[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /o/ My 94 Honda Prelude is being a cunt, and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1409570368718.png (226KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1409570368718.png
226KB, 500x375px
Sup /o/

My 94 Honda Prelude is being a cunt, and I don't know why. Basically, the car starts fine 90% of the time, and then sometimes it will just crank without actually starting.

Just earlier it started no worries, I took it up and down the street, parked, turned it off. Turned it on and off twice, no worries, then the third time, engine cranks with no hope of starting. Other times it doesn't even start the first time.

Doesn't seem affected by hot or cold, and the car runs perfect when it does start. Any ideas?
>>
File: 1453166915790.jpg (215KB, 928x910px) Image search: [Google]
1453166915790.jpg
215KB, 928x910px
>>14715031
Coulda had a corolla
>>
>>14715031
sounds like an intermittent electrical fault. Check the wiring to the starter.
>>
>>14715043
My Corolla ran perfect until a nigger crashed into me.

>>14715044
But if the wiring to the starter was the issue, then the engine wouldn't crank at all?
>>
>>14715057
>But if the wiring to the starter was the issue, then the engine wouldn't crank at all?
not if it's an intermittent electrical short.
>>
File: 45430145_big.jpg (55KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
45430145_big.jpg
55KB, 1024x768px
>>14715057
Shoulda bought another corolla
>>
>>14715068
A game of chasing ghosts I guess.

>>14715071
Was very tempted, no decent ones in area at the time.
>>
>>14715080
>A game of chasing ghosts I guess.
I hate chasing down intermittent electrical gremlins.
>>
>>14715031
You're getting power to the starter, but no power to ignite so something is wrong in between your ecu and the plugs . Maybe the distributor or spark plugs?
>>
>>14715301
Tickle my anus, I did pull a plug to test if it's not getting spark, but it started each time I tested it with a plug out, and has started each time since. Hard to diagnose a problem which doesn't exist most the time.
>>
>>14715301
also perhaps its a weak fuel pump/fuel filter.

Try clicking the kiey to accessory, you will hear a buzz then a click, this is your fuel pump/. Listen close it's really quiet.

After it clicks do that a few times and the pump has turned on and gave some extra gas. This will help you figure out if its just cause no gas or if its more air/spark related.
>>
>>14715937
I ruled out the fuel it's , because you can run the battery flat whilst mashing the accelerator, then just barely start it with a flat battery a while later. And when it does start, it's not starved of fuel at any point.
>>
>>14715937
Actually, maybe the fuel pump isn't receiving power sometimes due to a dodgy fuel pump relay?? I'll look soon!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.