[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >live in michigan >drive pic related >no food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Tank.jpg (22KB, 300x202px) Image search: [Google]
Tank.jpg
22KB, 300x202px
>Be me
>live in michigan
>drive pic related
>no food in house, hungry as shit
>want restaurant food, but shitstorm of snow outside
>letsdothis.jpg
>get to restaurant without trouble
>waiting for food, see guy get into brodozer dually ram
>he can barely get out of the driveway
>i get my food
>he literally can not go strait
>mfw i pass him laughing my ass off
>tfw my shitbox toyota outperforms a brodozer
>>
>>14714698

Despite what /o/ says FWD is bretty gud in the snow.
>>
File: -fist-bump-1c.jpg (18KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
-fist-bump-1c.jpg
18KB, 235x235px
>>14714698
>tfw my rusted FWD shitbox can pass 4x4 jeeps and AWD subarus with ease
makes me wonder if its the cars or they are just really shitty drivers
>>
S N O W T I R E S
N
O
W

T
I
R
E
S
>>
>>14714708
I mean it's better than RWD, but this is mostly just retards not knowing how to drive
>>
>>14714708
FWD is inherently better for snow than RWD. Who the fuck thinks FWD is bad? Memers?

It pulls the whole car instead of pushing it which provides more traction and control. This is basic physics.
>>
>>14714829
Memers mostly and no car benchracers.

For most things FWD is just fine and you can have fun but being hektic in a FWD takes work.
>>
>>14714829
FWD is harder to control when you start sliding compared to RWD or 4WD
>>
>>14716672

> FWD is harder to control when you start sliding compared to RWD or 4WD

Wrong, RWD and AWD are much harder to settle if you start to spin out in snow.
>>
>>14716672
This. With FWD your drive wheels are also your steer wheels. So they're doing double duty and neither job wheel when loosing traction.

With RWD you can counter steer and control the throttle to adjust the back end in a slide. I'd take RWD with snow tires over anything else; mostly for the fun factor. It really comes to your driving ability no matter what the layout anyway though.
>>
>>14716702
No, well maybe.

In fwd you only have input through the front tires, throttle and steering. In rwd you have input to the rear tires with throttle and the front is handling steering.

If you are the 10% of the driving population you can use the power to correct or induce a spin. For the other 90% oh my god no!!!! Jebus take the wheel.
>>
>>14716720

Nope, the dynamics of snow driving are completely ass backwards to what you think you know about cars. The fact that you can steer and power the same wheels in an FWD means you can correct using gas. Doing so with a RWD will throw you into a spin 99,9% of the time. In AWD cars it depends on the torque split but giving gas will most likely flick you out of control should the rear end bite first. Snow is more like aquaplaning than it is driving on a slippery surface.
>>
>>14716720
>>14716791
or if you drive rwd just let off the fucking gas and countersteer. Had to do this 4 times this winter, worked everytime.
>>
>>14716791
this
>>14716720
drifting is not the same as spinning out in snow/ice.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.