled after 30's/40's cars
examples please
>>
>>14717699
They aren't retro though...

The Toyobaru is Toyota pretending that it is acceptable to release a successor to the AE86 20 yeats late.

The new NSX is a completely different idea than the original.

The Fiata is more 1960s retro. You do know the 124 came out in the late 60s, right?
>>
File: i002405.jpg (63KB, 960x408px) Image search: [Google]
i002405.jpg
63KB, 960x408px
>>14717747
that's not boxy that's edgy soap.
>>
>>14717747
no. wrong, buddy.
>>
>>14717750
Pt Cruiser, HHR, Prowler, 11th gen Thunderbird (50's)
>>
>>14717750
There wasn't very many but the PT cruiser, Plymouth prowler, that weird truck thing that chevy made
>>
>>14717785
>>14717787
yeah the pt cruiser came to mind but I don't even know the others.
I don't think we will ever see 80's styling again simply because of passenger safety.
>>
>>14717805
Also bullshit pedestrian safety, though maybe when every car will slam on its brakes when fucktards jump out into the road they can ease up on those.
>>
>>14717805
>>14717816
we'd need a Republican Deregulator president to get nice cars again in general.
>>
well 80s cars are the ugliest ever made
modern cars are the ugliest after that

Id say its already going full swing
>>
>>14717816
Maybe when drivers ease up on running down pedestrians.

>>14717872
Good luck with that. Not even Milton Friedman opposed regulations for the purpose of pedestrian safety.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.