[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help finding a part. My fron left wheel has been making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: caliper spacer.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
caliper spacer.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
I need help finding a part. My fron left wheel has been making a screeching noise for weeks, as if it needed brake replacements. Thing is, disk and brake pads are relatively new. I finally got fed up with the squeeking and looked at it today, and found that the bottom mounting bolt, is missing this spacer. Pic isn't my car but it is related. The circled area is definitely the part i'm looking for, however I can't seem to find it online. I don't even know how to search for it. Caliper bracket bolt spacer doesn't bring up anything? Autoparts stores don't know what it is and look at me like i'm crazy. Help out guys.
>>
File: 1452101738584.jpg (584KB, 888x2064px) Image search: [Google]
1452101738584.jpg
584KB, 888x2064px
try and use the if you want but maybe that should work let me know if that works okay
>>
To clarify, the circled part I was referring to is the Caliper Bracket Bolt circle. You can see that the mounting bolt has a metal spacer, then it hits the mounting area, then the caliper bracket. That spacer is what no one seems to know about, but my car does have it. I'm thinking that the uneven-ness in pressure when I brake, is what causes the squeeking. The bracket is actually scraping my rim.
>>
>>14702063
what?
>>
File: 1428784670589.jpg (109KB, 797x600px) Image search: [Google]
1428784670589.jpg
109KB, 797x600px
If you are missing a spacer or something it should be obvious just by looking at it.

It's possibly that you aren't missing any type of spacer/washer. brakes can definitely squeak just by not having new brake hardware clips/greased pads/hardware
>>
>>14702081
I checked my right wheel, and both top and bottom bolts have that spacer. My left wheel, the squeeker that is scrapping my rim, only has the spacer on the top bolt. The bottom bolt is screwed in place without it. i'm guessing that's a sign that it's missing.

Is the junkyard my only option?
>>
What car?
>>
>>14702100
98 pontiac grand prix
>>
>>14702096
>>14702109

just go to the auto parts store and see if they sell the piece. if they don't those cars are a dime a dozen at the junk yard.
>>
>>14702109
I think you're better off finding a bolt that's short enough to not need the spacer.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.